P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

48 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

If that’s a question, the answer is - even if there had been subtitles in those days, they would have been unnecessary. I was fully bilingual at the age of 5 as are most children from Welsh speaking homes. 

We Iived in Anglesey in the 1970s my Son was born in Bangor, he was only at school there for about 2 years but was on tbe way to being bilingual.

I wish that we all made more of an effort to learn but it was not easy has an adult.

10 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Speak for yourself, the theatre is always full for an old time 60s or 70s turn, or even a good quality tribute act.

I absolutely agree.

As a records sales rep in the late 70s early 80s the music from that era was brilliant.

Graham 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

I'm not sure if I have already posted the following.. if I have then sincere apologies 🙃

OH has admitted he often doesn't listen properly... his excuse is that I chat and moan to my computer so he thinks I am talking to that and not him.

Anyway had a conversation for him to get some Christmas crackers.  I said just cheapo ones, less than a fiver, there's only us.  He came home proud.. they only cost £1.40.  I am now the proud owner of yet another packet of Jacobs Cream Crackers!!!🤣

This picture made me laugh... and yes please!!!!!!!

IMG-20201114-WA0000.jpg

Ditto - not bad!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Why are these people two faced saying one thing then having a big party themselves.

More importantly why aren't the people spying on them working for our police or security services, crime would be a heck of a lot lower if they applied the same fervour to finding criminals and terrorists.😉

• Like 3

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Hello all, nothing much happening here in sunny Kent.

Washing machine repair man should be here tomorrow, really hope he can repair it on the day. My laundry basket is getting rather full! I did dump a bag of washing on my mums doorstep the other day, bless her. She said I could give her more but I didn’t like to.

Have a good day all.

My washing machine was making ominous whining noise. Ah!, said a friend, the bearings are probably going. No, I said it's a Bosch and decided to run it until termination day. Anyway last week after doing the laundry I was extracting that plastic cap that holds the detergent from the drum, It kept escaping so I turned the drum by hand,  similar noise but sounded more like scraping. Investigation revealed a polished 1p coin trapped between the drum seal and the casing. The whining noise is no more 😁

Same friend phoned to ask advice on a replacement gas cooker because one of the hob burners does not work, so I checked out Which. He was horrified by the price. and is buying on ebay, bad idea IMO, especially with something that can explode your house. 😱

The big burner on my hob won't ignite with the push button but this weekend  I was cleaning the cooker, happy to see there is still a light in the oven, once I had cleaned the glass door which was suffering from decades of not being cleaned. 🤢 Then I fiddled about with the 'sparker' on the big burner, turned the gas on, pressed the button and 🔥, fixed it 😁

Currently life is and endless sequence of trivia and boredom

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

It's a beautiful day here in sunny Barnsley. A little good news for us all yesterday too, the first person in Barnsley to have the covid vaccine was an 83 year old man from Wombwell. Surprising really, because our area is usually the last to recieve anything. I honestly thought that it would be at least a month before it got to us.

Avril

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

We Iived in Anglesey in the 1970s my Son was born in Bangor, he was only at school there for about 2 years but was on tbe way to being bilingual.

I wish that we all made more of an effort to learn but it was not easy has an adult.

They're too lazy for subtitles in Italy.Every foreign programme is dubbed.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Bright sunny and blue skies here today.😊

Same here, I have been out to deliver my Christmas cards and had a chat with 2 of my sisters because they came to the door when I posted through their doors so a good day for me

• Like 4

Well looks like I’ll be having a chat with my parents down the path as I’ve had a call from washing machine people - they can’t come tomorrow 😩 I said I wasn’t happy as I’ve been without it for 6 days and it’s only 8 months old!

He just cheerfully said ‘they can come Wednesday’! 😡 So I’ll be round my parents with another bag of washing later! 

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

It's a beautiful day here in sunny Barnsley. A little good news for us all yesterday too, the first person in Barnsley to have the covid vaccine was an 83 year old man from Wombwell. Surprising really, because our area is usually the last to recieve anything. I honestly thought that it would be at least a month before it got to us.

Avril

My GP is in a group that’s getting the vaccine round my way, of course I’m not at the top of the list. Wish my parents were at my GP as they’re in their 80’s! 

48 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Well looks like I’ll be having a chat with my parents down the path as I’ve had a call from washing machine people - they can’t come tomorrow 😩 I said I wasn’t happy as I’ve been without it for 6 days and it’s only 8 months old!

He just cheerfully said ‘they can come Wednesday’! 😡 So I’ll be round my parents with another bag of washing later! 

Best of luck, if they need parts that will be another visit, took us over a month to get ours sorted earlier this year 

Lovely day here as well. Cold, crisp and sunny.

I have been busy cooking for Christmas, the longer life stuff is all done and yesterday I started making Pettit four and florentine’s.

18 beautifully formed florentines made and left to cool on the rack yesterday. 

By the end of the evening yesterday down to 9 (I had a couple)

Went out for a walk this morning (big mistake) came back - now down to 4

So this afternoon it’s ground hog day, back to making another batch of florentines!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Dull and grey here today, just going to take the dogs out for a walk then gym for me this afternoon. Because of my disability I go to a motorised gym, it only opened last week and it is empty!! I expected it to be busy busy - it probably will in January 

Michelle 

• Like 1