P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

51 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

WOW, I thought that petrol was expensive at £1.42 at Tesco this morning.

Of course it couldn’t be oil producers and fuel companies building up their balance sheet that was hit by lockdowns and home working during Covid. It is a good thing that the duty payable on fuel was not increased in the budget although of course higher fuel prices result in higher VAT revenue.

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Of course it couldn’t be oil producers and fuel companies building up their balance sheet that was hit by lockdowns and home working during Covid. It is a good thing that the duty payable on fuel was not increased in the budget although of course higher fuel prices result in higher VAT revenue.

I definitely think that some companies are improving their balance sheets following the lockdowns etc.  I am just surprised that retailers in some parts of the country are charging 10p more per litre than those in other areas.  Definitely ripping off motorists.😬

• Like 1

Just now, Josy1953 said:

I definitely think that some companies are improving their balance sheets following the lockdowns etc.  I am just surprised that retailers in some parts of the country are charging 10p more per litre than those in other areas.  Definitely ripping off motorists.😬

There has always been a big difference between fuel costs over the country. We notice the highest prices , on our trip down to Southampton, are on the A34 just south of the M40. Quite often there is a 15 - 20p per gallon difference to the prices in Huddersfield.

45 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

There has always been a big difference between fuel costs over the country. We notice the highest prices , on our trip down to Southampton, are on the A34 just south of the M40. Quite often there is a 15 - 20p per gallon difference to the prices in Huddersfield.

I have obviously not been taking notice of prices other than when I fill up.  We can drive to Southampton and back on a full tank so have never filled up on the M40 or A34.

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

It's not just a difference between areas of the country but also between retailers. In my town, the cheapest petrol is at Sainsbury's, where it is 142.9p a litre but local Esso or BP garages are 6 - 8p more...

Of course, the worst culprits are the motorway services who always seem to charge inthe region of 20p more.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

It's not just a difference between areas of the country but also between retailers. In my town, the cheapest petrol is at Sainsbury's, where it is 142.9p a litre but local Esso or BP garages are 6 - 8p more...

Of course, the worst culprits are the motorway services who always seem to charge inthe region of 20p more.

Too true, we had to put £10 in the tank on the motorway to get us to our hotel , paid £169. Ltr and off the motorway £1.43 , filled up at Tesco this morning at £1.48 

6 hours ago, ccpm said:

Home and got some petrol en route sacre moi its over £152.99 now. Oh well have to travel to Southampton and back for the cruise so will need petrol.

Petrol is not £152 a litre. 

Come on people, read the post before commenting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Petrol is not £152 a litre. 

Come on people, read the post before commenting. 

My car is in for a cambelt change this week. I thought it would be quite expensive , but it appears less than 4 litres of diesel.🤣

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

My car is in for a cambelt change this week. I thought it would be quite expensive , but it appears less than 4 litres of diesel.🤣

Two new tyres today  - £100 each. Problem is that I now can't afford the petrol to go anywhere.

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, LynnForestgate said:

Its been a while, since that happened to me Brian 🙂

On a serious note, its sad that the Younger ones, have to work into their late sixties soon. And suddenly Peppa Pig is the main topic of conversation on the news stations especially GB News this morning.

LOL,just avoid the Romford rd though.

Good morning all we made it safely up tho Scotland the longest drive it’s taken us 8 1/2 hours with only a quick stop for 20 mins to get a cup of tea 5 hours to Manchester which normally I can do in 3 1/2 to 4 hrs but other half wanted to do his way 😤 he done all the driving so I kept my mouth shut 😂 he’s doing my way home though, traffic was good no hold ups , not to cold up here but raining this morning, just waiting for other half to bring my sausage &egg McMuffin back for breakfast, then flying visits to the families.

Have a good sunny day everyone 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good morning all we made it safely up tho Scotland the longest drive it’s taken us 8 1/2 hours with only a quick stop for 20 mins to get a cup of tea 5 hours to Manchester which normally I can do in 3 1/2 to 4 hrs but other half wanted to do his way 😤 he done all the driving so I kept my mouth shut 😂 he’s doing my way home though, traffic was good no hold ups , not to cold up here but raining this morning, just waiting for other half to bring my sausage &egg McMuffin back for breakfast, then flying visits to the families.

Have a good sunny day everyone 

Pleased you made it safely up to Scotland Sandra.

Take care when visiting family as their drink drive limit is half of ours in England.

England.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

Morning everyone, 

It's another sunny day down here although it's not wall to wall sunshine but a lot warmer than yesterday as it's 7oC.

Off to visit Mum later as she wants help filling in details for our cruise in January, but other than that no plans for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe.

• Like 2

Oops £152.9 of course for the petrol. Prices always high locally. I must pay more attention to spell checking.

Dull grey and wet today. 

Edited by ccpm

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope everyone is well @kalos Take care.

Graham.

I'm also begining to feel a little concerned now about Kalos and/or Mrs Kalos. It's been nearly three weeks now, as far as I can tell, that he posted or reacted to anything. Mrs Kalos was having tests at the hospital for back pain? I think he said the last time he posted, so I hope everything is alright in the Kalos house🤞

Avril

• Like 18

The memorial to the little known biggest single civilian death toll in WW2.173 people were killed when a false alarm air raid siren went off causing a stampede down the steps of Bethnal Green tube.Only 2 flights of stairs,don't bear thinking about.20211124_114824_001.thumb.jpg.7bf0f4471c5d66f6a71336fe4489b7ff.jpg20211124_114926.thumb.jpg.19d140c1a3c26c9b5d3f097bdf9fc006.jpg20211124_114926.thumb.jpg.19d140c1a3c26c9b5d3f097bdf9fc006.jpg

• Like 3