More Ships into Melbourne Sat 28/3

The Golden Princess and Viking Orion are getting some new company in Melbourne today..   Both the Pacific Princess, and Seabourn Sojourn heading in this morning..   Wonder what is in store for them??

19 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

also Viking Orion at anchorage near the Seabourn Sojourn

Hopefully  one ship at a time would be a good move.

Don

Viking Orion has been here for a couple of weeks. Disembarked its passengers and went to the anchorage 14/3, I think.

Although it did have a day trip to Station Pier earlier this week. Not sure why.  

3 hours ago, Big Kev said:

The Golden Princess and Viking Orion are getting some new company in Melbourne today..   Both the Pacific Princess, and Seabourn Sojourn heading in this morning..   Wonder what is in store for them??

ABC radio talked about two ships heading towards Melbourne this morning - I 'm guessing it's these ships that were being referred to. Apparently, they are just here for re-provisioning and no-one will disembark. I do hope this will be enforced but that is what has been stated clearly on radio this morning. (Libby Gore's programme if you want to listen to it - it's probably available on catch-up radio).

3 hours ago, LittleFish1976 said:

ABC radio talked about two ships heading towards Melbourne this morning - I 'm guessing it's these ships that were being referred to. Apparently, they are just here for re-provisioning and no-one will disembark. I do hope this will be enforced but that is what has been stated clearly on radio this morning. (Libby Gore's programme if you want to listen to it - it's probably available on catch-up radio).

There are ships even in Adelaide. They are just laying low. No passengers. Skeleton crew who don't disembark. They do from time to time need reprovisioning and refueling. The ships are doing this all around the world. The crew are healthy. 

Neither ships are scheduled to dock in Melbourne today. But I suppose most of the world cruising schedule doesn't exist anymore anyway. 

Does anybody know if the Golden Princess is still tied up to Station Pier? 

45 minutes ago, Fletch1 said:

Neither ships are scheduled to dock in Melbourne today. But I suppose most of the world cruising schedule doesn't exist anymore anyway. 

Does anybody know if the Golden Princess is still tied up to Station Pier? 

Yes, Golden still at pier, and the Pacific is now opposite

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Viking Orion has been here for a couple of weeks. Disembarked its passengers and went to the anchorage 14/3, I think.

Although it did have a day trip to Station Pier earlier this week. Not sure why.  

Thank you for correcting me...... I am getting somewhat confused after listen to a speech from  Morrison  

Don

Edited by getting older slowly

5 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Vicport lists Pacific Princess as expected departure at 8pm tonight bound for Los Angeles.

San Pedro in LA - Princess home port,  will be jammed with idle ships.

I think Station Pier has water & bunkers available by pipeline.

Pacific Princess was mentioned as having some passengers still onboard going to west coast USA.

Some Amsterdam passengers wanted to transfer over in Freemantle.

Anchoring the ships in Melbourne would be as good a place as any while they await orders.

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Thank you for correcting me...... I am getting somewhat confused after listen to a speech from  Morrison  

Don

Viking Orion has become a fixture for us Williamstown residents. Sort of a piece of community art in the bay.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Docker123 said:

Viking Orion has become a fixture for us Williamstown residents. Sort of a piece of community art in the bay.

And for us on the other side of the bay.   This morning's walk was a delight with the still waters of the bay as the Spirit left and one of the two smaller ships headed towards Station Pier.   The Viking and Golden in the background.   Not to forget the wildlife (birds and stingrays) a feast for the eyes.