P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Stunnng, wish I’d gone now rather than wait til July!

Certainly is stunning. 4 weeks for us. Then another 4 weeks wait till Dorset and then 6 weeks and off on Brittania. Another month and Menorca. All looking good, just need the sunshine.😂. Only bad news was the Michael Kors shop was open at Portsmouth today. DW spent her FCC.🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

How did your interview go? Fingers crossed for you.

Thank you.

Seemed impressed with CV but he said have other people to interview and will probably ring on Sunday.  🤞  Going to try not to think about it.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Careful,I saw the big bad wolf in those bushes.

No that was the evil pigeon that keeps chasing other birds out of our garden so that he can steal the grass seed that DH has put down on some poor patches on the lawn 🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Thank you.

Seemed impressed with CV but he said have other people to interview and will probably ring on Sunday.  🤞  Going to try not to think about it.

Everything crossed for you. X

Lovely sunny day in Southport.It has been lovely to see my Mum whilst being able to see the sea during the same visit.Photos of Anthony Gormleys 'Another Place' on Crosby beach and a glimpse of a red squirrel whilst we were  walking through pine woods from my sisters house to my Mums flat.Miss cruising abroad but there are some great areas of beauty in the UK too

P1030144.JPG

P1030167.JPG

P1030174.JPG

• Like 13

3 hours ago, ann141 said:

Lovely sunny day in Southport.It has been lovely to see my Mum whilst being able to see the sea during the same visit.Photos of Anthony Gormleys 'Another Place' on Crosby beach and a glimpse of a red squirrel whilst we were  walking through pine woods from my sisters house to my Mums flat.Miss cruising abroad but there are some great areas of beauty in the UK too

P1030144.JPG

P1030167.JPG

P1030174.JPG

Nice photos.

This is another of Antony Gormleys sculptures.

You can actually see it from the A1M but you can actually stand next to the sculpture.

Screenshot_20210422_230333.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, ann141 said:

P1030144.JPG

P1030167.JPG

P1030174.JPG

Is that your old man paddling in the background?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

No that was the evil pigeon that keeps chasing other birds out of our garden so that he can steal the grass seed that DH has put down on some poor patches on the lawn 🤣

My OH buys loads of different birdfood in Poundland for the Woodies and all the other birds.Squirrels don't mind it either,lol.

Good morning nice and sunny here again and expecting 17.c today for us. Yesterday was 

a good day too and with the weather being nice I used my local barber who is Mrs Kalos.

She asked me what number to set the shaver to but I told her take it down to the bone .

Later in the day we got the garden chairs out and had a half hour sat in the sunshine and

much later that day my head felt like that geezer in Home Alone who had his head blow-

torched. So memo to myself cream on or my hat today .  Pleased to see everyone seems

to be getting out and about even if it's just sat in their garden or nipping off down the road 
for a quick coffee .  The last time I was in McDonalds I complained that my cup of tea was

stone cold, the lad behind the counter smiled at me and said "Thanks for being honest as

iced tea is 20p extra but I will let you off this time:classic_unsure: ." I wonder how other parts of Europe 

are getting on ? I'm surprised the tower of Pisa hasn't fallen over during the pandemic !

Without all those tourists helping hold it up.:classic_wink: We should be counting our blessings as 

things around our area's seem to be getting better all the time now. In the news I see the

local world snooker championship at the crucible Sheffield went off without a single case

of covid reported within the audience ! This is fantastic news as they may soon open other

venues near us . I'm hoping that they open the cinema's again , rumour has it that the first

film to be shown will be THE MASK :classic_wacko:. Should be nice, anyway you all have a nice day and 

keep safe everyone .:classic_love:

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Morning everyone.

It is a warm and sunny morning here with 17°C forecast for this afternoon.

I need to bank some customers money so a good excuse to get a coffee and hot chocolate from McDonald's drive thru and take a picnic to the nearby beach.

I hope everyone has a lovely safe day.

Graham

• Like 8

Lovely day here too, not a cloud in the sky. Meeting a friend for coffee at 10.30 it will be the first time we have met up since before Christmas so looking forward to a chat. Dog going to groomers at 13.00 then home to sit out in the sun for an hour, maybe a sneaky

g & t seen as it’s Friday.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning All.

Kalos, thank you for your daily thoughts for the day. Definitely watch that head of yours in the sun today. I did laugh with the memory of that guy in Home Alone. 

It's a very lovely day here in N.London. The sun is shining, it's Friday, what more could we ask for - well a lot probably but let's make the most of what we have and celebrate the fact that we can see family again, go to the pub, go to the shops, and just be as normal as we've been able to for so long.

Have a great weekend everyone. Be well and safe. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 10

Morning everyone, and Andy and Michelle.

Another lovely sunny morning with clear blue skies in my small corner of Yorkshire, 11c at the moment and a promise 17c.

We shared a bottle of red wine last night that was suggested we try, Australian Yellowtail Jammy Roo, as it is lighter and sweeter than the usual reds. We've come to the conclusion that our palete does not like red wine, and my head's not too impressed with it either this morning.

Another lazy day pottering in the garden for us, or maybe just relaxing and making the most of the warm sunshine while it's here, we shall see.

Have a good day everyone whatever you're up to and take care.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 5

Sorry the wine didn’t work for you Avril

Sounds like you’re a white wine person!

We’re just off to see what the fish van has to offer.  Hopefully halibut, which we’ll enjoy with a white Rioja.  No asparagus though - it feels like it should be asparagus time but not a stick to be found when I popped out earlier.  Maybe it’s fallen foul of the developing drought?  It’s very dry

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning All.

Kalos, thank you for your daily thoughts for the day. Definitely watch that head of yours in the sun today. I did laugh with the memory of that guy in Home Alone. 

It's a very lovely day here in N.London. The sun is shining, it's Friday, what more could we ask for - well a lot probably but let's make the most of what we have and celebrate the fact that we can see family again, go to the pub, go to the shops, and just be as normal as we've been able to for so long.

Have a great weekend everyone. Be well and safe. Best wishes. Jane.x

Morning Jane,

With you on all that!

Wonder if you’re able to help with a little query if you have time?  My wife had a second Pfizer appointment lined up for 8 May (GP hub) but it was cancelled this morning by text with a note that there’ll be another text fairly soon with a booking link.

They have been running a couple of weeks ahead of the 12 week schedule round here, but this is worrying her a bit. My guess is they’re just cancelling all the existing appointments to pool them for the booking link, and that she might actually get done sooner, rather than later, than the original date.

Or is there perhaps a Pfizer supply issue?

Harry

8 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Sorry the wine didn’t work for you Avril

Sounds like you’re a white wine person!

We’re just off to see what the fish van has to offer.  Hopefully halibut, which we’ll enjoy with a white Rioja.  No asparagus though - it feels like it should be asparagus time but not a stick to be found when I popped out earlier.  Maybe it’s fallen foul of the developing drought?  It’s very dry

It was worth a try Eddie, but it didn't go to waste, we drank it as a spritzer and it was ok like that. Sorry to upset the red wine connoisseurs out there🍷😉.

Avril

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh dear. I check our local cases on a morning and here in Barnsley they are on the rise again 110.1 per 100k, up from 94.1 per 100k.  2nd jabs due in 8 days 3hrs. Can't wait.

Avril

Rising here too, Avril. Probably no surprise, given the relaxations, but it does hack me off to see papers like the Telegraph constantly pushing to scrap all the restrictions early on such limited evidence.

The serious problems in India are being put down to complacency too soon after the last wave, and if we don’t take this seriously we’ll be in the same position. Vaccines are great, but they’re not yet a total solution.

• Like 3