P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Last day of my 60s today, I shall mark it by trimming the hedge and getting some unwanted stuff down from loft! 

Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Typical of my luck, hottest day down we have had down here so far this year and I started a new job, so spent it at working! Next week is set to be good too, what did I do wrong?😒At least I am not working tomorrow as we have a family BBQ so will get to see some to the warmer weather!

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Hi everyone, hope you are all well and managing to keep nice and cool in the warm weather.

I have just spoken to P & O to enquire about any available accessible cabins on N224 Ventura, 13 Sept 22. I was told just one cabin left E303 NC grade, select fare £516 pp. I asked what the saver rate would be, told I couldn’t have it on saver rate as I knew the cabin no. I told him it was not my fault it was the last cabin and he said he would check with his supervisor. He came back and told me no NC grade cabins accessible or not are available to book at saver fare along with some other grades? 

Has anyone come across this before? 

Michelle 

No but it does not surprise me that P&O adopt that attitude.

However I wonder if someone was to request this and,  if refused, threatened to sue them for discrimination, whether that might change their mind?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

There is a bin cleaning service around here, we pay to have it cleaned once every 6 weeks

We were most impressed when living in Spain,  that in the summer months,  every four weeks, after our wheelie bins were emptied (twice  a week !) a bin cleaning vehicle came around and blasted out our bins.  

Perhaps that is where I developed my bin cleaning fetish! 

Call me Señor Limpio!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am also impressed by town-dwelling dog owners taking a bottle of water with them when they go walkies.  Doggie wees - owner washes down with water from the squirty bottle.  Neat and sweet.

Another lovely day, and a good night’s sleep, with the fan to aid me dropping off.

Happy Birthday Snow Hill - hope you have a lovely day

• Like 2

Good morning all. Yes another day of sunshine here as well. That’s 3 in a row - a minor miracle.

We even had to water the grass yesterday as it was looking a bit crispy. Normally watered regularly from on high but there is no rain forecast until next Sunday!

Happy birthday Snow Hill, have a lovely day.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

No but it does not surprise me that P&O adopt that attitude.

However I wonder if someone was to request this and,  if refused, threatened to sue them for discrimination, whether that might change their mind?

I have written to customer services about it. I made a complaint a while ago about the delay over a refund not been made to me so I had a contact. Hope she still works there!!
I will have to read up on their terms and conditions and on the DDA. 

Michelle

Morning everyone, hope you are ok today.

Happy Birthday Snow Hill 🍰🎂

It is my mums 88th Birthday today. We are doing an afternoon tea for her in our garden. All the family are coming over so there will be four generations today. I hope to get some nice photos as we are not all together that often.

Have a lovely day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 9

54 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I have written to customer services about it. I made a complaint a while ago about the delay over a refund not been made to me so I had a contact. Hope she still works there!!
I will have to read up on their terms and conditions and on the DDA. 

Michelle

FYI the D.D.A was superseded by the equality act 2010. Same sort of provisions but all the equality provisions were rolled up into one Act.

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are ok today.

Happy Birthday Snow Hill 🍰🎂

It is my mums 88th Birthday today. We are doing an afternoon tea for her in our garden. All the family are coming over so there will be four generations today. I hope to get some nice photos as we are not all together that often.

Have a lovely day everyone 

Michelle

Happy 88th birthday to your mam today Michelle.

98A89CFC-4E2D-43FB-9727-12DBCD01770C.jpeg.fe4ce792e3b1f28a21a73e03e616a64e.jpeg

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Happy Birthday to your Mum MIchelle, have a lovely afternoon.

We're going over to my daughter's for a BBQ this afternoon, there will be four generations of us there too! 

What a good idea. A family BBQ to watch the gran Prix.🤔

Thanks for the birthday wishes, went for lunch at out favourite pub restaurant, I was expecting just to be the 2 of us, but I was surprised to see one of my sisters & my BiL there, my other sister should have been there but currently she and my other BiL are suffering with the 🦠, she is suffering quite badly with it. 

This afternoon had a visit from my son, DiL & 2 grandchildren and my daughter, we sat outside on the patio, it was rather hot, but was the safest option. Had some wonderful presents and a mystery break in September from my wife, no idea where we are going. 

First day of a new age decade got off to a flying start. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 14

15 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Thanks for the birthday wishes, went for lunch at out favourite pub restaurant, I was expecting just to be the 2 of us, but I was surprised to see one of my sisters & my BiL there, my other sister should have been there but currently she and my other BiL are suffering with the 🦠, she is suffering quite badly with it. 

This afternoon had a visit from my son, DiL & 2 grandchildren and my daughter, we sat outside on the patio, it was rather hot, but was the safest option. Had some wonderful presents and a mystery break in September from my wife, no idea where we are going. 

Happy birthday! Glad you had a good day 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Don't forget,  70 is the new 50 ! 

• Like 3

Morning, hope everyone is OK. We decided to nip over to the County of Wowzz for  a bit of sea breeze yesterday and as Papas was overflowing we opted for a Brewers Fayre carvery. The meat was nice but that was about it. Pleased to say the breakfast was.a little bit better. Have a nice day 😊   

Photos are upside down for some reason???

20220711_072656.jpg

20220711_073115.jpg

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning, hope everyone is OK. We decided to nip over to the County of Wowzz for  a bit of sea breeze yesterday and as Papas was overflowing we opted for a Brewers Fayre carvery. The meat was nice but that was about it. Pleased to say the breakfast was.a little bit better. Have a nice day 😊   

20220711_072656.jpg

20220711_073115.jpg

Even Cleethorpes looks good in the sunshine.!

• Like 2

On 7/10/2022 at 6:47 AM, Eddie99 said:

I am also impressed by town-dwelling dog owners taking a bottle of water with them when they go walkies.  Doggie wees - owner washes down with water from the squirty bottle.  Neat and sweet.

Another lovely day, and a good night’s sleep, with the fan to aid me dropping off.

Happy Birthday Snow Hill - hope you have a lovely day

Paris dog owners kindly leave it on the pavement so that folk can hone their skills in observation and manoeuvrability.

• Haha 6

56 minutes ago, kalos said:

20220711_072656.jpg

20220711_073115.jpg

Kalos. Glad your enjoying the nice weather and delights of Scunthorpe. Don't worry about the photos being upside down. Simple solution. Turn your phone or tablet over the other way.............Oh!!!.🤔

• Haha 1