Zaandam and Rotterdam Situation (merged topics starting March 22, 2020)

bouhunter

Watching  -  intermittently  -- the sail in.  PTZ webcam topped out, at my count at 43,958.  Guess that explains the "internittent."  Anyway, so happy for this leg of the journey to be ending for all involved.  Nothing like Cruise Critic to witness this, although the sadness and outrage has made this more of an ordeal.  God bless all for a safe and relaxing continuation home, and prayers especially for those who still have a wait, either on the ship or in a hospital.

Edited by beach spring
wording
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

The crew is NOT coming off per the Mayor of FL on Miami Channel 7.

Exactly.  There was never a mention that the crew was getting off (except perhaps if they were so sick they needed to be in the hospital).  This reporter should have known that.  It's not like this hasn't been a huge story for the last few days.  Do your homework reporters!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

The mayor of Miami, who by the way had coronavirus, doesn't have a say in this. However, recently the crews have not been coming ashore in Fort Lauderdale.

• Like 1

I think this is the first time that I've watched a ship sail into a port and actually dock, impressed how carefully the captain can dock the ship when I can't even parallel park my car lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tampa Girl said:

I am not getting any sound or conversation from the free PTZ FLL webcam.   Is the audio only included in the Premium?

I am now watching free, and have audio.

8 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

Consider where much of the crew lives.  It is very difficult to get flight to the Philippines and Indonesia.  And just today, the President of the Philippines suggested that anyone who violates his lockdown..."shoot them dead"  and that is a quote.  I think some of the Filipino crew might prefer to stay aboard.  I cannot help but think of the old saying, "It's a world gone mad!"

Hank 

• Like 2