P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

the govt are continuing to follow their softly softly approach to the implementation of the rules, and trusting everyone to try and honour them without the need for enforcement.  

Problem with that John,  is that he's crediting too many people with having commonsense and consideration for others,  when some might need a clout round the ear'ole. There is  middle ground between China and Britain's idea of controlling  of the virus,  Boris needs to find it

Avril 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm following my own rules zap.

I'm keeping to social distancing except with close family. 

Only going out when necessary and wearing a mask the moment I get to the  bus stop and not taking it off until I get home.

Plenty of hand washing and making sure everyone in the house does the same. 

That was  Sir Patrick Vallance's advice all along before the water's were muddied by other politcal 'agendas' and has never changed.

Avril 

All sensible measures I'm sure. The experts will NEVER say that lockdown can stop. If it continues the country will go bust. There will not be any schools or NHS as we will have no money to pay for it. Lockdown measures need to reduce and that means risks will be taken Risk v Benefit. If the experts advise people not to go back to work, who will pay their dole money ?. You will Avril, no holidays , or trips out for you. Boris for all his faults knows all that and his walking a tightrope. All the experts will do is play ultra safe.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi,our baked dumplings with a tablespoon of olive oil instead of suet turned out ok.Having a Kate and Sydney pud Sunday,see how that turns out.All that chicken mixed with gammon looks a dogs dinner but was lovely,lol,Brian.20200714_181254.thumb.jpg.8f64bdfcba91518896ec3767da63473d.jpg

Looks lovely Brian and those dumplings look nicer with olive oil than suet. How much oil to flour was used? We'll  end up collaborating on a recipe book if this keeps up😉

Sis

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Looks lovely Brian and those dumplings look nicer with olive oil than suet. How much oil to flour was used? We'll  end up collaborating on a recipe book if this keeps up😉

Sis

Hi,chef says she used 125gms of flour to 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a little splash of milk with the water.That made 4 dumplings.I'll post Monday about the pud,cheers,Bro.

• Like 1

I've lost track of the rules but the OH daughter and grandkids are coming over to stay in August.Would that be allowed if we lived in UK at the moment,just curious.

As I understand it, here in U.K. the ‘rules’ would allow them to stay in the house as long as you were social distancing, no hugging etc.

I hope you have a lovely time with family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, zap99 said:

All sensible measures I'm sure. The experts will NEVER say that lockdown can stop. If it continues the country will go bust. There will not be any schools or NHS as we will have no money to pay for it. Lockdown measures need to reduce and that means risks will be taken Risk v Benefit. If the experts advise people not to go back to work, who will pay their dole money ?. You will Avril, no holidays , or trips out for you. Boris for all his faults knows all that and his walking a tightrope. All the experts will do is play ultra safe.

You've misunderstood me zap. Maybe I haven't been clear. I have faith in Boris. I voted for him and still believe in him. His problems began when this virus arrived and knocked everyone sideways. He has had to juggle with , not only the health of our country, and his own health,  but also the country's economy. He's had to take advice from many people, some good and some not so good, and that's what's causing the confusion and constant backtracking on advice.    All I want is to see him make a decision, and stick to it and not allow himself to be undermined by prime minister 'wanna bes'. Our cruise will be cancelled this year because I don't think the FCO ban will be lifted in time, but next year's October cruise stays. If coach touring holidays resume, we have been looking to go in September. If cruising restarts after Christmas we have been considering a fjords or Baltic cruise early spring. The reason I'm still being so cautious is because Barnsley could go into lockdown again if things don't improve. 

Avril 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

As I understand it, here in U.K. the ‘rules’ would allow them to stay in the house as long as you were social distancing, no hugging etc.

I hope you have a lovely time with family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cheers,we'll have to be careful,lol,especially with 6 of us in the 1 car.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Problem with that John,  is that he's crediting too many people with having commonsense and consideration for others,  when some might need a clout round the ear'ole. There is  middle ground between China and Britain's idea of controlling  of the virus,  Boris needs to find it

Avril 

I think he has Avril and, despite the media finding lots of idiots to interview, I think the vast majority of the country are doing their best to operate sensible social distancing and follow P V's best hygiene practices.

I am quite happy with how things are progressing, and certainly don't think there is need for further clarity, the idiots won't follow it anyway, unless you prefer the police to use strong arm tactics to enforce absolute observance of the rules.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I think he has Avril and, despite the  unless you prefer the police to use strong arm tactics to enforce absolute observance of the rules.

Or strong knee tactics.🤔

36 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Should have been having Dinner in the Moldy Fig tonight, Sue and her staff always look after us.

Nearly forgot tomorrow is paused!

Could not edit above post.

However the Moldy Fig is part of the Concorde Club at Eastleigh.

38 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I like the Concorde club.. Saw Showaddywaddy and the Drifters there.. 

Andy 

We think it,s a great place to stay, pre-cruise, very personnel.

We do not do the entertainment bit, either there or on a cruise.

However ,we do appreciate the live jazz during dinner on a Sunday Evening.

We have tried a few places, but have not felt comfortable, but we do at this venue.

Maybe not the cheapest,but that is not the point for us!

• Like 1

There is a lot to be said for the UK.  Mind you, Salcombe is rammed with people and the police have been called every evening this week for violence and abuse going on in the main part of town.  never known this before.

30 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

There is a lot to be said for the UK.  Mind you, Salcombe is rammed with people and the police have been called every evening this week for violence and abuse going on in the main part of town.  never known this before.

Perhaps the yob element who usually give the British a bad name abroad have visited you this year.☹️

• Like 5

Interestingly we have been in Wales and everything is very cautious at the moment. They are weeks behind England re lifting restrictions and it shows. Very calm in North Wales this weekend with everyone being very cautious and following their rules. Felt very safe. :-)

• Like 3