Oasis of the seas crew members positive for Covid-19

BND

3 minutes ago, soremekun said:

I wonder how many in total were tested.  

No idea, but they just docked a couple of days ago in Miami and sent a lot of crew home.  You have to wonder how many of them were exposed and have now gone through Miami airport to other international ones.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BND said:

No idea, but they just docked a couple of days ago in Miami and sent a lot of crew home.  You have to wonder how many of them were exposed and have now gone through Miami airport to other international ones.

I personally assume at least half of those were infected and then they will encounter others in airports and airplanes and during their commute home and in their neighborhoods and at home and the spread continues.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

I wonder if some of the crew members got off at the port in Miami and contracted it there, before returning to the ship.  I heard Miami is a hot spot now.

They were tested while onboard, not after.  The ones that got off in Miami went to the airport and left.  They didn't return to the ship and as far as I know no one else was allowed off the ship.  They were just in Miami less than 3-4 days ago.  Not enough time to have been tested since.  

• Like 3

Just now, BND said:

They were tested while onboard, not after.  The ones that got off in Miami went to the airport and left.  They didn't return to the ship and as far as I know no one else was allowed off the ship.  They were just in Miami less than 3-4 days ago.  Not enough time to have been tested since.  

I was thinking about when the last official cruise ended on March 15th.  I thought maybe some of the crew was allowed off of the ship that day when the passengers were leaving the ship too.

Just now, TNcruising02 said:

I was thinking about when the last official cruise ended on March 15th.  I thought maybe some of the crew was allowed off of the ship that day when the passengers were leaving the ship too.

Could be or guests that were on the last sailing being unknown carriers. Either way not a good situation.

• Like 2

@dani negreanu    Was supposed to be onboard for the inaugural sailing of Celebrity Apex. Apparently they have 29 CV-19 infected crew members. That's kind of odd for all these ships that aren't sailing...and haven't been for a while. That isolation thing isn't working out very well. Link: http://crew-center.com/number-infected-crew-covid-19-celebrity-apex-raises-29

Edited by Coralc
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Coralc said:

@dani negreanu    Was supposed to be onboard for the inaugural sailing of Celebrity Apex. Apparently they have 29 CV-19 infected crew members. That's kind of odd for all these ships that aren't sailing...and haven't been for a while. That isolation thing isn't working out very well. Link: http://crew-center.com/number-infected-crew-covid-19-celebrity-apex-raises-29

Test results take several days to come back.  If Oasis returned on March 15, then that's been 13 days and they had to have been tested several days to a week ago to have the results back already which makes sense.  That also tells me Oasis knew they had possibly positive crew members onboard when they disembarked crew to go home.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Anyone follow Chris Wong on You Tube that works on Oasis? Last video he made said he was going home to the UK. Wonder if this changed things?

He never gave any type of indication that people were starting to not feel well.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

Anyone follow Chris Wong on You Tube that works on Oasis? Last video he made said he was going home to the UK. Wonder if this changed things?

He made it sound like he was heading home.  He said he wouldn't be posting new videos, just old ones he'd already recorded.  He did say he didn't think he could say how many were headed home and he never said anyone was sick.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

He never gave any type of indication that people were starting to not feel well.

4 minutes ago, BND said:

He made it sound like he was heading home.  He said he wouldn't be posting new videos, just old ones he'd already recorded.  He did say he didn't think he could say how many were headed home and he never said anyone was sick.

Exactly, what was the timeline of all this? There was no indication anything was wrong and to be honest it looked like a lot of fun going on without guests.

• Like 2

Chris's last video was made 4 days ago. People had to be getting ill then if they only test sick people and now have results. Maybe he didn't know or maybe he was under a gag order. That type of thing is hard to keep secret from the crew. They certainly were letting crew move freely around and use the amenities of the ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Crew weren't allowed off that day. 

The only ones that got off were the ones that were off to the airport to go home. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

O/T. Wow! @Ocean Boy Rhode Island must REALLY be a small state. Link: https://news.yahoo.com/rhode-island-governor-announces-national-211516742.html

It is more a matter of well known pockets of shoreline communities composed of New Yorkers who summer here. It isn't as if they will be scouring the State though you could get that impression from the article.

• Thanks 1