Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

8 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That really sounds like a great time.  My daughter and her family are headed for the grandkids first trip to Disney.  It appears their countdown is on. 

0990708E-120A-41EE-9F0E-30B6C548CB75.thumb.jpeg.72fde63c5a1784bb2f7c454d67842577.jpeg

I don’t recall which Disney property they are on, but they are there for a week.  They were able to get all their dining reservations, so that is a plus.  I can’t believe how far out you have to reserve things.  And how $$$$ it is now.  I know they will have fun. 

You’re right, there’s so much planning involved in a Disney trip nowadays compared to when we used to go when our girls were little.  We’re fortunate our family goes often enough that if we miss something, there will always be the next trip.  I’m sure they’ll have a great time and that countdown sign is great!

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My Niece and family lost their house last evening.  My niece, husband and two boys are safe but they lost their dog. 

808FB196-39EF-4B47-85EE-8D1689293B16.thumb.jpeg.358cd0c3867f03ac77156544a7f9769e.jpeg

Fire is the thing I fear the most, glad to hear they are ok, so sad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My Niece and family lost their house last evening.  My niece, husband and two boys are safe but they lost their dog. 

808FB196-39EF-4B47-85EE-8D1689293B16.thumb.jpeg.358cd0c3867f03ac77156544a7f9769e.jpeg

OMG how scary that looks.   Thank god they are Ok.  🙏   So sorry to hear they lost the family dog in the fire.   Poor pup - May he RIP.

Any idea what caused the fire?   Looks like maybe back corner of the house where a kitchen may have been ?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG how scary that looks.   Thank god they are Ok.  🙏   So sorry to hear they lost the family dog in the fire.   Poor pup - May he RIP.

Any idea what caused the fire?   Looks like maybe back corner of the house where a kitchen may have been ?

We have not heard any more details.  

18 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We have not heard any more details.  

I am so sorry, John.  Thank God your niece and her family are safe.  How tragic about their puppy.  That looks like an awful lot of damage to the house.  House fires are the worst.  😔

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Congrats, let the packing begin. I hope you have the best time.

I need to try that.

Congratulations! 1 week to go!

Have fun! I love a dark n stormy!

I forget who posted this earlier but there are some good recipes on Kraken’s website.

https://www.krakenrum.com/cocktails/#

Sea Dog, you have a lot of people trying our Kraken!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Oh no!  What a terrible tragedy.  So sorry to hear about their dog but I'm glad that they are safe.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I’m so sorry John. This breaks my heart about their beloved pet but thankfully they are ok.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry to see the bad news..... Did they have a fireplace on the back of the house, chimney fire maybe.

Edit: No idea why my post went on Debbie's post.....

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Glad they no longer tender at either of their private islands in the Caribbean.    

I never enjoyed having to do tenders.     Always awkward to get on and off plus the lines to wait and that wasn't even large ships.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

How awful! Houses can be rebuilt.   So grateful the family is ok but the loss of their dog is heartbreaking.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks...that's a really nice list.  The Krakhattan and the Sea Monster Mai Tai are definitely in my future.

Yes, there are several I want to try even the ink shots.    Tonight we had Kraken dark n Stormy and really enjoyed.

Tomorrow is espresso martini night.  Then I want to make caribbean rum punch this weekend.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Celtics and Red Sox on, so I am being a nice wife and waiting to watch Survivor until tomorrow. 😇

I can usually count on you to be watching the same time as I am. I'll be missing next week.