P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/01/16/facebook-twitter-youtube-going-ban-donald-trump-next/

The first part of the article, "Who's going to ban Donald Trump next".😄

Ah....thanks Annie. I was looking for a Basildon reference!  

There was another article about the Trump brand and his golf courses somewhere today - again, the Telegraph I think. Damaged brands cost money!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't care if the dress code is baggy shorts, scruffy t-shirt, flip-flops and a knotted hankie on the head for the men and curlers, wrap-around pinny and wrinkled stockings and slippers for women. just get me on a cruise.    Pleeeease🙏

Avril

Avril, I’m shocked at the reintroduction of the dress code debates.  Can we include tipping and whether it’s best to book early or late please?  😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Ah....thanks Annie. I was looking for a Basildon reference!  

There was another article about the Trump brand and his golf courses somewhere today - again, the Telegraph I think. Damaged brands cost money!

Oops, sorry, my fault - I just found your last post on this thread and tagged onto that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Avril, I’m shocked at the reintroduction of the dress code debates.  Can we include tipping and whether it’s best to book early or late please?  😇

Tipping -- I don't think that matters now, but if you are  really pleased with the service you could perhaps pick up your clothes from around the cabin so the steward doesn't have to navigate an obstacle   course, and risk a broken nose each time he attempts to change your towels or turn down the bed.

In the dining room you could maybe restrict your helicopter arm movements when the waiter is trying to serve the soup. I'm sure it would be much appreciated.

With regard to early or late dining -- I think will depend on whether you want to be caught in the crush for the first show or would rather have a drink or two before the second show, fall asleep during it and snore so loudly you become part of the act.

This of course, is only my own tongue-in-cheek opinion Harry, I'm sure others will have their own😇😉

Avril

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I always find the debates on drinks packages amusing. The lengths some people go to determine if they are worthwhile, let alone the decision to upgrade to a premium package!

Me too, with some it is plain and simply; can I get enough down my neck to make it viable.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Or perhaps reintroducing smoking on balconies and allowing non-perfumed vaping in the buffet 😂

Fragrant or non scented, it's the clouds of vapour that would put me off.

TBH I dont think I would have changed to a vape to try and stop smoking, I did try one packet of ICI new smoking mixture, but gave it up after only a couple of cigarettes.

15 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Agree, as soon as I see the price, I know beyond a doubt that I could not make that worthwhile.

We were a party of eleven. Six guys and five girls aboard Allure of the Seas in October 2019 and boy did we get our monies worth!🤨🍻🍹🍷😂

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, kalos said:

We did that sailing a few years back .It was a short cruise and the staff & captain was lovely but that was about it . I didn't like it . No welcome aboard drink ,no sail away party , no party atmosphere at all.

No food offered , even the other passengers never dressed up and barely spoke. I told the Mrs we were overdressed, only me dressed for Black Tie night with my little union jack flag , try as I might nobody would join in with me singing 🎶 We Are Sailing 🎶. You just know when it's just not right for you , maybe some would like it but it's not for me . Never again , Birkenhead ferry crossing  is just not for me :classic_unsure:

Same here when I reached elite on the Woolwich ferry.Didn't even get priority boarding.

• Haha 3

On 1/6/2021 at 1:05 PM, Purdey16 said:

Love bratwurst and curry ketchup, lived in Germany for 16 years took me ages to find some curry ketchup to turn it into currywurst 

AF300A88-48B2-4CE1-802F-B92BDAAEE763.jpeg

Thank you so much for this post - missed out on a currywurst in Berlin (wonderful city) a few years back for various dull reasons, but this stuff is GOOD!  Nearest I can get to the real thing, and Amazon kindly obliged.

Had no idea it was available in the UK, so thanks again.  🙂

Still grey and grim here.......  bring back the snow.

Have to add - just reread my last post. It should say 'Have walked more today than the last 3 days' not 

'Have worked more today than the last 3 days'. Sounds like I am sitting at home doing not a lot --- could get the sack for that 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1