P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

We planned to join National Trust and English Heritage when OH retired.  We had such plans for longer and more cruises,  and just taking off for long weekends etc.  He had a business that was 7 days a week in summer and was regimented in it's timing all year.  He was so looking forward to it.  Then lockdown appeared and he couldn't do any of it.  I think that's why we are so looking forward to just bobbing around the English Channel for 7 days in September, hopefully.

Mind you we have now moved in to one bungalow whereas for 15 years we lived separately in two houses!!!!🤣😉Much to the amusement of my children I might add!!!

We have had so many laughs trying to get used to living with someone else after years of living alone.  So many things we didn't realise about each other, its been hilarious.  We thought there might be a murder.. but not yet!

Heightwise.. 5ft 7 1/2" inches here!

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 4

Not a brilliant day down here, think it will be one to those days to dodge the showers, if venturing out.

Temp wise 7 with a feel of 3, at least the wind has stopped. Nothing doing again so just feeling bored.

Off to see if there is anything interesting in the new itineries. 

Heightwise I'm 5ft 7in.

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:. 

We’d just bought National Trust life memberships instead of new carpets - £50 each, including a silver commemorative medal! - and spent all our spare time in all those NT properties the South is so rich in. Probably the best £50 we ever spent.

I’m envious of your good sense!  We’ve been members for around 40 years but never did it.  We do have lifetime membership of the WWT (Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust) however and get our money’s worth out of that.

(Once 5ft 9in but seems I have shrunk slightly 😞)

• Like 1

After snow showers last night (more of a snowstorm for 10 mins) it’s bright here in West Sussex. Very cold too.

Taken dog out but otherwise a lazy one after finding the right house to move to yesterday..... A few stressful months ahead I guess!

(5ft 7 inches here too.....)

• Like 5

Well Mr Presto2 is 60 today

We should have been going up to the Radisson at Manchester before flying out to Azura tomorrow.  Oh well ... it will have to wait.  The sun is shining and we are all still safe and well here in Stoke on Trent so swapping the Radisson for Biddulph Grange Gardens. Have the champagne on ice and he is now smiling a little having got over the shock of the cards ... 😄😀😊

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

We should have been going up to the Radisson at Manchester before flying out to Azura tomorrow.  Oh well ... it will have to wait.  The sun is shining and we are all still safe and well here in Stoke on Trent so swapping the Radisson for Biddulph Grange Gardens. Have the champagne on ice and he is now smiling a little having got over the shock of the cards ... 😄😀😊

Happy 60th to Mr Presto.......

Have a great day and enjoy the champagne 🥂  🍾 

Gill x

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

A happy birthday to Mr P.  What was shocking about the cards. The number of them, or the number on them?😉 Have a lovely day together.

Avril

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Happy 60th Mr Presto2

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Happy 60th birthday to Mr Presto.

Azura still up here at Newcastle.

Hope you have a nice day at Biddulph Grange gardens and champagne later.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I totally agree, at 5 ft and a half inch I can't afford lose the half inch.  My problem is having a 6 ft tall  husband.

This is spooky ------- I can beat that. Mine is 6ft 3 inches 😉 🙂 🙂 

Just realised I never posted this !!!

Still only 3°C here cold and cloudy.

Been to the bank and took McDonald's toasted muffins and cheese/ bacon flatbreads to the beach.

We had a very short walk as it was cold and windy.

Back home now watching Judge Judy on TV.

Graham.

• Like 2

Just now, grapau27 said:

Been to the bank and took McDonald's toasted muffins and cheese/ bacon flatbreads to the beach.

Graham.

You always make us jealous that you are so close to the sea. Us land locked people are just happy to see the local park lake or canal 😉

• Like 4

Yes happy 60th to Mr P ,smile as you now get your prescriptions for free:classic_love:

People say 60 is the new 40  but the cop who pulled me over didn't agree with that point of view.

Have a nice Birthday and don't let age get you down cos it's a real pain getting back up again .

The only advice I can give is beware of the noises ,that will start to appear when you get out 

of a chair ,don't worry if you cannot hear them yet ..you will eventually :classic_unsure:

It's called being 60 and over .Have a safe day :classic_biggrin:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Ah Graham i was just looking for you, for a subject off what you are talking about. does St. Paul's Church at Ryhope have many gravestones. i have just found out an Aunt is buried there way back in 1880.

On subject, if you go along to the other side of the beach (Noses Point) you can actually see the sea from the car park. There's a path to walk along, but it's very busy, with lots of people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Yes happy 60th to Mr P ,smile as you now get your prescriptions for free:classic_love:

People say 60 is the new 40  but the cop who pulled me over didn't agree with that point of view.

Have a nice Birthday and don't let age get you down cos it's a real pain getting back up again .

The only advice I can give is beware of the noises ,that will start to appear when you get out 

of a chair ,don't worry if you cannot hear them yet ..you will eventually :classic_unsure:

It's called being 60 and over .Have a safe day :classic_biggrin:

Already creaks with his knee so we're used to that then 🙂

No prescriptions for now so wondering if he can pretend to be me ??!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

A very happy birthday to her from us Avril.

Does this mean then that I am almost young enough to be your daughter ???

(PS You love me really)

Not quite, at least I don't think so. I don't know how old you are, but I was 18 when I had my son, and he will be 56 in July. I suppose it depends on how flighty you think I was🤣🤣, and yes, I still love you.

Avril

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

Not quite, at least I don't think so. I don't know how old you are, but I was 18 when I had my son, and he will be 56 in July. I suppose it depends on how flighty you think I was🤣🤣, and yes, I still love you.

Avril

I was 57 in October and am not expecting you to be too flighty so I guess not 😉 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Happy Birthday Mr P & Avril’s daughter.  A chilly day for you - huddle round the candles on the birthday cake! 🎂 

We are looking forward to our younger granddaughter’s birthday celebration next weekend.  Her birthday (7) was in March, so she missed out both 2020 and 2021.  So, they’re coming to the seaside for a weekend of making up for it.  Hope the weather plays nicely; I don’t think there will be any swimming in the sea. 🥶 

I’ve booked a cruise for 2023. 😮 Who knows?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

I was 57 in October and am not expecting you to be too flighty so I guess not 😉 🙂 🙂 🙂 

It would, in theory be possible, I would have been 16 and half but I was a good girl. I can be an honorary aunt instead😊

Avril

27 minutes ago, emam said:

Ah Graham i was just looking for you, for a subject off what you are talking about. does St. Paul's Church at Ryhope have many gravestones. i have just found out an Aunt is buried there way back in 1880.

On subject, if you go along to the other side of the beach (Noses Point) you can actually see the sea from the car park. There's a path to walk along, but it's very busy, with lots of people.

What is her name?

We will have a look for you.

There are still some headstones in the ground and lots of headstones still in the church grounds.

1617801363964796606793839858143.jpg