P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Oh poor baby ------------------ I hope ours aren't picking up tips ....

We had a black Persian cat when I was a kid and it liked the beer my brother put in a saucer once.

He was a little unsteady but slept it off.

• Like 4

Good Morning everyone, hope this Friday morning finds you all well. The weeks just seem to be flying by even though there has been nothing to do and nowhere to go. I am looking forward to the warmer days(hopefully) and longer daylight hours. We have booked a meal out on 21 May actually eating inside, this will be the first time since last August. 
Covid rates the last week really fallen here, currently 14.6 for our area which is great, let’s hope it stays that way. 

Have a lovely weekend everyone 

Michelle

• Like 3

15 hours ago, zap99 said:

Modern cement is called Portland in recognition of it similarity to Portland Stone. Hydraulic cements having been in use since Greek times, but modern Portland Cement was patented in 1824 by Joseph Aspdin...............argue with that Harry.🤣

The colloseum is made of concrete in places.Clever sods those Romans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Morning everyone.

A dull and overcast day here temp is set to double today from the present 5c. Off in a short while to collect my shopping from Tesco's and then expecting a phone call later. What an exciting day, I've got. Don't know how I'll cope!😅

Hope you all enjoy your day.

• Like 2

Morning everyone, just a grey dull 6.c here at the moment but should pick up later .

We never got our walk yesterday as Mrs K decided we could potter about in the 

garden doing odd jobs .I didn't realise how tiring pottering about could be ,that was

me done for the day. My PC kept reminding me "Only 2 days left" to renew my PC'S 

security suite. Dosen't time fly as this morning I put the PC on only to find the 2 days 

had elapsed overnight ! :classic_wacko: I should have had one day left but never mind ,I put the

renewal key code in that I bought a while ago and all is well I now have 366 days 

so I have not lost a day, I got it back on renewal. What complicated lives we lead :classic_unsure:

Hope you are all having a good day ,I may try that walk later as it seems to be

brightening up . Take care and stay safe :classic_smile:

• Like 6

14 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

What a lovely community there is on here. Many thanks for all your birthday wishes, it means a lot. Met up with some family, socially distanced, in the garden, with heating. With a few drams, the cold seems irrelevant  !! Very nice Chinese, first for months so made a change. Settling down with another dram, watching The Masters. 

A dram watching the Masters in a heated garden sounds ideal especially as at the moment, everything ‘Justin’ the garden over the pond is ‘Rosey’.

• Haha 2

Just now, pete14 said:

A dram watching the Masters in a heated garden sounds ideal especially as at the moment, everything ‘Justin’ the garden over the pond is ‘Rosey’.

I abandoned the heated garden for my heated den,  where I can escape to watch my choice of programs !

Rosey is doing well, hope he can keep it up.

Morning everyone and thanks again for your birthday wishes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

The colloseum is made of concrete in places.Clever sods those Romans.

Romans started burning clinker at higher temperatures than the Greeks to provide greater calcinification and greater strength. Old lags refer to modern cements as Roman Cement. Cement is still today designated as CEM I, CEM Ii, CEMIII, CEMIV. Roman numerals. And as said on here a few months ago. ' what have the Romans ever done for us ? . Same time next week we will talk about The Pantheon and aggregates.🤣

Edited by zap99

22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

8°C here.

We have just had a short walk along the promenade and just got back to the car in time as it is now raining

1617963962211237394803628344356.jpg

IMG_20210409_110129.jpg

It must be heading my way, it's getting dark now.  Just to let you know that I went along to St. Paul's yesterday to look for my aunt's grave. No chance of finding that, there's only 10 headstones in the whole Churchyard. so no need for yo to go looking, but thank you for the offer.

Moved further along the road to Ryhope Cemetery and spent a couple of hours taking some photos of the war graves. There is a lot more than I had expected, but I have now added most of them to Find a Grave. There is one recent one for a young Marine killed in 2008 age 20, so sad. 

• Thanks 1

Good morning. Quite pleasant here this morning after last night's heavy rain. 8c, the clouds are breaking and the sun is trying to show his face again. There's a better feel to the day now the cold winds have gone. Frank and I did a little more in the garden yesterday too, but the cold winds drove me indoors after an hour. He tells me he's the 'real' gardener,  and I'll admit he does the donkey work, but I plant the vegetables, look after the greenhouse and the fruit bushes and canes. Team work, right? its not my fault he's stronger and taller than I am😊.

I've been thinking about Andy  again today, and hope he and Michelle are still alright.

Have a good day whatever you're up to and take care. You too Andy if you're looking in.x

Avril

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Desperately sad news.

Prince Philip has sadly died this morning.

I've just seen it now Graham, It's so sad. I saw the photos when he left hospital this last time and you could see how really ill he was. 

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Desperately sad news.

Sad news lets hope the press leave the family alone, makes you wonder what will be going

through Harrys head being so far away from his grandparents as he was said to be close to them .

• Like 4

1 minute ago, kalos said:

Sad news lets hope the press leave the family alone, makes you wonder what will be going

through Harrys head being so far away from his grandparents as he was said to be close to them .

He showed what he thought in Oprah's interview.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, emam said:

It must be heading my way, it's getting dark now.  Just to let you know that I went along to St. Paul's yesterday to look for my aunt's grave. No chance of finding that, there's only 10 headstones in the whole Churchyard. so no need for yo to go looking, but thank you for the offer.

Moved further along the road to Ryhope Cemetery and spent a couple of hours taking some photos of the war graves. There is a lot more than I had expected, but I have now added most of them to Find a Grave. There is one recent one for a young Marine killed in 2008 age 20, so sad. 

Paulines grandparents and her baby brother are buried in the Ryhope cemetery and we tend their graves and put flowers on the graves every couple of weeks.

• Like 1

I was just enjoying an interview on This Morning with the chap who plays Tyrone in Corrie and he was cut short as they went to the newsroom. For one awful moment I thought they were going to say something awful had happened to the Queen. 
RIP Philip, the Queen will really miss him.

Ive got to go upstairs and log on to my work computer now.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Desperately sad news.

Deepest sympathy for our beloved Queen.

Such sad news for everyone, he was a real character,  he had been a hard working member of the Royal Family and will be missed greatly 

Michelle

• Like 6