P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

We have never watched it, but I hope H is the Chief Constable bloke, or that snake in the grass superintendent lady. Nasty smug person, but as I say we have never watched it.🤣

Very smug and very much in the frame Zap. Are you sure you've never watched it? Jane.x

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

We have never watched it, but I hope H is the Chief Constable bloke, or that snake in the grass superintendent lady. Nasty smug person, but as I say we have never watched it.🤣

If its not that smug chief superintendent lady, then Ted's out of a job, and without him the series ends.😢

• Like 1

21 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

It is lovely. There is an outdoor area and the conservatory and an indoor bit. We normally go in the conservatory as it’s the best of both worlds. Last year we sat there and the door was wide open so lots of fresh air coming in. Here’s a photo of the view, imagine it when the sky is blue!

1637366B-FC74-4FE7-AC0A-D99D46EBA6D4.jpeg

That does look very nice, I’ll remember that for this summer, thank you 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

If its not that smug chief superintendent lady, then Ted's out of a job, and without him the series ends.😢

And that would be awful! LOD without Ted " Mother of God "Hastings just doesn’t work for me. Jane.x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning , I hope everyone is well and enjoying whatever they are doing today

even if it's just watching the TV.  Line Of Duty .. I am same the as others who see it

on Google box .Jenny sits with her book of clues whilst sisters Ellie and what's her 

name squeal " Oh my God " whilst stuffing their faces with as much cake as possible,

talking about weight loss but by some miracle manage to keep up with the plot in the

Line Of Duty:classic_unsure: I was really impressed in the scene where the police car was doing 

about 120mph and the terrace end streets were just a blur but not to that dodgy 

looking detective woman ... Looking down the streets as they flash by she calmly

says .." Stop the car !  There is a robbery taking place at no 24 cross street by  three 

people, two have a gun and the other has toothache :classic_wacko: and a nice pink jumper ! "

What the hell  ?  I bet even our Bobs The Boy poster was forever doing things like that :classic_wink:

It puts them two policemen in The last of the summer wine to shame but if I had a choice 

give me the moors and a flask of tea any day .If it were real that would be the life for me :classic_love:

Our British TV is better than that of some other countries though . Did you know that we are 

the only country in the world where you could be sent to prison for watching TV without a 

licence .They would lock you up and you could then watch TV ,for free ,without a licence :classic_ohmy:

I like watching the farming TV programs which seem to be popular. Cannon Hall just up

the road from us and the Yorkshire family who seem to have more kids than sheep !

Even Kate Humble is getting in on the act , she makes a nice bit of cake for you in between 

lambing her flock . Those  programs are full of newborn sheep at the moment and at least

I know what to do should I come across  a sheep giving birth that needed my assistance :classic_unsure:

Should the newborn not be breathing ,then gently tickle it's nose with a piece  of grass or 

was it the other end ?  I'd just send Mrs Kalos to bake a cake, just to make sure .

Talking of Mrs Kalos and our TV  she used to have a bad habit of at least once a month 

clutching the TV'S remote and start arguing with me . I'm not one for those period drama's 

really but whatever your watching I hope you all keep safe and stay well :classic_love::classic_smile:

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

Good morning.  Sunny start but not a good forecast for later.

Line of Duty, where do I start !  I have to hold my hands up, I watch it. Like most police series it is so far removed from reality that I drive my wife crazy by keep saying, "that wouldn't happen".  As for spotting a robbery/burglary whilst driving past a junction at 50 mph, easy peesy !!!  It is compulsory and the line with the wee donkey is a cracker !!

Stay safe and H is ...........  !!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Beckett said:

And that would be awful! LOD without Ted " Mother of God "Hastings just doesn’t work for me. Jane.x

I’m a bit worried about Ted, he looked very stressed last week. I hope he doesn’t have a heart attack or something 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have never watched it Jane.

It sounds like we have missed a good series.

Graham x.

It is a brilliant bit of TV but for anybody who hasn’t seen it, you will need to start from episode one of series one to understand the recurring themes. Don’t let that put you off. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's a sunny but only 5°C here.

I'm sitting eating my breakfast porridge and coffee in bed.

I put the tray down while reading Kalos post in case his jokes caused my breakfast to end up on the Duvet.

Soon we will get ready for church then after church boost McDonald's profits and take our wraps,coffee and hot chocolate to the beach car park to eat and gaze lovingly at the sea.

I hope you and Frank have no side effects from your second vaccines yesterday Avril.

I hope everyone has a nice day and H turns out to be who you want him/ her to be tonight Jane and Michelle.

Graham.

• Like 6

Good morning everyone. 🌞

Well after a good night's sleep, the first unbroken, restful night in two weeks, I awoke this morning refreshed and in a much more positive frame of mind. No reactions at all to the jab, not even a sore arm, and I feel as if life for us is now on the up.  Eddie, I think it was, posted that having the 2nd jab felt more freeing than the 1st, and I'm sure that's right. Last year I put my shopping bag away because it annoyed me everytime I saw it, daft I know, but when we got home yesterday I put it back in it's rightful place, hanging on the pantry door ready to go in two weeks time.😄

Andy and Michelle, I hope you and your family are all well, and that you are still logging in and reading the posts. You are truly missed by us all🤗

Make the most of this lovely day everyone, and whatever you're up to take care and stay safe.

Avril

• Like 12

Just been catching up and so much has happened to so many people. Just to send my best wishes to those who have posted of sad or difficult events. 

In a further attempt to get back to some sort of normality, just look at tomorrow’s weather forecast. Wall to wall rain for many of us. I have heard it said that a rainy bank holiday isn’t the norm but we know different! 😏

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone. 🌞

Well after a good night's sleep, the first unbroken, restful night in two weeks, I awoke this morning refreshed and in a much more positive frame of mind. No reactions at all to the jab, not even a sore arm, and I feel as if life for us is now on the up.  Eddie, I think it was, posted that having the 2nd jab felt more freeing than the 1st, and I'm sure that's right. Last year I put my shopping bag away because it annoyed me everytime I saw it, daft I know, but when we got home yesterday I put it back in it's rightful place, hanging on the pantry door ready to go in two weeks time.😄

Andy and Michelle, I hope you and your family are all well, and that you are still logging in and reading the posts. You are truly missed by us all🤗

Make the most of this lovely day everyone, and whatever you're up to take care and stay safe.

Avril

That's great news you have had no vaccine jab reactions Avril and your positivity and happy mindset is back.

Hopefully Andy or even Michelle might pop in and say a hello and tell us they are well which I certainly hope they are both well.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Hope it's not Ted, or Kate, whoever they may be🤔

• Like 1

So far we have also had no bad reactions to our jabs from yesterday.

It's a beautiful morning, sunny with light winds but tomorrow is set to be very different

Just been out spreading grass seed on some bare patches of the lawns in anticipation of the forecast rain.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, pete14 said:

It is a brilliant bit of TV but for anybody who hasn’t seen it, you will need to start from episode one of series one to understand the recurring themes. Don’t let that put you off. 

Just before the new series aired we did just that and watched the first 4 series again, series 5 was still fresh to us so we didn't bother with that. I assume they are are all still available on the BBC iplayer.

I haven't watched that one,  but did watch Viewpoint which was very good until they pulled the last episode because of the stuff about the lead actor.  Luckily we could watch on ITV Hub, but very annoying for those that could not.  Seems odd to pull something when the guy hasn't had a chance to defend himself.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Just before the new series aired we did just that and watched the first 4 series again, series 5 was still fresh to us so we didn't bother with that. I assume they are are all still available on the BBC iplayer.

They are John. Saddo me watched the whole lot again before this series aired. I really must get a life. J.x

• Like 1

At the moment, I only watch the news and some election related programmes on S4C and just one series - The Sewing Bee. Not really into TV these days. Oh, and I’m recording Call the Midwife to watch after it all ends.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Beckett said:

They are John. Saddo me watched the whole lot again before this series aired. I really must get a life. J.x

We did the same. It's helped us understand a lot of the references in the current series. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I haven't watched that one,  but did watch Viewpoint which was very good until they pulled the last episode because of the stuff about the lead actor.  Luckily we could watch on ITV Hub, but very annoying for those that could not.  Seems odd to pull something when the guy hasn't had a chance to defend himself.

I wish they had pulled the series after the first episode! Talk about slow, unbelievable and banal!