P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I quite enjoy Aunt Bessies Yorkshire puds, well they are much better than my own attempts over recent years.

Memory serves me right you tried using it as a hair restorer (you got the batter everywhere )

Some people are good at making them whilst others are good at re-heating Aunt Bessies which means everyone's happy :classic_smile:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Thanks Sarah, to be honest it’s only a few bits we need before we’re allowed out. Trying to avoid crowded Christmas shops and any bexit problems we’d built up a bit of a stock of tinned items, shampoo etc! I even got dishwasher tablets from Amazon 😆

That’s good 😊

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I have been trying to keep out of this debate as it goes round in circles. 

Regardless of which way we voted, we have it now and have to get on with it, it will get better. 

I am glad you understood the consequences John, but unfortunately people close to me who voted leave are blaming the deal, not the decision to leave for the current issues and had little understanding of the inevitable trading changes when voting to 'look after our own' by reducing immigration and spend the Billions saved on our NHS. 

My views are not a leave/remain argument, just an observation of what I see. 

Andy 

Good points Andy.

If we had left in 2017 a year after the vote things would have been different and a lot better but now four and a half years later ???

• Like 3

Just been round the shops today. Like a ghost town really - very quiet. But why do some people insist on shopping in couples,  when they are both fit and well?  They stand side by side pontificating about what flavour of washing up liquid to use, oblivious to the fact that they are blocking up the entire aisle.

In fact the cashier in Aldi told the couple behind me that next week they would not be both allowed into the store at the same time - quite right too!

• Like 8

4 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

We saw that Harry, very interesting.

Hope John is okay Sue.

I have had to get my prescription and now on the way to the bank.

Lots of cars on the road.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Wouldn't that depend on who dug the hole in the first place? e.g. Man digging hole - manhole cover. Woman digging hole - woman errr, I think I'd better stop there😳

Avril

What happens if its a non specified gender hole digger? I googled it and got this;

52cc Petrol Earth Auger / Fence Post Hole Borer

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just been round the shops today. Like a ghost town really - very quiet. But why do some people insist on shopping in couples,  when they are both fit and well?  They stand side by side pontificating about what flavour of washing up liquid to use, oblivious to the fact that they are blocking up the entire aisle.

In fact the cashier in Aldi told the couple behind me that next week they would not be both allowed into the store at the same time - quite right too!

We haven't been shopping in over a year but one of our lads was saying exactly the same as you . He told us another pet hate is they maul half of the produce before putting one in their trolley .Why ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

A report yesterday that a positive COVID individual had been fined £1000 for visiting a shopping centre in Gillingham, must be Hempstead Valley because Gillingham High Street looks like one of those abandoned wild west towns, including the tumbleweed blowing down it.

Gillingham High Street has always been a bit like that! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

All this Brexit is really hitting home now .The Mrs informs me that our shop delivery has arrived and all is present and correct ,nothing missing !  Apart from my Sugar Free Polo Mints :classic_unsure:

I know they have plenty as the factory at York churns out 1.37 million packs per day .

Who can I blame ??? Bad management /workforce or software/paperwork .. All of them ?

You would think after making them for over 70 years they would have got the hang of transporting the mints 50 odd miles down the road wouldn't you . All I can put it down to is interference from over the channel .Well my message is " Bonjour-mon-chuckallo ,I have a mini stockpile of them .You may stop us eating your cheeses but you will not stop me eating our English mints !" :classic_smile:

I will buy British ,we have to get on with it ,I never heard my Granddad saying he was gagging for a baguette ..Where's your Mothers Pride ? :classic_smile: We will get there !

They have plenty of stock Kalos, they just need to take the sugar out for you... 

They are British made, but the hole is imported... 😊🕳️

Andy 

• Haha 1

No doubt those interested will already know about them , but I have recently discovered some cruise programmes on Quest, at noon some days, featuring different ships - today Royal Clipper - which to me are interesting and varied, with lots about the ships and the ports.  A few years old, but good that they do not seem to be advertising the lines, unlike the one on tonight on 5 about the super blingy Seven Seas Explorer, which I found almost nauseous in its determination to show how much had been spent on the ship build.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lincslady said:

No doubt those interested will already know about them , but I have recently discovered some cruise programmes on Quest, at noon some days, featuring different ships - today Royal Clipper - which to me are interesting and varied, with lots about the ships and the ports.  A few years old, but good that they do not seem to be advertising the lines, unlike the one on tonight on 5 about the super blingy Seven Seas Explorer, which I found almost nauseous in its determination to show how much had been spent on the ship build.

They transmitted the one about Marco Polo the day before she was run up the beach to be scrapped.  Will be keeping that one for a while out of posterity, sailed on her as a kid when she was Alexander Pushkin.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Sea Princess was on this week.

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Hope John is okay Sue.

I have had to get my prescription and now on the way to the bank.

Lots of cars on the road.

Stay safe everyone.

Graham.

I find when I am driving the car it's best to stay on the road.🤣

Positive thought for today

It’s beyond noon on 15th.  Therefore we’ve passed halfway through January.  Hooray!  On the downward slope to the end of the month now ... and then February is really short; goodness, winter is nearly over

Saw a lovely clump of snowdrops today.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

Gillingham High Street has always been a bit like that! 

Now my mum will tell you it was a thriving place before Tesco left it! I have very vague memories of Debenhams in Gillingham, that WAS a long time ago!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Positive thought for today

It’s beyond noon on 15th.  Therefore we’ve passed halfway through January.  Hooray!  On the downward slope to the end of the month now ... and then February is really short; goodness, winter is nearly over

Saw a lovely clump of snowdrops today.  

People always tell me they hate February when I say I hate January but I always answer that it’s so short it’s soon March!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

A report yesterday that a positive COVID individual had been fined £1000 for visiting a shopping centre in Gillingham, must be Hempstead Valley because Gillingham High Street looks like one of those abandoned wild west towns, including the tumbleweed blowing down it.

😡 I hope that’s not where my husband caught it then! Apart from work it’s the only place he’s been in the last 2 weeks!

• Like 1