P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I can top that, one of the cooks signed in for her shift at my son's school on Tuesday using an electronic screen which required you to confirm that you have no COVID 19 symptons. She then went in the kitchen, started coughing and cried. She said that she was having trouble breathing but it would be okay as she had already booked a coronavirus test for the following day.

The staff screamed at her to get out and alerted the office staff who then made her leave the premises immediately though of course it was too late. On Wednesday the test came through as positive and all the school kitchen staff were told to remain home and isolate. 

The school managed to get temporary staff in but can't next week until Wednesday so it's packed lucnhes all round.

As you said, what is wrong with some people?

I would say she deserves to be sacked . Total disregard for anyone's health & safety.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece has just called me her husband came home from work on Tuesday feeling ill, he had a covid test on Wednesday and had the result this morning telling him he is positive.  They now all have to isolate and she has got to speak to her consultant about what to do about her next chemo session which is 2 weeks today. Just when you think things can't get worse they do ☹️☹️

So sorry to hear that Josy - very best wishes to your family.

5 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Talking to my sister who is a nurse last night she suspected that I have been given the vaccine because she says that a placebo does not usually cause any issues.  I told her that the first injection had no reaction and she said that is normal because your body starts to react after the first injection by very mildly and then when you have the second injection it really kicks in.  I will tell them about it when I go back in 2 weeks.

Best wishes Josy and to Pete, you both have my utmost respect for helping out with the trials. Fingers crossed for your niece as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Until the last few days I didn't know anyone who had had covid but I now personally know several in addition to the ones that I "know" from this site.  I just hope that this trend slows down and we start to turn the corner as a result of the current lockdown.

I didn't know anyone until now either but we've heard our neighbours coughing for at least 2 weeks and today they've come out of isolation and confirmed that they'd tested positive. They're good people but for a long time we suspected they were possibly being a little careless given the number of different visitors we'd noticed going in their house. I know it's hard to change from normal routines (such as having family or other visitors in your house) but in their case they seem to have paid a heavy price.

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

I would say she deserves to be sacked . Total disregard for anyone's health & safety.

Agreed but doubt the school trust would go through with it as they'd probably be afraid of an unfair dismissal claim (which would cost even if they were proven to be justified).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Beware all you lovely people - there are some very convincing Royal Mail scam emails doing the rounds; the one I've seen says that they were unable to deliver a parcel due to insufficient postage and asking you to pay the balance of postage via a link. An  intelligent and cautious friend has just fallen for it, as has someone on our village fb page. 

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Is it my laptop? Where did the icons in the bottom right corner go? I can't react to anybdy now.

I tried signing out and back in again, still nothing🤔

Avril

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I got a new one today. My Netflix subscription has been blocked. That would worry me a bit, if I had a Netflix subscription.🤔

I think Zapp should pay up for his "Future Netflix " subscription and they could get the 

Royal  mail to deliver his netflix .

Annie would send him the payment details and they could possibly post all our likes back to us

and everyone's happy  ... What could go wrong ? :classic_unsure:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I didn't know anyone until now either but we've heard our neighbours coughing for at least 2 weeks and today they've come out of isolation and confirmed that they'd tested positive. They're good people but for a long time we suspected they were possibly being a little careless given the number of different visitors we'd noticed going in their house. I know it's hard to change from normal routines (such as having family or other visitors in your house) but in their case they seem to have paid a heavy price.

I didn't know anyone personally who had covid until a week ago and now our next door neighbour has it and an elderly couple from our church are in hospital with it.Really hoping the vaccine is successful and rolled out quickly.Big thank you to Josy and Pete for taking part in the trials

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I'm the same.Glad its not just me and hopefully be sorted soon!

27 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Not your laptop, Avril. Icons vanished here too.

Do you think we like everyone too much?  Oh well never mind 😊

Annie, Like

Ann, Like.

Avril

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, kalos said:

There are too many people who couldn't care less about other people, this is why we are staying home other than for weekly shopping a d daily walks.

• Like 4

On 11/12/2020 at 4:18 PM, lincslady said:

Talking about PC words, am I the only person who does not know the current acceptable way  of describing people who appear not to be of European origin?  Can't think of another way to phrase this.  

Just when I think there is a word I am allowed to use out loud, I find it has become unPC.

I don't want anyone to put any actual words down, just wondering why it changes so often, and one can get caught out, as some well known figures have been recently.  Is there  regular publication somewhere of what is acceptable?

Returning briefly to your very interesting point, there's a piece on exactly that issue in the Spectator today headed "What words are off limits in the race debate?".

I disagree with most of the Spectator writers, usually, but you both make a very good point.  The acceptable words and phrases change all the time, some can be written, some can't, some can be written but not said............how you steer a course through all this I have no idea.  

45 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I got a new one today. My Netflix subscription has been blocked. That would worry me a bit, if I had a Netflix subscription.🤔

I haven't seen one about Netflix but I got one a while ago about my Amazon Prime account which I don't have needs to be renewed at £99 otherwise I would lose all of my prime benefits. 

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

There are too many people who couldn't care less about other people, this is why we are staying home other than for weekly shopping a d daily walks.

I’d like that to agree with you Josy.  We do the same and I even wear a mask for walking the dog now, when we’re never closer than 2 dog leads from anyone else

wrt the dinner lady

I would need to know if she would get her full pay if off ill with Covid or self-isolating because of contact.  I find it difficult not to be sympathetic to people who want to. Do the right thing but have financial pressures 

Is Statutory Sick Pay less than £100pw?  That doesn’t put much food on the table for a family 

2 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Same here Josey .We only go to a country park once a week , even our medical appointments 

apart from injections have all been via telephone . As for a shopping  we haven't used any for over

a year other than online and click & collect we used for a chippy meal twice .

Keep safe & take care :classic_smile:

On a brighter note, we were reminiscing last night because it will be our 40th anniversary on Sunday and we were looking at the photographs from the little proofs album. The weather's was dreadful (why did we choose November?).  On the bright side we have a unique set of photos because Father Prentice told the photographer to take as many photos inside as he wanted to even though he normally only allowed the register signing photos inside.  One of the attached photos has caused many questions over the years about what one if us had said to make Father Prentice to laugh during the service

IMG_20201113_085336.jpg

IMG_20201113_085447.jpg

Lovely photos.

7 hours ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Sorry to hear that hopefully it will only be a mild case, my daughter has her appointment at the Sunderland eye infirmary next week so will need to take extra care.

Thank you.Tell her to take Dettol viral wipes or gel 

Graham.

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

My niece has just called me her husband came home from work on Tuesday feeling ill, he had a covid test on Wednesday and had the result this morning telling him he is positive.  They now all have to isolate and she has got to speak to her consultant about what to do about her next chemo session which is 2 weeks today. Just when you think things can't get worse they do ☹️☹️

I'm so sorry to hear that news Josy.

I pray she doesn't catch it.

We were told isolate 14 days from when I started to feel unwell which was 1 week ago.

On a brighter note, we were reminiscing last night because it will be our 40th anniversary on Sunday and we were looking at the photographs from the little proofs album. The weather's was dreadful (why did we choose November?).  On the bright side we have a unique set of photos because Father Prentice told the photographer to take as many photos inside as he wanted to even though he normally only allowed the register signing photos inside.  One of the attached photos has caused many questions over the years about what one if us had said to make Father Prentice to laugh during the service

IMG_20201113_085336.jpg

IMG_20201113_085447.jpg

This is a reminder that our 40th wedding anniversary was in April but we weren’t able to celebrate as we would have liked. The Iona maiden cruise was booked partially as a late celebration. I guess the 41st anniversary may have greater celebration than usual next year.

Vaccine  trial appointment this afternoon was OK but took 3 hours. I mentioned Wednesday to them on one of the many occasions they apologised and they admitted it was a fraught day (I didn’t say how I had found out). Arm seems fine at the moment.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I haven't seen one about Netflix but I got one a while ago about my Amazon Prime account which I don't have needs to be renewed at £99 otherwise I would lose all of my prime benefits. 

I had the TV license fee Spam e-mail asking me to follow the link to make a payment, good job I had decided to stick with my free over 75 one.😉

39 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm so sorry to hear that news Josy.

I pray she doesn't catch it.

We were told isolate 14 days from when I started to feel unwell which was 1 week ago.

Sorry Graham, I missed your earlier post. 

Get well soon, Michelle sends her love. 

Andy & Michelle 

• Thanks 1