Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Amazing! Just curious... Do you ever eat like...just a piece of toast or 5 oz. container of yogurt for breakfast???  Bowl of cereal?  No offense meant in any way - but I'm just astounded by your pictures of these cruise-ship-caliber breakfasts. 

This was breakfast at home last week.

IMG_20211103_123225.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That sucks. Where were you leaving from and going to?

The crappy first class service on AA was Orlando to Bangor Maine and back.  

The good Delta first class service was this last trip from Orlando to Spokane WA.  I assume will be repeat of the same on our return flight on Friday this week.  

I did the offered survey for AA...and stated "Would it kill American Airlines to offer boxed sandwiches in first class?".   Charging high prices, all seats filled...and making out $$ on the lack of service. 

• Like 4

@singinalotCrystal, tooth pain is awful.  Hope you get it all fixed and I agree that it's at least fortunate that it didn't happen in Greece.

Best wishes for your mom's health

Teenage girl drama.  I remember it well.  My now married daughter finally became my friend! No more hissy fits.  She actually calls me for advice.  I love that so much. 

I posted this in here before but it bears repeating:

Oh to be half as smart as my child thought I was

And only half as dumb as my teen thinks I am

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am loving the heated seat right now.  Sharon likes cold more than I do.  With the heated chair her cool doesn't bother me at all.  The heat feels good on the back too.

I love the heated seat!  Most especially at the end of December, early morning when we start our trip to Naples.  It's always dark and freezing, and it would take me so long to get warm when we'd first start out.  The heated seat is such a welcome addition to the seats!  Last year my sciatica was acting up, and the heat was very much welcomed.😉

12 hours ago, singinalot said:

I was brushing my teeth Tuesday night and a filling came out. Went to the dentist Thursday and he couldn’t salvage the tooth. Had oral surgery yesterday to remove it and one other so Ive been a painful mess. I also had bone grafting done to start an implant process.

She’s doing well. I made her some Medical Medium brain fog recipes to keep in her fridge for the week and took her some essential oils that are supposed to help with it 🤷‍♀️ She’s had a hard time focusing and multi tasking, she says.

Sorry to hear about your dental work.  Been there, done that!  I had quite a bit of bone grafting done, just prior to our Hawaiian cruise.  

Great that you got to see your mom.  I sure hope she starts feeling much better.  What kind of recipes did you use for your mom's brain fog?

7 hours ago, sgmn said:

Travel opening up today for visitors to USA, hubby and eldest son watched a blog of the syncronized take off of BA and Virgin Atlantic flights this morning.

Wonderful news, and a long time coming!

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Last night's sunset.

Hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

IMG_20211106_185021.jpg

Gorgeous picture, Graham!

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Jacksonville being a military area, they did a good job of recognizing the local military members and family throughout the game.  It started with a flyover of four F-15s from the local Air National Guard right after the National Anthem.  They were low and LOUD.  At one point, they had the family of a father who was stationed overseas being recognized in the end zone.  They played a video of the father from where he was stationed on the big scoreboard.  They then surprised the family with the father being there in person.  I love those surprise reunions.  Pure joy for everyone involved. 

Those videos and reunions always give me goosebumps and tears of happiness!

55 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Mimi,

Sending positive thoughts for tomorrow, from ALL of us here 🥰

Absolutely!!!!!  Positive thoughts and prayers for you, Mimi!  You've got this!🙏🤩

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Sorry...not sure what you mean???  1995 buick riviera - coup. Final design for the car that GM came up with - discontinued around '99. 

Unknown.jpeg

She sure is pretty!!!😊 I  bet it's a sweet ride!😉

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I love the heated seat!  Most especially at the end of December, early morning when we start our trip to Naples.  It's always dark and freezing, and it would take me so long to get warm when we'd first start out.  The heated seat is such a welcome addition to the seats!  Last year my sciatica was acting up, and the heat was very much welcomed.😉

Sorry to hear about your dental work.  Been there, done that!  I had quite a bit of bone grafting done, just prior to our Hawaiian cruise.  

Great that you got to see your mom.  I sure hope she starts feeling much better.  What kind of recipes did you use for your mom's brain fog?

Wonderful news, and a long time coming!

Gorgeous picture, Graham!

Those videos and reunions always give me goosebumps and tears of happiness!

Absolutely!!!!!  Positive thoughts and prayers for you, Mimi!  You've got this!🙏🤩

The heated seat is great.I love using it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Not too familiar with the X, but I've looked at (not in person however) the Model S.

The X is the SUV version with the x-wing doors that are supposed to sense how close vehicles are parked to you, and adjust their angles to open the doors.  

64ABF151-95C4-49C9-9017-CC55B91BA174.thumb.jpeg.1eed29f38ba7d23a18d28ca1917f264d.jpeg

It gives you lots of space to get in or out, unless someone parks to close, then you have to duck under the door.  Something for the young and agile. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I know what comedy is.I wrote a satire of late night soap operas .

You should submit a story to the Sunday New York Times Metropolitan Diary .  Your stories are better than some of those that make it in the paper .  

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've had that in my last 2 cars.  Two cars ago, I got used to pushing the button to turn it off as part of my routine when getting in the car.  For my current car, I leave it on.  I'm now used to it and actually like it.  The engine always starts instantly when I touch the gas and it definitely gives my a couple extra MPG.  If I'm going to be stopped for more than just a couple of seconds, I'll also enable the brake hold feature which keeps the brake on without pressing on the brake pedal (this also disengages when I touch the gas).  I can sit comfortably at a stop light with the brakes on and the engine off and when it's time to go, just press the gas pedal.

I wonder if that brake feature could be an issue once getting used to it and then driving a car without the feature. Would you forget and take your foot off the brake and the car start rolling?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OnTheJourney said:

Sorry...not sure what you mean???  1995 buick riviera - coup. Final design for the car that GM came up with - discontinued around '99. 

Unknown.jpeg

I had that same car.  Also a 95.  Different color though, it was a beige/gold.  Got rid of mine in '99.

50 minutes ago, island lady said:

The crappy first class service on AA was Orlando to Bangor Maine and back.  

The good Delta first class service was this last trip from Orlando to Spokane WA.  I assume will be repeat of the same on our return flight on Friday this week.  

I did the offered survey for AA...and stated "Would it kill American Airlines to offer boxed sandwiches in first class?".   Charging high prices, all seats filled...and making out $$ on the lack of service. 

My husband has flown over a million miles on AA and pretty much gets exit row seats for both of us if we ask.  On this one flight ,  the flight attendant was seated in the jump seat opposite me and I told her I have a complaint about A.A. . She replied: “ You only have one “.  We both laughed .  The exit row seats have become narrower in my opinion.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, h20skibum said:

My son has had a Tesla Model X for a couple years.  He had a dedicated charger put in his garage to charge at night.  

He does have to plan ahead on longer trips.  Find their charging stations near a restaurant for a planned break.  They have quite a few charging stations in the Bay Area where he lives. 

We even have a bank of Tesla superchargers a couple miles from us in western Pennsylvania.  They keep building more near the interstates. 

It is crazy fast from 0 to 60, but I am not ready to make the move to one yet. 

Bucky has been studying Teslas online for 2 years, and talking to anyone he sees that has one.  Not one has told him they did not like it...and in they all in fact love them!  

We are waiting to sell the RV to free up space for the new vehicles.  Bucky drives his beloved rag top Jeep he bought new in 2004...though it sat in the garage most of it's life due to his traveling overseas when he first bought it and having his company vehicle. It now takes up room in our single garage, having the RV and golf cart in RV port.  I get outside parking.  

Me, modest Ford Escape purposely white color for hot Florida summers because it had to sit outside when we are home.    That will be traded in for a new Lincoln SUV that will be stored in the soon to be vacant port...back to the color Red again.  😉  

Though no idea how long it will take to get the new vehicles...months..a year...who knows.  We can wait.  

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, mafig said:

I had that same car.  Also a 95.  Different color though, it was a beige/gold.  Got rid of mine in '99.

Wow! How cool! Curious as to why you only had it 4 years. I SHOULD have actually gotten rid of it (most people would have) in '05, which is when the big repair bills started rolling in and pretty much never stopped for the next nearly 13 years or so. The car is on its 3rd engine. 

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've still never used a ship fitness center.  I used to at least walk into them and take a look to see what was there.  Now, I don't even bother with that.  

We don't use it either, though my sister loves it. 

We enjoy, and use, the walking track just after breakfast.  The one on the promenade deck (lifeboats).   Prefer that to the way too busy upper deck jogging track.  (Too many people walking, running, and loungers pulled out too far).  

Get a kick out of stopping occasionally to watch the birds diving for flying fish too.  

24 minutes ago, singinalot said:

@Luckynana I bought her the Medical Medium Cleanse to Heal book and also made her his Estonian stew recipe and sweet potato tortilla soup 🙂

What recipe do you use for the sweet potato tortilla soup.  We love sweet potatoes and tortilla soup and that sounds really good.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The X is the SUV version with the x-wing doors that are supposed to sense how close vehicles are parked to you, and adjust their angles to open the doors.  

64ABF151-95C4-49C9-9017-CC55B91BA174.thumb.jpeg.1eed29f38ba7d23a18d28ca1917f264d.jpeg

It gives you lots of space to get in or out, unless someone parks to close, then you have to duck under the door.  Something for the young and agile. 

I always wondered how you open those doors inside of a garage?   

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Wow! How cool! Curious as to why you only had it 4 years. I SHOULD have actually gotten rid of it (most people would have) in '05, which is when the big repair bills started rolling in and pretty much never stopped for the next nearly 13 years or so. The car is on its 3rd engine. 

I had a lot of miles on it.  My last year at work I drove it 100 miles rt. every day (I think they were punishing me by transferring me to that far location....anyway it worked and I left).  Moved to Florida.  I don't remember it giving me any trouble, except that the "check engine" light kept coming on.  It was also a tight fit in my Florida garage.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mafig said:

It was also a tight fit in my Florida garage.  

lol....yep....that's the riviera. I've pulled into some really tight spaces already with alot of backing up / forward adjustments. I currently have 170k miles on it. The most recent (and last..at least by me) engine is from a '99 LeSabre. Engine had 90k miles on it when it went in the car. Original engine flooded ala the notorious plastic manifold / EGR tube issue. 2nd engine threw a rod right through the block (that was quite dramatic and sort of scary actually - car stops REAL quick after that). 

Edited by OnTheJourney

I am mostly a lurker--but I feel as if I "know" most of you and so had to stop by to say @jagsfanI will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow. Went thru this with my mom six years ago in what sounds like very similar circumstances. She stayed at my house the night before and I didn't know about the sheets--did a mad dash of changing linens that night! We had a big family cruise planned three months out and were making alternative plans if need be. Well, she had the surgery, was in the hospital for about 4 days, home with me for another week and that was that!! They got it all--no further treatments needed--just the dreaded once a year colonoscopy. And we all went on the cruise on time and celebrated. So you will be in my thoughts and prayers!

And @singinalot--I'm right there with you! DD17 is not like her older brother was at that age! Super stressful and feel like I'm flying blind most of the time. I love reading about members here with kids in their 20's and 30's and keep thinking "It must get better, It must get better!"

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Same here. I do like the Sonata hybrid in a Limited trim, though not crazy about the solar roof that they put on them. 

Yeah, Bucky does not want one of those clear tops for his Tesla either.  Not really a good choice for hot Florida summers.  😉 

• Like 1