P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I’m in Dorset Sue

Dry and sunny here again, though significantly colder than yesterday.

I’m sorry it’s not so good for you.  It’ll probably even out over the year - though January is so miserable it’s a great relief to see the sun

Dorset is lovely 😊 

17 hours ago, wowzz said:

Terrierjohn will of course just say that you are spreading bad news with no facts to back you up! 

The crap rices we’re getting is all the proof I need thanks, we were getting more for the scallops when I was last at the job 30 years ago 🤷‍♂️

46 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Now my mum will tell you it was a thriving place before Tesco left it! I have very vague memories of Debenhams in Gillingham, that WAS a long time ago!

I used to work in Gillingham High Street when I first moved to Kent , from 1981 - 1989. I was in one of the Building Societies.  I remember an M&S and a BHS, but Debenhams was way before my time ! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I used to work in Gillingham High Street when I first moved to Kent , from 1981 - 1989. I was in one of the Building Societies.  I remember an M&S and a BHS, but Debenhams was way before my time ! 

Yes I think it must have closed in the 1970’s! My sister and I were taken to see Father Christmas there. From 1983-1990 I worked in the TSB there that was on the railway bridge! Small world!

4 hours ago, gadabout60 said:

Sue

Do you have the Deliveroo App? If so have a look at what they offer you under grocery. I have Aldi, Waitrose, Co-op and Morrison’s on mine as well as local BP garages. Ideal for a small shop and delivered within the hour 

I didn’t know that, might look into that, thanks 😊

10 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

That’s not long Graham

As I said previously, my friends surgery for a macular hole, which I believe is similar to your problem, went very smoothly and was a total success

Thanks Eddie that is reassuring to hear.

Yes an Epiretinal Membrane is pulling on my macular causing a macular hole and blurred vision in that eye which is only noticiable when I close the other eye and look with the affected eye.

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Eddie that is reassuring to hear.

Yes an Epiretinal Membrane is pulling on my macular causing a macular hole and blurred vision in that eye which is only noticiable when I close the other eye and look with the affected eye.

Hope your operation goes well

Michelle

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I think it must have closed in the 1970’s! My sister and I were taken to see Father Christmas there. From 1983-1990 I worked in the TSB there that was on the railway bridge! Small world!

I was up the other end, in the Halifax! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

All my Xmas presents came from there... 

I am fully kitted out with Hammers pyjamas, dressing gown, slippers, wallet, mug... The list goes on... 

Andy 

LOL,I was there just before xmas.The only store with West Ham pj,s in stock for the BIL.No good for me,they don't do a West Ham birthday suit.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Am I the only one here who doesn’t mind the winter months?! 

No!  I love the Winter months.  I absolutely hate the recent Summers we've had and would love to go back to my childhood days when we had 4 clear seasons.  Jane

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, brian1 said:

LOL,I was there just before xmas.The only store with West Ham pj,s in stock for the BIL.No good for me,they don't do a West Ham birthday suit.

Brian, you have spoilt my tea. I keep getting images of David Mellor in his Chelsea kit. 🤮

• Haha 2