Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That stinks, IMO.    At least Navigator hasn't been maxed out with passengers so that should help with the lines waiting for the tenders.    

We are leaving on Navigator next Wednesday. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 9

where are you today?    I hope weather and traffic are being kind 🤩

Weather is great.  We are about an hour from our hotel in Stafford, Va.  Much better day with traffic, thank goodness!  We're ready to get out of the car!  We always stay at Staybridge Suites here on our way home.

Thank you for asking.🥰

• Like 6

3 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Funny, I didn't want to get married until I was at least 30. I caved at the tender age of 29 and got married in 1993. But in all fairness, I had been dating my future bride for 7 years and known her for a total 9 years (2 of those years where in the "friend zone") so we were pretty much married anyways.  She was 34 at the time of our wedding but it was her 2nd marriage, the first was in her very early 20's. 

I used to tease her that she was the "original" cougar since she was 5 years older than me and it wasn't fair that she got two weddings and I only had one. 😉

My brother told his children do not get married until your 30, he said he waited to 30 , our dad was 30 or older and so was most of my uncles and I was in my40’s , he told this story at his daughters wedding.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Good idea I may try that tonight Debbie. I think you should get a bottle. Let me know how you like it.

I just picked up my first bottle of Kraken and it was on sale and they had a $2 off coupon - even better!   Eric wants to make dark n stormy's for HH.       I guess I will try the espresso martini tomorrow.    I came home with a bunch of different bottles of booze.   Eric's says it was like me going to a shoe sale😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Glad they no longer tender at either of their private islands in the Caribbean.    

I never enjoyed having to do tenders.     Always awkward to get on and off plus the lines to wait and that wasn't even large ships.

The wife of one of my friends broke an ankle going from a tender to a ship.

I was only on a tender once ,a family cruise with my grandkids and I went on the tender because I was with them.It was a very windy day and I barely made it back into the ship.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I was on one NCL cruise that tendered in St Thomas. Gem . It was relatively recent....sometime between 2017 and 2019. Reason given was that there was no dock space due to many ships calling there that day. Tender boats took us straight downtown. They used shoreside tenders not the lifeboats.

That may have been one of the cruises I was on with you.I did not get off the ship .

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, George C said:

My brother told his children do not get married until your 30, he said he waited to 30 , our dad was 30 or older and so was most of my uncles and I was in my40’s , he told this story at his daughters wedding.

My father was 48 when he got married.My best friend did not get married till he was 66.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The wife of one of my friends broke an ankle going from a tender to a ship.

I was only on a tender once ,a family cruise with my grandkids and I went on the tender because I was with them.It was a very windy day and I barely made it back into the ship.

the worst tender experience we had was on a Disney ship in Grand Cayman close to 20 years ago, they basically launched us from tender to ship, my girls were  young  and too small to make the jump.  There were at least a couple of Royal ship there, and some people could not get back on their ship and had to board the other Royal ship.  Since then I try to avoid tenders, if possible.  Will be on one in Bar Harbor at the end of may, but hopefully all will be well there.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, George C said:

And was she 30+ for her wedding?

15 minutes ago, clochette said:

the worst tender experience we had was on a Disney ship in Grand Cayman close to 20 years ago, they basically launched us from tender to ship, my girls were  young  and too small to make the jump.  There were at least a couple of Royal ship there, and some people could not get back on their ship and had to board the other Royal ship.  Since then I try to avoid tenders, if possible.  Will be on one in Bar Harbor at the end of may, but hopefully all will be well there.

How did they get back onto their Royal ship?    

15 minutes ago, clochette said:

Hopefully too.I see you are in Upstate NY.One of my daughters and her husband have a home in Delaware County.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Got my negative covid test back.

Congrats, let the packing begin. I hope you have the best time.

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have found that the Kraken is pretty good for sipping straight up.

I need to try that.

1 hour ago, Coralc said:

We are leaving on Navigator next Wednesday. :classic_biggrin:

Congratulations! 1 week to go!

I just picked up my first bottle of Kraken and it was on sale and they had a $2 off coupon - even better!   Eric wants to make dark n stormy's for HH.       I guess I will try the espresso martini tomorrow.    I came home with a bunch of different bottles of booze.   Eric's says it was like me going to a shoe sale😁

Have fun! I love a dark n stormy!

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

One of the first things I did when I got home this week was buy a bottle of Kraken.  Made a dark n stormy like drink.  Still delicious.  What other Kraken drinks (non-frozen) would you suggest Greg?  

I forget who posted this earlier but there are some good recipes on Kraken’s website.

https://www.krakenrum.com/cocktails/#

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

And was she 30+ for her wedding?

Yes she was not much over 30 but over 30 , she was sought of at our wedding he mother was very pregnant with her during our wedding.

Edited by George C
  • Like 2

Just now, Ozark_Kid said:

My Niece and family lost their house last evening.  My niece, husband and two boys are safe but they lost their dog. 

808FB196-39EF-4B47-85EE-8D1689293B16.thumb.jpeg.358cd0c3867f03ac77156544a7f9769e.jpeg

Omg

Thank God they are safe!!!!

Sad they could not save their dog. 
Prayers. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My Niece and family lost their house last evening.  My niece, husband and two boys are safe but they lost their dog. 

808FB196-39EF-4B47-85EE-8D1689293B16.thumb.jpeg.358cd0c3867f03ac77156544a7f9769e.jpeg

Sorry to hear this.   The main thing is that everyone is safe, but sorry they could not save the dog.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1