Loyal To Royal???

JDGGG

19 minutes ago, JDGGG said:

Yeah I started this thread out of frustration. Not sure why they won't refund. Amex did the right thing and already credited my account. They can fight it out with Royal. 

I’m surprised that they did given that you booked a NRD and will get all of that returned via a FCC.  

3 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Could make final payment and then claim a full refund. My believing is its only once the cruise is cancelled you get 125% Fcc

That's what happened to me on the April Anthem Ta

Or a full credit - I was offered both options for my June cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I provide services every day and hope people, or their insurance, is going to make payment at a later date. At least RCI hasn't ready provided the service and is hoping to get paid for it.

The service you and my boss provide are significantly different and not comparable to taking a cruise. She sees people all the time that she KNOWS no payment will come. Especially in these times, it’s bad, while PPE supplies are getting low. 

5 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Would be very surprised if that chargeback is not reversed.  Amex is very pro merchant and Royal will just need to show the cancellation policy you agreed to when you booked.

I was going to comment on that - Amex offers temporary credits and then, depending on the circumstances, will either confirm it is permanent or the credit will been reversed.

17 minutes ago, mek said:

I was going to comment on that - Amex offers temporary credits and then, depending on the circumstances, will either confirm it is permanent or the credit will been reversed.

Hoping Amex will be a bit more understanding than Royal was. 

Edited by JDGGG

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

The service you and my boss provide are significantly different and not comparable to taking a cruise. She sees people all the time that she KNOWS no payment will come. Especially in these times, it’s bad, while PPE supplies are getting low. 

That  is very true. But when the I read issues like the OP's the physician in me comes out. I guess that is why doctors make lousy business people.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Would be very surprised if that chargeback is not reversed.  Amex is very pro merchant and Royal will just need to show the cancellation policy you agreed to when you booked.

That has been my experience working for a retailer. Fraud has been the only thing we were charged back and now even that has not happened as long as you have chip scanners and don't allow the customer to swipe.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JDGGG said:

Hoping Amex will be a bit more understanding that Royal was. 

I hope it works out for you but I wouldn't hold my breath.  Amex will either get Royal to agree to the refund, which I personally think is highly unlikely or Amex will absorb the loss, which I think is even more unlikely.

I'm sorry you have so much money tied up with your cruise - I'm sure many are in the same situation.  I got an unbelievable LOW price on my Nov Oasis cruise and when final payment is due it will not be a huge amount of money, so I will just pay and ride it out.  If we get to cruise - then great, but if cruises are still not up and running by then, which I believe is real possibility,  then I will get a full refund.

Edited by mek

12 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Are you willing to gamble on that and lose your chance at an FCC?

At this point yes. FCCs might be useless if RCI goes bankrupt.

Edited by JDGGG

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sorry for your issues but now we see the real issue. 

In my opinion 

I guess time will tell. Lets hope this passes soon. Stay safe.

• Thanks 1