Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

22 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Mai Tai, round 2...

I picked up some Appleton Estate Jamaican Rum to make a Mai Tai, rather than the Bacardi Silver that I used yesterday.  I went to a different liquor store but still could not find true Orange Curacao, so I stayed with the Cointreau that I have.  The taste with the Jamaican rum is so much better, and it looks more like the Mai Tai that I'm used to.  Of course, I floated some Kraken on top.  I also garnished with half a spent lime shell and a sprig of mint...a traditional garnish that is supposed to look like an island (the lime shell) with palm trees (the mint sprig).

IMG_8819.thumb.jpg.062f70dd5522b2febaa909aa99cc7e27.jpg

Looks great and I'm sure tasted fantastic. Cheers!

37 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

That does sound much easier than good old hand shredder/grater.  I was going to try with my food processor but never did.   Thanks for the info🤩

Last month while grating my knuckle hit the grater so this is a bit safer.  I read about the shredder idea while reading all the things to use the blender for.  I like using block cheese for pizza.  Pre-shredded cheese has stuff added to prevent it from caking.   To me that tends to make the pizza a bit rubbery or chewy.

The rain is hitting you at a good time.  It's loading the core gardening so it will not need watered while you are gone.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The bad thing about being on the west coast, is that happy hour comes so much later here.

I could use one of those about now.

This is our grandkids last day of school (both here in California and back home in PA). Saturday, we fly home with our California grandson for the summer.   As a bonus, both Susan and I tested negative this morning.  I am glad that no one else caught it from me.

Glad you're both negative and can look forward to summer holidays with the grandchildren 

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Have you ever tried using your blender to shred cheese?  I tried it for the 1st time and like the outcome.   I first cut the cheese..... into squares, dropped them in the blender,.... put the lid on 😆 and blended for less than 5 seconds.   It took about a minute to get it all out of the blender.  Clean up was real easy.  Filled the blender halfway with warm water, added a drop of soap and put it on high blend for a minute. Rinsed and done.

That actually sounds easier than using the food processor!

• Like 3

@Ozark_Kid
Put the lid on it!

😜

Well obviously my anxious frenzy of baking 6 different batches of cookies as well as coordinating the menu for the reveal party has also left an impact on the DH. 

I had a feeling it was time to take a chill pill when he commented “ you worry to much”. Everything will be fine. It always is” .  But in reality he means —I am driving him nuts. 

He actually took some advice of something I quoted here from our thread.  And today since the baking is done he told me he wanted to see if it works. For me, not him.

So to whomever gave the advice TY. 
CHEERS. 

AC0645A4-A847-4AE7-BAEA-54E1176DE3B8.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

The bad thing about being on the west coast, is that happy hour comes so much later here.

I could use one of those about now.

This is our grandkids last day of school (both here in California and back home in PA). Saturday, we fly home with our California grandson for the summer.   As a bonus, both Susan and I tested negative this morning.  I am glad that no one else caught it from me.

Excellent News!      Congratulations🤩

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last month while grating my knuckle hit the grater so this is a bit safer.  I read about the shredder idea while reading all the things to use the blender for.  I like using block cheese for pizza.  Pre-shredded cheese has stuff added to prevent it from caking.   To me that tends to make the pizza a bit rubbery or chewy.

The rain is hitting you at a good time.  It's loading the core gardening so it will not need watered while you are gone.

I have hit my knuckle on grater before and that is one of those annoying booboo's.

Exactly what I was thinking last night while I heard the pouring rain.     Core gardening has been an adjustment for me.     For years I was so used to either watering my garden or setting up sprinkler on timer.   Not watering is just strange but everything is doing great!      

Sure does cut down on the amount of time when I water my flowers not to mention the savings on the water bill.     

• Like 3

And the great news. 

In 2021 I presented my DH with his dream gift of front row seats to see Jimmy Buffet in concert. He talked about it for years. 

When  this thread was in its infancy over 60,000 posts ago I had mentioned that we had first row seats in Pittsburgh to see Jimmy Buffet’s concert. Then COVID hit.  We were canceled. 

But 

We took the option to keep our seats for the concert in 2021. I mean to have first row. 

Well,  DD decided to make that her wedding weekend and reluctantly we were going to be putting up our seats for sale. 

Then

The concert was canceled by them and we got a full refund. 

Now to the present. 

We will be in Cincinnati next month with the DD and SIL To see Buffet’s concert. 

Initially it was just going to be my DH and them. I hate lawn seats.  But somehow he was able to get 4 seats close to the stage in the Pavilion. I do not know who is happiest. Him or me.

So me with my ear plugs ( can’t stand ear drum breaking loud music) and DH with the biggest smile. We will be with the kids.

Also on the agenda will be going to

Jungle Jim’s

and

The Party Store.

Cheers.

@Ozark_Kid

Put the lid on it.  

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We got new dishwasher 2.5 yrs ago and I do miss having the bar for kitchen towel

Guess it depends how your kitchen is set up, I know we didn't have a bar on our house in NJ, the dishwasher was to the extreme left of the kitchen sink, to the right of the sink, there was counter space and then the range, towel hung on the oven door.

Current house here in VA, the current set up is L-shaped with dishwasher again to the extreme left, then sink, then a corner countertop, then the range again with a towel on the oven door.

That covers the last 16 years, both dishwashers had pocket door openings...........so I highly doubt we will miss not having a dishwasher with a bar opening.

Can't miss what we never had 🙂

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Guess it depends how your kitchen is set up, I know we didn't have a bar on our house in NJ, the dishwasher was to the extreme left of the kitchen sink, to the right of the sink, there was counter space and then the range, towel hung on the oven door.

Current house here in VA, the current set up is L-shaped with dishwasher again to the extreme left, then sink, then a corner countertop, then the range again with a towel on the oven door.

That covers the last 16 years, both dishwashers had pocket door openings...........so I highly doubt we will miss not having a dishwasher with a bar opening.

Can't miss what we never had 🙂

Exactly!   

My Dishwasher is right next to my sink so I used to always hang my towel there so I really miss it.    There is still an occasion where I find myself reaching for a towel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We used to have a bar on our old dishwasher and kept towels there.  We did bump into it a few times and decided to go with a recessed handle this time.  I installed a towel bar inside the cabinet door below our kitchen sink.  Took a little getting used to but all good now.  Micheline actually prefers the cleaner look of not having the towels be visible.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Exactly!   

My Dishwasher is right next to my sink so I used to always hang my towel there so I really miss it.    There is still an occasion where I find myself reaching for a towel.

Do that all the time with the pull out trash can, used to be under the sink in NJ, not that way here in VA. 😞

• Like 1

Dani, I hope things go as best as possible. 

Lioness, Jimmy in concert. Awesome. 

Graham, nice new wheels and what a screen.

Dishwasher selections, don’t ask me. 

John, that chicken looked delicious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Mai Tai, round 2...

I picked up some Appleton Estate Jamaican Rum to make a Mai Tai, rather than the Bacardi Silver that I used yesterday.  I went to a different liquor store but still could not find true Orange Curacao, so I stayed with the Cointreau that I have.  The taste with the Jamaican rum is so much better, and it looks more like the Mai Tai that I'm used to.  Of course, I floated some Kraken on top.  I also garnished with half a spent lime shell and a sprig of mint...a traditional garnish that is supposed to look like an island (the lime shell) with palm trees (the mint sprig).

IMG_8819.thumb.jpg.062f70dd5522b2febaa909aa99cc7e27.jpg

That Kraken bottle is looking painfully empty.

• Like 1