Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Very happy to say our dryer that sounded like a freight train is fixed and quiet as a sleeping baby.   I was thrilled when he said he had the parts on his truck.

We have the same dryer problem here. What was the fix?

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

What happened to it?

Needed new roller/wheels for the drum, new pulley, some spring had snapped and he said belt was ok but put a new one on since he had it all apart.  So relieved I'm not out shopping for a new dryer as I really like this one and the steam dry feature is nice too

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We have the same dryer problem here. What was the fix?

They call it a maintenance kit.  If it sounds like a freight train let the service people know when you call as well as your make/model and hopefully they will have the maint kit in stock. 

Job took about an hour.

If you have a helper might be able to do yourself if handy with that kind of stuff.  Years ago we tried to replace a belt ourselves, never again we were ready to kill each other.

Mine is a maytag around 6 or 7 yrs old and this is 1st service call.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

Got the booster this afternoon. 
RJ was upset that he did not get a sticker and his colleague got one!🙄really🙄.

I took a day off from cooking so we brought in Turkish food from a restaurant.

I hope you and RJ are feeling A-okay!  LOL about the sticker....I never got a sticker any time I voted on an election and yet I see people post their sticker on FB😁

33 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My 17 year old granddaughter received her very first college acceptance later today.The first person she called was me.😀

Congratulations to your granddaughter, Lenny!

32 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

, never again we were ready to kill each other. 

That sounds so familiar to me, Debbie!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I hope you and RJ are feeling A-okay!  LOL about the sticker....I never got a sticker any time I voted on an election and yet I see people post their sticker on FB😁

Congratulations to your granddaughter, Lenny!

That sounds so familiar to me, Debbie!

Thanks,MaryAnn.I think that RJ and you deserve stickers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Yes, several weeks ago, but I like to sound of it 😁 -- Celebrity Beyond, June 13rd, 2022.

Also, Sue ( @sgmn).

Dani , thanks for posting it again .  If you look at the web page for Travel Weekly and enter the hotel name , city and country in the search box you’ll get some info about your chosen Barcelona hotel and at the top of hotel page click on local info and it will direct you to nearby restaurants and attractions.  I don’t know how reliable it is however it is useful in my opinion.   

Edited by NHProud
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

I’ve been meaning to send you this, @ReneeFLL.  Hale Koa Hotel awaits you.  It is a beautiful hotel.  We were literally right next door to it.

BEDF0BEB-AB49-4086-B475-8D9947D820EF.thumb.jpeg.3f0c441595f3f7954e5d6a4da47ac945.jpeg

I wondered if you were near there from your photos. And as I just confirmed, Hale Koa is the military service hotel. Our friend's condo overlooked their beautiful property last time we were there. Your view looked familiar. We stay down at the Ilima, which is an old cruddy hotel, with huge rooms and full kitchens, very close to Waikiki beach. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Good luck with your test tomorrow🤩

Thanks,  just got back from the surgery. 

Hubby got up at 6.30 to let the dog out and automatically came back with morning teas. Oops no thanks,  can't have 😀

• Like 6

16 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

In order to improve your mood, let's talk, for a change, about cruises 

I have already started my detailed planning for the next cruise in January on Oasis.  Susan told me she needs to plan for Thanksgiving before she starts to think about the next cruise.

Then, in the next sentence, she says we should plan for a cruise in March.  I see a few Celebrity sailings that appeal to me, so my research has started. 😁😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I see a few Celebrity sailings that appeal to me, so my research has started. 😁😁

Other than a first cruise on Disney, we've been all Royal.  Lately, I'm becoming more and more intrigued by Celebrity, especially their newer ships.  Transferring to Elite status is a nice bonus.  I think I'll do some research as well.  Doesn't hurt to look, right?

• Like 5

When we started cruising  on a regular basis,  we were cruising on Celebrity.  4 TA's in a suite was enough to get to Elite.  Then we switched to Royal, so we started out as Diamond.  I have no burning desire to go back. 

The first Royal cruise  was right after I retired,  so I started doing winter cruises, and living in Ct, Bayonne (and Explorer ) was the best choice, there were no X ships sailing out of the north. 

• Like 2