How are things where YOU are? (in relation to the Corona Virus)

Well, NSW/Qld border has just reopened at Tweed Heads/Coolangatta, 20 km long queues on the Pacific Motorway north bound.  They will need a Yatala pie and a International Roast coffee.  I suppose the other crossing points will be congested too.  I might delay my trip north to see the relos, a couple of weeks, no hurry. 779408825_th(2).jpg.dc0a385c7b53cc6d98046d1218bee286.jpg

Edited by NSWP

We can thank the Italian immigrants for our quality coffee.  My grandmother used to always make a pot of tea, but had a small bottle of liquid coffee in the cupboard for the rare visitor who didn't drink tea.  

You can buy good coffee in London and Manhattan now, if you search them out.  I found one near West End, which would only take credit cards.

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Well, NSW/Qld border has just reopened at Tweed Heads/Coolangatta, 20 km long queues on the Pacific Motorway north bound.  They will need a Yatala pie and a International Roast coffee.  I suppose the other crossing points will be congested too.  I might delay my trip north to see the relos, a couple of weeks, no hurry. 779408825_th(2).jpg.dc0a385c7b53cc6d98046d1218bee286.jpg

Definitely get a Yatala pie. They are the best - about as good as my home-made ones.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Might be good idea to drive up via the inland route and return via the coastal route.  Coolangatta/Tweed is always busy in peak hour, without the extra visitors who can now visit Queensland from today.  

6 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Might be good idea to drive up via the inland route and return via the coastal route.  Coolangatta/Tweed is always busy in peak hour, without the extra visitors who can now visit Queensland from today.  

In our many, many trips to the Goldie to see my late Mum and now my brother and sister, we always went up the Pacific and back the New England or in reverse order.  Thanks for the advice young Marion...  Where are you on the Goldie? 

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

In our many, many trips to the Goldie to see my late Mum and now my bother and sister, we always went up the Pacific and back the New England.  Thanks for the advice young Marion...  Where are you on the Goldie? 

I am in the North safe from all the visitors who are now flocking to Sunny Queensland.  Sun is out today!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

We can thank the Italian immigrants for our quality coffee.  My grandmother used to always make a pot of tea, but had a small bottle of liquid coffee in the cupboard for the rare visitor who didn't drink tea.  

You can buy good coffee in London and Manhattan now, if you search them out.  I found one near West End, which would only take credit cards.

I remember the bottles of 'Camp Coffee' it was a chicory essence, coffee shortages in some parts of the world, well after WW2.

I like Lavazza coffee, well any decent coffee really, but no International Roast please !!  I do a lot of Tripadvisor reviews and if I find International Roast in the motel/hotel room, they get a blast from me.  Plenty of alternatives, even Nescafe Blend 43 is ok.  For a motel owner to put International Roast in his/her rooms is at the extreme end of scroogeville.

Edited by NSWP

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I am in the North safe from all the visitors who are now flocking to Sunny Queensland.  Sun is out today!

I am not a fan of Surfers/Southport.  Broadbeach is about as far as I venture now, mainly for the cuisine, but I am a big fan of Coolangatta/Tweed.

Edited by NSWP

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

I am not a fan of Surfers/Southport.  Broadbeach is about as far as I venture now, mainly for the cuisine, but I am a big fan of Coolangatta/Tweed.

The grass is always greener on the other side.  I like Northern NSW beaches and its big rivers and the GC Hinterland.  

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I found a really good one in Frith St in Soho many years ago. It looks like it's still there - Bar Italia. Probably a family business.

I guess its a pretty safe bet no ANZAC bubble in the short term. I was hopeful of being able to cross the ditch to Sydney pre Xmas but now not so sure I want to risk it even if possible

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beanb41 said:

I have yet  to have a quality coffee in Australia and have been looking for about 50 years. International Roast is the coffee often found here in cheap 2 star motel rooms which explains the OPs post. With all that criticism Ido buy and use an Australian coffee here in NZ . It suits my taste and as it turns out is amongst the cheapest in our supermarkets. Its "Delta" coffee.

You're selling NZ short. I've seen International Roast in 4 star motel/hotels.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

Best coffee I've found, so far, on a cruise ship was on MSC Divina in a couple of the bars. However, the MDR coffee was rubbish, just like all other ships.

The next best was a few years ago on HAL Volendam in the Crows Nest bar.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Crazy

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-queensland-border-reopens-to-travellers-with-strict-rules/54203767-b8be-4073-b923-fa3c9911115d

10 minutes ago, Kiwi Kruzer said:

The Border Ranges is a nice area .

Yes, beautiful for a holiday or a day trip.  I was lucky to holiday at Binna Burra twice recently, with my daughters, before it burnt down.  Self contained accommodation and camping is still open.  O'Reily's is also still open.  

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

Breaking news...280 new Covid cases from Melbourne/Victoria. 

Actually 299 cases Les. And not expected to get any better over the next week or so. 

Leigh

2 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Actually 299 cases Les. And not expected to get any better over the next week or so. 

Leigh

Of course some of the media are quoting 300, more sensationalism for the more outlandish and abhorrent media.  Stay safe Leigh and you other Vics. It is a jungle out there.

Edited by NSWP

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Hey Leigh, those are unfortunate numbers. Did all this come from the shoddy security at the quarantine hotels? Have they got good contact tracing data? Also are the "security" guards or companies facing charges?

It is thought so Lyle plus some very large family gatherings I believe. Yes the contact tracing is good. No charges as yet, there is still an enquiry to be conducted. 

Leigh

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Of course some of the media are quoting 300, more sensationalism for the more outlandish and abhorrent media.  Stay safe Leigh and you other Vics. It is a jungle out there.

Close enough to 300 Les! Yes we will be isolating as much as possible except for necessities and exercise. Although my new specs have to be picked up in a neighbouring suburb - unfortunately at a large shopping centre. But I'll be waiting at their door when the shop opens in the morning.

Leigh