P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and a happy & healthy New Year. 

This time of year brings a mixture of sadness to some and joy to others - we send our very best wishes to all.

Reading your posts has been both interesting and informative, so thank you. 

Happy cruising to those on board now or in the future. We have a bit of a wait until we sail again (June and October, both P&O) but they are holidays we will both enjoy looking forward to next year. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

Where ? 🤔 Possibly motorway services ?

I don't know. Joe told me and I thought he was joking so I asked Mr Google and sure enough , most are closed but some in certain areas will be open for a few hours. Possibly motorway services as you say. 😏 

Avril

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't know. Joe told me and I thought he was joking so I asked Mr Google and sure enough , most are closed but some in certain areas will be open for a few hours. Possibly motorway services as you say. 😏 

Avril

All food from Marks and Spencer.

TBH it's only the coffee at the drive thru of McDonald's,Greggs and Starbucks and a few breakfast items that I eat now and only when we are going to the nearby beach car park to look at the North Sea.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

The web site says "A handful may open " but when you check them out ,I was having trouble finding one open on Christmas day . 

It wasn't for me ,I was asking for a friend who likes gazing out to sea 🤣🤣

• Haha 14

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Yup even me at just turned 59 haven’t got a final salary pension. I think I did in my very first job in the bank but I left to have my son and didn’t want to leave him with a stranger! When I went back to the bank when he was 11 it wasn’t a final pension scheme. 

Sorry Sue, but I now have this image of an 11 year old boy.....Mummy is that you ? Where have you been?.🤣

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

The web site says "A handful may open " but when you check them out ,I was having trouble finding one open on Christmas day . 

It wasn't for me ,I was asking for a friend who likes gazing out to sea 🤣🤣

When we review the list in the morning we can add a bag of Chicken nuggets. Just in case.

• Like 1

Better not comment on here or I'll spend Christmas Day on the naughty step.

Have you seen what's been going on on the Ambassador site. A right shenanigans.  Bit complicated for me to explain but 800 cancelled  for their Christmas  Caribbean  cruise for saving 6000 short trips.   You will get it when you see it.Too late to get anything else.  Very sorry for them.

• Like 3

We had a lovely afternoon with my niece's children, it was sad that she wasn't with us but she would have been so proud of them. 

They had special end of year assemblies this morning and both of them had awards.  The daughter had the head of year's certificate for continuous excellent work, a £50 gift card, a bar of chocolate.  The son had a certificate for highest average marks for his year, a £30 gift card, he didn't have any chocolate because he had given his to a boy with learning difficulties that he has been mentoring this year.

Dad was over the moon when he saw that they had both had awards despite the hard year that they have had.

• Like 24

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We had a lovely afternoon with my niece's children, it was sad that she wasn't with us but she would have been so proud of them. 

They had special end of year assemblies this morning and both of them had awards.  The daughter had the head of year's certificate for continuous excellent work, a £50 gift card, a bar of chocolate.  The son had a certificate for highest average marks for his year, a £30 gift card, he didn't have any chocolate because he had given his to a boy with learning difficulties that he has been mentoring this year.

Dad was over the moon when he saw that they had both had awards despite the hard year that they have had.

That is so lovely, you must have been so proud.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh she was there alright ...In your hearts and in your minds and memories and yes she would be proud of those kids... Hope you all have a good Christmas ! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, P&O SUE said:

That is so lovely, you must have been so proud.

Thank you, we are proud of both of them, they are very special to us but we are biased so to have them recognised by other people was lovely.

They are going to nana's house this evening and I know that she will be thrilled that they are doing so well because after their mum's death she was worried that they might fall back a bit.  

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Grandad John said:

Given that a significant percentage of McDonalds are run by franchisees who don’t all celebrate Christmas I wouldn’t be surprised if quite a few are open.

Their site says "a handful "    I tried Bradford ,Heathrow ,London theatre area among others

https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/help/faq/is-mcdonald-s-open-on-christmas-day.html

2 hours ago, indiana123 said:

Better not comment on here or I'll spend Christmas Day on the naughty step.

Have you seen what's been going on on the Ambassador site. A right shenanigans.  Bit complicated for me to explain but 800 cancelled  for their Christmas  Caribbean  cruise for saving 6000 short trips.   You will get it when you see it.Too late to get anything else.  Very sorry for them.

Very sad for those who have lost out, we were going to book a 42 night cruise with them in January to Caribbean and Brazil when my consultant gave me the go ahead to travel, then the news came out about the propeller shaft issue and the ship we were hoping for was effectively blocked for bookings to allow those that could swap across from the cancelled cruise. This was fair enough so we just booked an apartment in the Canaries. 

• Like 4

Morning we have 10.c but a bit breezy again this morning .

The Mrs was on a forum for our area and a couple of folk who were using the 

Iceland delivery slots were fuming .

Three had been informed they have been delivered when they hadn't and one 

woman was told "sorry about that but we have no slots left to re deliver "🥵

Hope you have all got your shopping in without any bother as I guess the shops will be a bit manic today .

I've just got one of them Humpty Dumpty toys from Aldi for my granddaughter.
It's brilliant.It comes with Aldi King's horse's and Aldi King's men 

A bloke was pulled for trying to leave Aldi with a turkey he had not paid for  but the security guy was onto him sharpish and asked him " what are you doing with the turkey sir ?
"Roasts ,sprouts and stuffing and gravy  " was the reply 😉

Have a good day  !  😃

• Haha 16

Another grey drizzly day day here.

I noticed yesterday that our petrol was getting a bit low so I thought this morning that I would go up to Tesco and fill up before it got too busy.  I was glad when I got there that I was only getting petrol and not doing any shopping because the car park was pretty full even though it was only 7am.  It was definitely a good idea to do all of our shopping on Thursday, I can't imagine what it will be like later.

Have a good day everyone.

• Like 7

Another drizzly, damp, breezy day but still mild.

I've got my Tesco order being delivered this morning, therefore have no need to go out. I did call in at the Tesco in Penzance yesterday and it was busier than I have seen it in a long time.

My daughter's birthday today and her daughter and partner have arranged a surprise for her. All she knows is that they are catching the train from our local station.

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 11

Our daughter was in Tesco Sevenoaks at 5.30 this morning.She was getting the turkey,lol.She's a veggie and only 4 of us are eating it.She does leave things to the last minute.Wishing everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year,Brian.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1