Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Where is his review ?

Ship's internet was so bad I could not post anything. Picking it back up today.

11 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think he is going to add a review to his @Sea Dog live thread once he get's home and settled down and has time.

Thanks that's actually what I will be doing.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

than folks who think they can sing

LOL....On our riverboat trip with Tauck, the one night for entertainment a really good vocal group came onboard that sang acapella. Well, unfortunately some of the passengers (who probably had a bit too much to drink after dinner) decided to sing along with some of the more familar tunes. It was so annoying and actually disrespectful (not to mention out of tune). It was NOT a sing along but rather a concert. Good grief. The one night there was karaoke. I stayed well away from it and instead opted to watch a movie in our room. Some folks sure take full advantage of having paid for all that liquor as part of the cruise fare. 

Edited by OnTheJourney
  • Like 2

On 11/14/2021 at 7:48 AM, bobmacliberty said:

We are headed to Key West in a few minutes.  Never been.  We'll take our time today and stay overnight in Key Largo,

Enjoy!!!!  One of my favorite road trips was when we drove down through FL, then across the keys. We stayed on Key Largo, Islamorada, and possibly one other on the way over to Key West. Key West is a place onto itself, but the other keys are a completely different flavor and really take you back to an earlier time. I'd love to do it again. We flew home from Key West. 

Another spectacular sunny day here in the Dallas area.  Going up to 80 and I am not complaining!

While some of you are either on a cruise or anticipating one in a short while, I was online making an in person appointment to renew my driver's license.  Since I renewed online last time, I have to apply in person this time. That's how they do it in TX.  First available appointment is March 2!!  My license expires in May.  There are reports of monumental long lines even with appointments so I am not looking forward to this at all!

Stealing @LionesssSue's catch phrase:  It is what it is.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Another spectacular sunny day here in the Dallas area.  Going up to 80 and I am not complaining!

While some of you are either on a cruise or anticipating one in a short while, I was online making an in person appointment to renew my driver's license.  Since I renewed online last time, I have to apply in person this time. That's how they do it in TX.  First available appointment is March 2!!  My license expires in May.  There are reports of monumental long lines even with appointments so I am not looking forward to this at all!

Are you a AAA member?  Many of their offices have registry of motor vehicles in them and appointments at those are only available two weeks out.  My DH just had a birthday and his license was expiring.  He was able to do his renewal and actually get a Real ID  license through AAA.  My son is a December baby and his license is also expiring.  He has an appointment for the Friday after Thanksgiving for his and is also going to get a Real ID.  

• Like 4

Our tree trimming yesterday was a success.  We decided to do it a little early since we will celebrate Christmas a couple weeks early.  Since family is all headed to Florida at Christmas, all the gifts will be opened here in early December. 

We have set up a Lego display under the tree for the last couple years, and the grandkids love it.  We will have them design and build their own village to add to the display. 

A17C53E5-E2C8-4D78-8487-5E999F0FF6A9.thumb.jpeg.e5dda5fdbba0ecbab4f2baec5f93e492.jpeg

I didn’t know that the Airport Shuttle, we use as part of the display, was such a rare collector’s item.  According to this, it is #5 on the most expensive Lego collector items. 

EEB9FEE2-D84D-4FE0-BD0C-EA332A7A3E93.thumb.jpeg.d18667b039df890e4b2f723e84e747f8.jpeg

On another note, our 9 year old California grandson got his first Pfizer shot yesterday.  So far, no side effects for him. 

• Like 13

Today I’m waiting for a scheduled call from Blue Cross/Anthem about my policy for 2022.  Each year they notify me that my current plan is unavailable and I have to pick another.  This year when I went to their website to check if my few doctors accepted the new plan…it kept telling me “Sorry.  We can’t find your doctor.”  You can search without a doctor’s name so I put in for the specialty “Obstetrics & Gynecology.”  And selected 75 mile radius from my zip code.  That would encompass both Augusta, GA and Athens, GA.  The website STILL told me it was sorry it couldn’t locate my doctor.  Sigh.

So had to schedule a call back.  At least it is only a one hour window…I don’t have to wait around the whole day.  Anyone with kids or grandkids, tell them to go into IT or web design.  There is a critical need!!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Are you a AAA member?  Many of their offices have registry of motor vehicles in them and appointments at those are only available two weeks out.  My DH just had a birthday and his license was expiring.  He was able to do his renewal and actually get a Real ID  license through AAA.  My son is a December baby and his license is also expiring.  He has an appointment for the Friday after Thanksgiving for his and is also going to get a Real ID.  

Yes we have AAA. Thanks for the tip!  I'll look into it. 

Happy upcoming Birthday to your son.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I hate the wait at the dmv.  Here you get a number and then wait.  I have to go soon to get plates for the new car.

Still cold in the foothills of the Ozarks.  It is only going to 64° today, mid 70’s tomorrow. 🥶 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

😁 😁 Sue ???? 😁 😁

My MY MY

What were you thinking?????????

Had to respond.

I should have said skimming pages.......

Ok

Back to the task at hand............................................................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/13/2021 at 7:32 PM, Coralc said:

Wow. I didn't know you have tornadoes on the East Coast. :classic_huh: I always think of tornadoes as an Oklahoma, Midwest phenomena.  

Apparently this cloud got lost, really really lost.  Seems like most of the my family ignored the warning.  I took my dog and headed into the basement.  Apparently I am the only one who has had nightmares about tornadoes since watching the Wizard of OZ some 50 years ago.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

They are putting they deck project off another day.  At least it’s no longer weeks and months.  That’s not to say things are not happening around here.  Last year my neighbors and I noticed erosion developing below one of the ponds.  There are two fishing ponds behind the house.  The upper one drain into the lower through the woods behind our houses.  The erosion got so bad it developed a huge sink hole.  The association finally found someone to work on it.  The only access is between my house and my neighbors.  We have been have trucks and other equipment driving through the last couple weeks.  I am thankful they are getting it fixed.  We were concerned that a child would roam back there and fall in.  We also are concerned with the rattlesnakes but that’s a different story.

If you zoom in on you can see the rock they have been hauling in.  They drop it off there and then they haul it to the drain system they are developing D6F5FB21-BF72-4C1A-B15E-4E9526D8977A.thumb.jpeg.5cfe78e1003240ec6244f9c4beff6886.jpeg They cleared out a path to it but the trucks that haul the rock are too big to go all the way back.  This is what the haul it back with.  They have another like this that has a saw blade on the front that cuts the path.

0753B954-D7A0-443B-9997-77B234F8B1DD.thumb.jpeg.9e7a2cf114668250a03ed1ed82fe99c4.jpeg

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I have renewed my DL here in Florida at least three times in a row online.   My picture is starting to look 

like someone that could be my grand daughter!!  😮😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Sheal said:

Apparently this cloud got lost, really really lost.  Seems like most of the my family ignored the warning.  I took my dog and headed into the basement.  Apparently I am the only one who has had nightmares about tornadoes since watching the Wizard of OZ some 50 years ago.

No...you are not alone!  😉  Grew up in Michigan...we had a lot of really bad ones up there as I grew up, and indeed Dorothy did not help matters!  😮 

• Like 1

Full disclosure.  I was trying to save this video for later but when I attempted to respond to the below items it reappeared.  No option to cut so I'm leaving it. 

On 11/13/2021 at 9:25 PM, Ozark_Kid said:

In Arkansas we have an area they call tornado alley.  The bottom half of our county is in the area.  Our old house was on a highway.   I heard the news say a tornado was spotted at the town next to ours and headed done our highway.   It looked calm out until I walked outside and looked in the direction of the town and it looked like a war going on.  We took the kids to the hallway and pulled a mattress over.  It came through but luckily did not cause major damage.   Every spring we deal with tornadoes.  The most damage is normally the county below us.

On 11/14/2021 at 10:49 AM, island lady said:

We have tornadoes in Florida as well.  

LOL.  Back in 2004 my sister and I were in Florida to help my mother move into her latest home.  The trip started off with us sitting in the Tampa airport garage sucking in exhaust fumes (she refused to get a cell phone) waiting an hour for her to pick us up.  Needless to say, we were exhausted just getting there.  The following morning she comes in and says "we need to go to Walmart, a hurricane is coming".  Good Grief!  The good news was that the house was built to battle cat 5 hurricane.  Perfect.  Well, the hurricane came (cat 4) during the night and being a light sleeper I spent the night listening to the winds which reminded me how tornadoes seem to crop up during these storms.  I ended up moving from the bed, to down sleeping on the to the floor between the twin beds.  My sister slept soundly up on her bed.  Eventually, that wasn't safe enough in my mind, I then dragged the twin mattress to the hallway.  Only place in the house with no windows except the bathroom but it wasn't big enough for me and my mattress.  DS found me in the hall the next morning wanting to know why I left her in the bedroom.  I didn't want to worry her was my answer. And to top it off, I was on the bed closest to the window.  I managed to drag the mattress off the bed, past her (tight corner between her bed and wall) and get said mattress into the hall.  How could I wake her from this incredible sleep?  It almost seemed selfish to inflict my paranoia on her. 

Guess I need to brush up on my tornado survival skills, I was sleeping on top, not under.

Edited by Sheal
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Andrew,

I'm glad Owen is on the road to recovery.  My son played from the time he was 5 right through high school.  One year during the semi-finals (he was about 16) he was moving to the blue line when he came in contact with a player from the other team.  

His skate got caught in the ice and his knee collided with the other skater's.  It happened so fast we had no idea what actually happened.  It was pretty scary seeing him lying on the ice while they summoned for help.  I rode with him in the rescue and by the time we got there (maybe 20 minutes later) his knee had blown up to twice it's size.  Nothing serious that a teenage couldn't bounce back from in a few weeks.  Me, probably months.  

• Like 4

We arrived home from our family Disney trip last night. It was fun & exhausting.  The weather wasn’t great, much cooler than we’re used to in FL, even at this time of year and we had quite a bit of rain.  We were only able to use the resort pool for a couple of hours one afternoon. Also, the parks were significantly more crowded than when we were there at the end of September.  It’s probably a combination of it being a half marathon event, a holiday during the week and it’s also what they refer to as Jersey week.  Apparently a lot of schools in NJ have extra days off so many people travel that week with their kids.  Anyway, here are a couple of pictures from our last night dinner at Shula’s Steakhouse where we celebrated youngest DD’s birthday and the end of the trip.  75D70EE3-28BB-4D32-B8D7-59B9FB0D6821.thumb.jpeg.817549cd6a8886291024cac5779214b0.jpeg

DAE6D677-0E61-4E93-85B4-B597F58FB4BE.thumb.jpeg.13733f86c184bcaf6a50bb9caec2c3ae.jpeg
3D2CA6D0-BA31-48C4-8ADB-097921C39EF8.jpeg.e5e690d1e978c8b84bce9b856c9a9fa5.jpeg
This morning two pretty big things happened. First, our driveway replacement starts tomorrow! I believe it because they dropped off some equipment this afternoon. Second, got a call from the porch & patio store that the outdoor dining set we ordered is in and will be delivered Thursday.  

Today is youngest daughters actual birthday (29), so she’s coming for dinner which will be roasted chicken, pumpkin ravioli in brown butter & sage sauce served with salad & crusty Italian bread.  Remember when we mostly talked about what we were having for dinner, LOL!?

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

E9AAC803-59BA-42AD-869D-30CDF787DE6F.thumb.jpeg.49dd5daa0f688aa9a919aec2ab0be9e8.jpeg

I love these kids!!!!❤️

9 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We arrived home from our family Disney trip last night. It was fun & exhausting.   it’s also what they refer to as Jersey week.  Apparently a lot of schools in NJ have extra days off so many people travel that week with their kids.  Anyway, here are a couple of pictures from our last night dinner at Shula’s Steakhouse where we celebrated youngest DD’s birthday and the end of the trip.  75D70EE3-28BB-4D32-B8D7-59B9FB0D6821.thumb.jpeg.817549cd6a8886291024cac5779214b0.jpeg

DAE6D677-0E61-4E93-85B4-B597F58FB4BE.thumb.jpeg.13733f86c184bcaf6a50bb9caec2c3ae.jpeg
3D2CA6D0-BA31-48C4-8ADB-097921C39EF8.jpeg.e5e690d1e978c8b84bce9b856c9a9fa5.jpeg
This morning two pretty big things happened. First, our driveway replacement starts tomorrow! I believe it because they dropped off some equipment this afternoon. Second, got a call from the porch & patio store that the outdoor dining set we ordered is in and will be delivered Thursday.  

Today is youngest daughters actual birthday (29), so she’s coming for dinner which will be roasted chicken, pumpkin ravioli in brown butter & sage sauce served with salad & crusty Italian bread.  Remember when we mostly talked about what we were having for dinner, LOL!?

Great pictures, Deb!  Glad you all had such a wonderful time.  Our grandchildren here in NJ did have the week off...my Grandson Jack kept talking about the week they were going to have off.  I didn't believe him..lol..I thought he was kidding.

How great that your driveway replacement is going to take place.  Exciting!!

Happy Birthday to your youngest daughter!🎂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1