P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

4 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Now here’s a discussion point

If eligible, what do you reckon?

8AC418C3-CD7B-454B-AA19-FDB3EB4013DA.jpeg

Hang on, I'll see if I can find some statistics to upset people!

I qualify, and it was much better to be 20 in the 70s. I just wish I knew then what I know now!

28 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Have you been making sure the cider is good enough for your turkey?😋

Sadly not today, however on Christmas morning I feel it’s my duty to check the quality of the cider before adding it to the turkey ☺️

Today I blame it on the edit button moving and the quote button being pressed by mistake.

• Haha 2

On 12/8/2020 at 9:56 AM, Snow Hill said:

Received the news that one of our granddaughters has tested positive for Covid, she was already self isolating due to the bubble in her year at school having a case, was unwell on Sunday night, was tested 11.30 yesterday, result early hours this morning. 

Her brother has been self isolating multiple times since half term in October due to cases in his year. 

Perhaps it’s time to close schools again until after Christmas, especially if the children are in and out of school anyway. 

Granddaughter has recovered from the virus, is now back at school, albeit online as school is closed until January. Downside is that daughter-in-law has now got it went down with it over weekend, she feels awful but no cough or loss of sense of taste as she could taste the mince pies her husband made. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been to Tesco earlier and there were loads of sprouts, loose pick your own, bags of prepared ones, bags of not prepared ones and the sticks of sprouts.

So a quick trip to Staffordshire or Wozz country in Lincolnshire for sprouts then 😀

Im sure they will be there next week. At least we got  everything else ordered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AnnieC said:

Hardly a total rip off, wowzz. Tesco small frozen turkey £14, turkey crown roughly the same size £20, but with hardly any waste, cooks faster, easier to carve, takes up less oven space, and fits better in a normal roasting tin. As most of us only buy turkey once a year, this makes a difference in cost of 0.016p per day (a little less in leap years), or 11.5p per week.

And before anyone asks, I'm stuck in waiting for a delivery and have nothing better to do.😂

We started buying crowns about 5 years ago, partly due to fact no one seems to care for meat in the legs. Plus it’s easier to get in oven, along with tray of roasting parsnips (grown myself) and roast potatoes from local farm shop.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

I'm not having turkey this year - we held a vote and the gammon joint won. It is legless.🙂

Same here, Gammon joint blasted in Maple Syrup with twice baked savoury Potatoes and Peach halves filled with home made Cranberry Relish.

Ideas that we picked up in the State's years ago.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 3

We have the best of both worlds,gammon,smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast and turkey for xmas dinner.All this talk of sprouts,is that the real reason the scientists are telling us to open the windows.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Now here’s a discussion point

If eligible, what do you reckon?

8AC418C3-CD7B-454B-AA19-FDB3EB4013DA.jpeg

It’s funny, but on reading that I immediately thought of THE twenties - i.e. 1920s. I hadn’t really registered  that we’re living in the twenties now. I must have marked thousands of essays over the years with sentences such as ‘in the twenties ....’. 

Edited by Ardennais

28 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Granddaughter has recovered from the virus, is now back at school, albeit online as school is closed until January. Downside is that daughter-in-law has now got it went down with it over weekend, she feels awful but no cough or loss of sense of taste as she could taste the mince pies her husband made. 

Good news about your granddaughter, I hope your daughter-in-law gets getter quickly.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Same here, Gammon joint blasted in Maple Syrup with twice baked savoury Potatoes and Peach halves filled with home made Cranberry Relish.

Ideas that we picked up in the State's years ago.

Sounds delicious, do you have a recipe that you can post for the gammon ?

47 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Sadly not today, however on Christmas morning I feel it’s my duty to check the quality of the cider before adding it to the turkey ☺️

Today I blame it on the edit button moving and the quote button being pressed by mistake.

You can just back out of such an error by pressing the "go to topic listing" button, as long as you have not pressed submit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sounds delicious, do you have a recipe that you can post for the gammon ?

We just just baste it with the Maple syrup and cook it in foil, removing the foil for the 20 minutes on the baking time.

Bake the potatoes in the microwave, when soft cut in half, scoop out and mash up with cheese and sour cream, refill the potatoes halves and finish in a baking tray in the oven.

Fill the peach halves with Cranberry relish and put in the oven with the potatoes.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Our Wagu beef cost more than your turkey crown - sorry, that came across a little wrong ! I mean that price is not the reason we don't buy turkey.  

I thought it would be nice to have something different. I popped across to out little ' shop local. responsibly sourced, less food mile, support your village ' butchers. A nice piece of rib of beef. £42 a kg. Off to Sainsbury's we go.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

Pleased for your granddaughter but sad for your daughter in law.

It was several days before I lost my sense of taste and it is only about 70% now after five and a half weeks.

I hope she can recuperate at home and tell her to rest because covid19 takes a lot out of you.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Absolutely. I never argue with myself, but then I wouldn't because I'm always right🤣

Avril

I try not to talk to myself, I think talking to myself is alright just as long as no one replies...

.... Right? :classic_unsure:

Also I was told years ago  to "Always Say No To Drugs"
I'd say if I'm already talking to my drugs I'm a bit too late ! :classic_huh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1