Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

16 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Our grandson Ryan turned 13 years old today.  Ryan is our mathematician, and a very bright young fellow.  He just got a letter from school stating that he made the STEM program for the 8th grade next year.  STEM=Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.  Stem students take their College SAT's in the 8th grade.  Ava had also been in the STEM program 4 years ago.  Right now, Ryan has been talking about going to the Air Force Academy after High School.  So, our very sociable Ryan is having a get-together with his friends today for his Birthday.   Boy, was I surprised to see several girls at his party today! 😁  

Happy birthday Ryan.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When my youngest daughter was in college in the UK she became friends with a guy who played for a professional team and became a huge fan of the sport.

Do any of those over seas soccer Games ever end peacefully? Seems every game ends with a riot. You don't see that in America after their professional football games.

They also had issues after the Liverpool, Madrid Soccer game......seems it never ends with out an issue after a game.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

Today will mark the first time in over 35 years that I am not working on Memorial Day since retiring from broadcast television. Almost every year I would do stories on the numerous Memorial Day celebrations including Kansas City's huge celebration at the World War I Museum. I always felt it was an honor to do these stories to remind people what this day is all about.

Today I do something different yard work. I'm actually looking forward to it. Tonight I'll grill some steaks and enjoy some cocktails. Thank you to all who served and gave their lives for our country. #Alwaysremember

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

You don't see that in America after their professional football games.

I've always thought it was bound to happen here. I've already seen increased violence at America's football stadiums. Seems like more and more fights breaking out.

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I've always thought it was bound to happen here. I've already seen increased violence at America's football stadiums. Seems like more and more fights breaking out.

But nothing, thank god like you see after soccer games. Chasing their own teams with flares, really, how do they even allow flares and bombs into the stadium? Wasn't like 2 or 3 people got in with flares, looked like there were hundreds and all those fans stormed the pitch in a matter of seconds after the final goal.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

The son of one of my friends was an NFL player.His brother was a Soccer player.I once discussed that with them.

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But nothing, thank god like you see after soccer games. Chasing their own teams with flares, really, how do they even allow flares and bombs into the stadium? Wasn't like 2 or 3 people got in with flares, looked like there were hundreds and all those fans stormed the pitch in a matter of seconds after the final goal.

I hope we never see fans like that. It really does ruin a game. It's like sportsmanship doesn't matter.

• Like 5

I don't understand how the high temp for tomorrow is around, 95 but Wednesday's high is 66.

So today I started washing new clothes that arrived and I'll wear to work/on cruise.  Not much else to do today.  Tomorrow I head into the office.  Looking forward to it.

Tomorrow I can 'check in' on RCCL for my upcoming trip in July. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Added to my watch list. 

Got 4 more episodes of Ozark to go. 

We've finally watched and binged on Yellowstone as well as Ozark since getting back to NJ.  We're almost through Bosch.

Your trip to your BIL's sounds like a beautiful and fun week!

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Happy Birthday Ryan!  Being an engineer, I am obviously biased, but the world needs more STEM students.  And it's a very good thing that he is sociable and has girls at his party...he may not have "The Knack"

I'm pretty sure Ryan doesn't have "The Knack"!  LOL!  Very cute, Bob!!  Thank you!😁

• Like 2

20 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

🎂

20 hours ago, h20skibum said:

@Luckynana happy birthday to Ryan.  And great news about STEM. 

20 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Thank you so much.  We did have a wonderful time in Alaska up until I got sick.  

Happy Birthday to Ryan!

19 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Happy Birthday Ryan🎂🌠

Congratulations on his academic acknowledgment and being enrolled in STEM.   

Just don't let the girls distract him😄

17 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Happy Birthday to Ryan.  No surprise the 13 yr old would have girls at his party!  Seems like you have another one to be very proud of. 

17 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Congratulations on Ryan’s upcoming achievements.Happy birthday wishes to Ryan.

13 hours ago, NHProud said:

Happy birthday to Ryan and I hope he achieves his academic goals.  My husband used to travel to Princeton to participate in the writing of questions for the SAT’s .  

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday Ryan.

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.156a6101332730bcd0b4752a4f45232b.gif

3 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Congratulations to Ryan

Well done

Thank you for all of your well wishes for Ryan's Birthday.  You guys are the Best!!!🥰

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

This guy has the life!C90EFFFE-BD4B-416E-93F9-F59275CC8123.thumb.jpeg.33b5310ae2c6338bdf10eba1df435d77.jpeg

I love this. Dogs make me laugh when they lay in these kind of positions. Goofy Charlie does some weird one.

IMG_7991.thumb.jpg.636995989b885ab92cc0a0a47776eb12.jpg

13 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We've finally watched and binged on Yellowstone as well as Ozark since getting back to NJ.  We're almost through Bosch.

Your trip to your BIL's sounds like a beautiful and fun week!

I'm pretty sure Ryan doesn't have "The Knack"!  LOL!  Very cute, Bob!!  Thank you!😁

Have you watched the prequel to Yellowstone 1883? It's really good.

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you for all of your well wishes for Ryan's Birthday.  You guys are the Best!!!🥰

Sorry I'm late. I hope Ryan had a great Birthday.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2022 at 10:16 AM, molly361 said:

My turn now.  My TA just cancelled my Bermuda sailing for tomorrow.  Yes I have COVID.  Picked up from one of the 5000 BFF's on Harmony.  Got back Sunday May 15  woke up Wed with a sore throat, tested negative.  Thurs went to my healthcare place tested negative.  Friday self tested POSITIVE.  Tested yesterday for my cruise POSITIVE.  Have only a cough now a week later and feel a bit puny.  No fever

Sorry about you still testing positive. Hope you feel better soon.

On 5/28/2022 at 9:40 AM, Jimbo said:

Yes, it is scrapple, just don't read the package label, it's delicious. 😋Made it nice and crispy too! for dipping into the egg yolk.

Have been eating scrapple since I was a young boy.............Love it. Most people here in Virginia never even heard of it, so it's hard to find down here. When we lived in NJ, everyone knew what it was and was plentiful. Diner's up there even had it on their menu's.

We bought half a cow from a local farm here and had Liver last night for the first time.......My Wife loves it, but it was kind of iffy for me...........it was much more tender then I thought it would be. I thought it would be tough like shoe leather but it wasn't. Doctored it up with onions and bacon, but still not sure it's for me. Told my Wife she is going to have a lot of liver to eat then. LOL

I have always been borderline anemic so when I was in high school I would eat liver and onions once a week. So young and dumb at the time. 😆  I wouldn’t be caught dead eating that now. 🤢🤢🤮🤮🤢🤢🤮🤮 

On 5/29/2022 at 8:49 AM, Ocean Boy said:

When I read the post about the passing Allie was the first thing that came to my mind.

Same here. 

On 5/29/2022 at 12:30 PM, reallyitsmema said:

Another one bites the dust….

2F5510A0-6ED1-498E-8907-EB2A3BF95D64.thumb.jpeg.9c7637bec7cce08fcd070df249a67135.jpeg

I am still showing positive and DH has now joined me. 🙁. Mine is fading though. 

Sad to hear your DH has joined you in the covid merry go round. It seems when one spouse gets it the other one usually does too. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2022 at 7:21 PM, Luckynana said:

God has gained another Angel.  Baby Genevieve passed away last night.  Thank you all for your beautiful thoughts and prayers.  She is now at peace.  My cousin posted a picture of baby Ginny without any of the tubes that have been attached to this poor baby since birth 7 months ago.  My heart is broken for them all.  Thank you again.❤️

So sorry to hear about baby Genevieve. 💔

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Do any of those over seas soccer Games ever end peacefully? Seems every game ends with a riot. You don't see that in America after their professional football games.

They also had issues after the Liverpool, Madrid Soccer game......seems it never ends with out an issue after a game.

That’s crazy. What is wrong with people these days? Those flares can be very dangerous if someone gets hit in the face/eye.

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Our neighbor's magnolia has some nice blooms.

image.thumb.png.6c3e1dfad8e0b5f1027883459de80dba.png

image.thumb.png.be560e327d9e84d601148ff71be87d74.png

Beautiful flower. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Try going to a Little League game!

Over 30 years ago my oldest son played t-ball for one season.  The kids were 5 years old.  One parent threw a fit and cussed at one of our team’s players.  He had tagged a runner.  Problem was the coach hadn’t explained he needed to have the ball to do it.  The next season we started soccer.  Most of the parents knew nothing about it and were happy if their kid kicked the ball a few times.  

• Like 3