P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Is it the grey stripe one? That's the only one I found when searching online. Frank will be putting it together on his own though, if I try to help I always do it wrong. It's not worth risking the outbreak of WW3, so I keep him supplied with coffee😁

Avril

Yes that’s the one, it seems very sturdy. The seat is a little bit higher off the ground than our old one, I am a shortie so I noticed the difference. The canopy  is nice and snug, shouldn’t get blown away in windy weather unlike our old one.

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Can’t believe it’s snowing!! We have beautiful blue skies here, it is still cold and breezy though. I am sat in conservatory/orangery and it’s really warm in fact it’s so warm I fell asleep. Woken up now and coffee break calls
Michelle

I’ve now got this image of you relaxing somewhere similar to the Orangery at Margam in South Wales!

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

I’ve now got this image of you relaxing somewhere similar to the Orangery at Margam in South Wales!

If only!!! If I win the lottery!!! We are very lucky though it is the full width of the house. 
When we viewed the house it was absolutely full to the brim with furniture, when we moved in there was no floor or skirting boards in the conservatory just concrete, that was a bit of a shock!!

Michelle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Yes that’s the one, it seems very sturdy. The seat is a little bit higher off the ground than our old one, I am a shortie so I noticed the difference. The canopy  is nice and snug, shouldn’t get blown away in windy weather unlike our old one.

I might need a step stool then, I'm 5' 2''. Our grandson is bringing us a cover for it tomorrow as well, because once it's together I don't think Frank will take kindly to it dismantled in the winter.

Avril

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I might need a step stool then, I'm 5' 2''. Our grandson is bringing us a cover for it tomorrow as well, because once it's together I don't think Frank will take kindly to it dismantled in the winter.

Avril

The 4" heels may come in handy yet Avril

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I’m 5’2” as well 😊 you shouldn’t need a step ladder but I can’t imagine you’ll sink down into it either. We’ve bought a cover to go over ours in the winter and we will keep the cushion in the summer house when it’s not in use, although the cushion does look fairly weather proof.

The whole thing seems better quality than our last one, we’re happy with it.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I’m 5’2” as well 😊 you shouldn’t need a step ladder but I can’t imagine you’ll sink down into it either. We’ve bought a cover to go over ours in the winter and we will keep the cushion in the summer house when it’s not in use, although the cushion does look fairly weather proof.

The whole thing seems better quality than our last one, we’re happy with it.

Pauline is 5 feet 1and a half inches.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Presto2 said:

If this is a competition -  I am only 5ft nothing 🙂 Glad to be in such short company ---- the best things comwe in small packages ! 😉

I totally agree, at 5 ft and a half inch I can't afford lose the half inch.  My problem is having a 6 ft tall  husband.

• Like 4

Good Morning everyone the sun is out this morning but only -2.c with a -6 chill so another

cool day around here today. At least we are going in the right direction with the virus as the 

figures continue to fall, thanks to the efforts of our jabbers getting the vaccines in our arms.

The good news is the jabbers have a new kid on the block to play with as the Moderna vaccine

is to be used as from today .I think the Welsh are to be the first to use it ,as they were with the 

hairdressers .:classic_unsure: I see a pattern forming here , they seem to see how the Welsh cope before 

we get to have a go .Maybe when the ships start sailing again and you fancy a bit of priority

boarding we should sick close by our Welsh friends, they will show us how its done .:classic_wink:

The papers and news all seem fixated on our holidays we cannot go on as of yet with things 

like will we need a vaccine card ? Will we be allowed to go snorkeling without a mask when

wearing our snorkel mask ? Which countries are we allowed to go to, so many questions ?

Which got me thinking ,what about foreign would be tourists, tourists who are wanting to

holiday over here ? To be fair we must seem a pretty safe country to visit at the moment and

I'm sure they must be asking similar questions about their holidays . A bit like this Frenchman 

pictured below :classic_unsure:  .....

Have a nice day and stay safe everyone :classic_smile:

FB_IMG_1616860435631.jpg.cd80d65e3158818b07527e83efeb163e.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

14 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Will you be voting for Lingard as player of the season?

He's done pretty well so far.They've all gelled as a team.OGS must be kicking himself,lol.

• Like 1

Another Laugh out Loud cartoon Kalos. I don't know how you keep coming up with them but they are a brilliant starter to the day. No pressure but keep 'em coming! Totally agree with you about our Welsh friends - they're leading the way at the moment with their jabbing and cutting. Hope you and Mrs K are both well. You stay safe too and have a great day. Jane.x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone, blue skies and ice covered cars out side we had a bit of sleet that turned into snow for a short while last night then melted away well at least it looked nice and white for a wee while. 
Just had a look at the P&O website for the new ship and prices for the first cruise so thinking about that one but disappointed it’s not going to Fuerteventura.

Im off to take father in-law to hospital this morning for his pre op test , due to have a big operation later this month 

Have a good sunny day everyone.

• Like 4

Morning all, lovely and sunny here today but cold. Off to Chartwell in about an hour, very excited to be going out!

I messaged my hairdresser and she phoned me and I’m getting my haircut on the 13th 😊Another short arse here, 5 ft 1 and a half! The half is very important!

Have a good day all, when I get home I’ll have another look at the new cruises (as posted on the other thread they’re all on the website now)

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I really fancy a rhubarb crumble now, hot crumble with ice cream!

We have just booked theatre tickets for The Globe Theatre in July. Tickets were only available in various bubble sizes with plenty of gaps in between, drinks have to be pre-ordered and there’s no cushions available for hire but just the thought of being able to go to a theatre is very exciting 😊

That sounds great! Outdoor theatre is a great idea, now you only have to worry about the weather 😆

5 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, lovely and sunny here today but cold. Off to Chartwell in about an hour, very excited to be going out!

I messaged my hairdresser and she phoned me and I’m getting my haircut on the 13th 😊Another short arse here, 5 ft 1 and a half! The half is very important!

Have a good day all, when I get home I’ll have another look at the new cruises (as posted on the other thread they’re all on the website now)

Have a good time,we went there a couple of years ago.All the grass and wooded areas are pretty firm right now,unlike a sea of mud a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Have a good time,we went there a couple of years ago.All the grass and wooded areas are pretty firm right now,unlike a sea of mud a few weeks ago.

Thats good to know. We didn’t get to go last year as it is so popular I couldn’t get any dates I wanted. I wasn’t a member last year so didn’t want to pay in advance, being a member again this year if it’s pouring down I just wouldn’t go .

2 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Thats good to know. We didn’t get to go last year as it is so popular I couldn’t get any dates I wanted. I wasn’t a member last year so didn’t want to pay in advance, being a member again this year if it’s pouring down I just wouldn’t go .

We were in Knoll Park Friday,that's how I know.We went round the house at Chartwell pretty quick as it is not enormous.The kids loved the wooded trails everywhere though.Cheers,Brian.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Amazing how popular Chartwell is these days. We used to live in Hayes, near Bromley back in the 70s, and it was an easy Sunday afternoon treat. Never particularly crowded either, even at weekends. 

We’d just bought National Trust life memberships instead of new carpets - £50 each, including a silver commemorative medal! - and spent all our spare time in all those NT properties the South is so rich in. Probably the best £50 we ever spent.

• Like 1

Another cold but sunny day here, 2c with a feel of - 2c, so warmer than yesterday😉Not much on the cards today, so much the same as usual. Frank's assembling the swing seat later, so I'll keep out of the way, it's safer😁 I'm feeling a bit flat this morning. I was so much looking forward to planning our cruise for 2022, but the new cruises are very disappointing for us. Ho hum, never mind, it's not the end of the world.

Have a good day whatever you're up to and take care.

Avril

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Another cold but sunny day here, 2c with a feel of - 2c, so warmer than yesterday😉Not much on the cards today, so much the same as usual. Frank's assembling the swing seat later, so I'll keep out of the way, it's safer😁 I'm feeling a bit flat this morning. I was so much looking forward to planning our cruise for 2022, but the new cruises are very disappointing for us. Ho hum, never mind, it's not the end of the world.

Have a good day whatever you're up to and take care.

Avril

Hope you feel a bit better Avril soon and have a good swing on that swing chair with a cup of tea or hot chocolate in this weather, we have just registered interest on a Caribbean one January 6th with our travel agent so won’t know until 21st if we get our cabin choice , hope you still got some of that crumble left for tea today to cheer you up 🤗

sandra 

• Like 1