I am going through cruise withdrawal..anyone else?

sandycruzr

OK i know there are a lot more serious issues in the world right now.  Maybe  this is just a diversion for me from all the doom and gloom in the world right now. I know there are so many people that are suffering and extremely stressed about Coronavirus and all the effects of it both medically and otherwise. I sympathize, I really do. But, I have been in my house for 10 days now and I keep dreaming of being at sea! I feel so fortunate that my family is safe and well but my thoughts keep going back to the sea. Am I alone in this?  Am I suffering from cabin fever so badly that I am fixating on cruising?😎

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Yes! Yes! yes!

We are grateful to be well and safe at present but we are beginning to really suffer from cruise withdrawal...it isn’t about not being on a cruise now it is about not being sure when we will next be on a cruise!

We will never, ever, take for granted boarding a ship again, being given that free glass of fizz, I could even enjoy doing a muster...

We always spend first evening in Tuscan and toast to ‘Making it count’...I honestly think we will be very emotional the next time we do this...

May our memories of the past and dreams for the future keep us all going during this difficult time.

Sandycruzr, thanks for starting this post...I think you reflect the feelings of many of us right now...

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, chemmo said:

1) We will never, ever, take for granted boarding a ship again, being given that free glass of fizz, I could even enjoy doing a muster...

2) May our memories of the past and dreams for the future keep us all going during this difficult time.

3) Sandycruzr, thanks for starting this post...I think you reflect the feelings of many of us right now...

Agree 100% on all 3 counts 😁

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

For some the fun of cruising is in the planning and anticipation. Two of my cruises were cancelled and I have FCC coming. I''m having fun planning and anticipating my next cruises.

Be well and safe! 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

We were booked on an 18-day HAL Hawaii cruise and would have been in the islands this week. We cancelled two days before they shut down operations, and have a future cruise credit but no refund. So I alternate between sadness to not be cruising - relief to be home and not on a ship unable to dock now with sick people on board - and wondering when and if things will ever get normal again.

• Like 4

I'm trying really hard each night of our social distancing to imagine I'm in the WCB, Martini Bar or Michaels by mixing my DW and I a cocktail 🍸to easy the pain of self isolation. fingers crossed 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞I'll be on board in 98 days on the fourth  of July on Silly🍹

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

We will never, ever, take for granted boarding a ship again, being given that free glass of fizz, I could even enjoy doing a muster...

c - LOL, never thought I would read this!

Made me smile...

bon voyage

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Cruise Withdrawal ???  Really ???

Feeling " bummed "  over missing a drink ??

I'd rather think how lucky I am to have cruised , will cruise again in the future , pass some time on CC and could absolutely care less when our next cruise will be. 

How about the people that have lost their jobs, can't pay their rent , have little money for food , are taking a " beating " on the Stock Market, or are or have family or friends that are sick with this virus. 

Trust me, they are not having " Cruise Withdrawal " .

IMO--- At a time like this , to have " cruise withdrawal "  is quite selfish.

Where I am it's cold , windy, and we have been quarantined since we returned to Canada.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

We were to cruise on the Apex on June 27th-relatively new to cruising  -this was to be our third cruise and we were very excited about it. We had only booked in January -on our wedding anniversary-it was my gift to my husband and myself! Had joined our Roll Call and started to get to know some of our fellow cruisers.  We had hoped to cruise last year but had to defer as my MIL was ill.  Anyway not meant to be- so I hope , I dream and I pray for June 2021 and that trip on the Apex.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

I'd rather think how lucky I am to have cruised , will cruise again in the future , pass some time on CC and could absolutely care less when our next cruise will be. 

How about the people that have lost their jobs, can't pay their rent , have little money for food , are taking a " beating " on the Stock Market, or are or have family or friends that are sick with this virus. 

Where I am it's cold , windy, and we have been quarantined since we returned to Canada.  

Not sure what the HAHA smile means . Is it making fun of what I posted ?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

Don’t judge!

• Like 5

I am missing reading ya’lls cruise reviews.  Highlight of my evenings Was to do so.  Totally understand if our 5/31 oasis cruise gets cancelled but would like to know when we can cruise again. We are fortunate we got to cruise on the Rccl allure on 2/23 but unfortunately returned to a changed world. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

p - it is not that we have forgotten the gravity of current situation, but our withdrawal comes a place where cruising was something many of us looked forward to and now another reality has hit home.

As many of us do focus on 'current life' we cannot help but pine for days of yore and know that possibly it will return which will not only help with healing of the world and our healing as well. So we choose to look forward to sailing again so ALL of us can move forward, in a positive light for sure and cruising is one of those things, for me, which will do that.

bon voyage

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

If you read what I wrote I said IMO -- means In MY opinion 

Reread the OPs post. The OP started this thread to possibly take our minds off from and escaping from all the gloom and doom of COVID-19 and all the fallout for a moment by sharing what some of us are missing and planned for.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, davekathy said:

Reread the OPs post. The OP started this thread to possibly take our minds off from and escaping from all the gloom and doom of COVID-19 and all the fallout for a moment by sharing what some of us are missing and planned for.

With respect--  

We cancelled 2 cruises -- one while we were sitting in Florida counting the days.

As soon as the virus became as serious as it is, we immediately cancelled both cruises and started the process of returning home. 

We miss cruising as much as everyone else , however, IMO , this is not the time for ME to think of MY pleasures when so many others are not as fortunate to have cruised for many years.