Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

All 5G is not created equal

Verizon 5G at my house

671C129D-4634-4DBF-97A0-DE01210D489B.thumb.png.792b1fd773eec0509a02e14feaddea50.png

Spectrum internet at my house

F9E94317-3700-44DC-BDBD-D7F3271F2E6B.thumb.png.8e1658e0e2f7cfa82b6df019da71e114.png

Welcome Home!    I look forward to hearing and seeing photos of all the fun activities you do with the grandchildren.    I remember last summer was a lot of fun!

• Like 2

We arrived at LBI around 1 pm yesterday.    This was the first time in a long time that I couldn't have my top down while driving here.    We had a couple different pockets of rain throughout the journey.     Rained for about 30 mins after we arrived.        Chris and Donna arrived around 2 pm and said they had no rain.        

I filled up my car near Columbus flea market on Rt 206 for $4.83 (at home gas is now $5.09) and gas on the island is currently $5.29.       When is this going to stop!!!

We didn't feel going out to eat after unpacking, making beds and some minor cleaning of bathrooms from tenants that left yesterday morning.     So we grilled some burgers and hot dogs.    Why do they always better down the shore?

It poured on on off for a couple hours this morning but has been cloudy/overcast with some peaks of sun this afternoon. 

We had breakfast at Mustache Bill's Diner near Barnegat Lighthouse.      I have eggs benedict with crabmeat - delicious!

Tonight we are either doing lobster rolls or pizza and chowder from Bay Village.    

Tomorrow we plan on picking up a couple dozen blue claw crabs and Eric and Chris will steam them and we can enjoy at our picnic table.   

• Like 10

52 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

We never got a room for free, but paid hardly anything for a room, not to mention the great rooms we were given wherever we stayed.  In Boston, we had a great corner room, with huge windows on both sides of the building;  what a view!  Nice perk, when your kids work for hotels.  It was great while it lasted!😉

We didn’t pay for this view from a hotel in the same family as the Sheraton brand. 
The white structure is the venue for the summer pops and the bridge in the background is the Coronado bridge . And ,  I live here ! 

E0F37A47-41F2-4E0D-B89F-D90A89B23214.jpeg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So after the big reveal yesterday, Brandon and Christina s siblings chilled in the back yard while the adults gathered in kitchen, chit chatted and cleaned up from dinner. 

When out from the patio I hear the group 

“ mama Lyons. Get out hear, you gotta see this”. 

I somehow got renamed this when daughter was in grade school from her friends. And it has followed me forever. 

So I go out and Brandon’s brothers go he is practicing for having a daughter. 

Then he will get a second job and a shot gun when his daughter to be turns 13. To keep her safe. 

There was no way he could consume that beer in less than 15 min. 

I realize all men want a son. Especially the Incredible Hulk.  But knowing Brandon his daughter will soon have him at her beckon call. 

9B36C313-88BC-4BF9-9CCE-5C9F15200C36.jpeg

Hi Sue.

Adding our congratulations to you and your lovely family on the announcement of a granddaughter.

G&P.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Yes I do. If you can get the doctor to also give you a prescription to Tramadol that works really good too. Good luck with the pain. I know it's no fun.

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated, but  I've tried Tramadol 6 years ago after surgery for a cracked femur bone.  Had no impact.  At least the pain right now isn't as super intense as it was only days ago. Unfortunately, they tell me last minute when I'm "scheduled" for PT which prevents me from taking pain meds 30 mins. before a PT session.  I asked for a specific time frame but I guess their schedule changes often.  I have a great PT team so I really can't complain.

@Sunshine3601Your LBI posts always make me miss the beach.  Sounds like you're starting out having a great time.  I know it will continue to be wonderful.  It sounds like your happy place.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated, but  I've tried Tramadol 6 years ago after surgery for a cracked femur bone.  Had no impact.  At least the pain right now isn't as super intense as it was only days ago. Unfortunately, they tell me last minute when I'm "scheduled" for PT which prevents me from taking pain meds 30 mins. before a PT session.  I asked for a specific time frame but I guess their schedule changes often.  I have a great PT team so I really can't complain.

@Sunshine3601Your LBI posts always make me miss the beach.  Sounds like you're starting out having a great time.  I know it will continue to be wonderful.  It sounds like your happy place.

Sorry to hear you have been and still are in so much pain Bonnie.

I hope the pain meds help you quickly.🙏

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, NHProud said:

We didn’t pay for this view from a hotel in the same family as the Sheraton brand. 
The white structure is the venue for the summer pops and the bridge in the background is the Coronado bridge . And ,  I live here ! 

E0F37A47-41F2-4E0D-B89F-D90A89B23214.jpeg

Love San Diego. My dad worked on North Island

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Tonight we are either doing lobster rolls or pizza and chowder from Bay Village. 

Bay Village Pizza? My wife's family would always call it the "Big Pizza Place". Not that the place is big but their pizza slices are huge. They swear its the best pizza place on the island.  It would be a late night place to go, grab a slice from the pick-up window & then sit on at picnic table under a little pavilion.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mo&fran said:

are you sure you're  getting a 5G signal.  When I run the test on my phone.  it says 5G in the upper right corner. If I am not receiving 5G, it says LTE.  The symbol you are showing is one I get  when I am my home wifi.  I keep wifi turned off on the phone.

Yes, those are the correct ones.  It is just that I was back on Wi-Fi when I took screenshots of the results.  In the first results page, it shows it was Verizon 5G at the bottom of the page.  In the second one, it shows it was on Spectrum Wi-Fi.

I have had widely different results at times.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We never got a room for free, but paid hardly anything for a room, not to mention the great rooms we were given wherever we stayed.  In Boston, we had a great corner room, with huge windows on both sides of the building;  what a view!  Nice perk, when your kids work for hotels.  It was great while it lasted!😉

I never had a Sheraton perk but I had  a select Marriott.After I retired in 1998 I went to work with a friends Advertising company.Whenever we went to a trade show in the Atlantic City Convention Center we had free lodging if we stayed at a Marriott because they were a client of the company.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

So after the big reveal yesterday, Brandon and Christina s siblings chilled in the back yard while the adults gathered in kitchen, chit chatted and cleaned up from dinner. 

When out from the patio I hear the group 

“ mama Lyons. Get out hear, you gotta see this”. 

I somehow got renamed this when daughter was in grade school from her friends. And it has followed me forever. 

So I go out and Brandon’s brothers go he is practicing for having a daughter. 

Then he will get a second job and a shot gun when his daughter to be turns 13. To keep her safe. 

There was no way he could consume that beer in less than 15 min. 

I realize all men want a son. Especially the Incredible Hulk.  But knowing Brandon his daughter will soon have him at her beckon call. 

9B36C313-88BC-4BF9-9CCE-5C9F15200C36.jpeg

Congratulations on the good news

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We arrived at LBI around 1 pm yesterday.    This was the first time in a long time that I couldn't have my top down while driving here.    We had a couple different pockets of rain throughout the journey.     Rained for about 30 mins after we arrived.        Chris and Donna arrived around 2 pm and said they had no rain.        

I filled up my car near Columbus flea market on Rt 206 for $4.83 (at home gas is now $5.09) and gas on the island is currently $5.29.       When is this going to stop!!!

We didn't feel going out to eat after unpacking, making beds and some minor cleaning of bathrooms from tenants that left yesterday morning.     So we grilled some burgers and hot dogs.    Why do they always better down the shore?

It poured on on off for a couple hours this morning but has been cloudy/overcast with some peaks of sun this afternoon. 

We had breakfast at Mustache Bill's Diner near Barnegat Lighthouse.      I have eggs benedict with crabmeat - delicious!

Tomorrow we plan on picking up a couple dozen blue claw crabs and Eric and Chris will steam them and we can enjoy at our picnic table.   

Enjoy your summer.Hopefully you will have great weather.

• Like 1

@LucasLikesToCruise so glad to see your name here.

@DaniDanielle thinking about your family.

@BonTexasNYwishing u a pain free recovery.

@Luckynana, @Sunshine3601, @DaniDanielle and @grapau27, I’ll be very happy with your hugs through @sgmn Sue 😘

@Lionesss Sue & Rick, C&B, heartfelt congrats.

After walking and walking a lot in Rome today (I started early and it was already oppressive hot at 10am, when they open the shops on Sunday), it reinforced my opinion that cruising is the best. After almost 2 days of city site seeing, standing on my feet and walking, I’m done. 
Luckily, tomorrow is boarding day, followed by a sea day. My feet will rest 😎

I’ll try to post separately a short video from Fontana da Trevi. On our last 2 visits it was under repairs and covered. It looks much nicer now.

• Like 25

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We had a few issues with a embassy suites in Denver, we had stayed there many times before, was very surprised when checking out them comped us all 3 nights . 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@LucasLikesToCruise so glad to see your name here.

@DaniDanielle thinking about your family.

@BonTexasNYwishing u a pain free recovery.

@Luckynana, @Sunshine3601, @DaniDanielle and @grapau27, I’ll be very happy with your hugs through @sgmn Sue 😘

@Lionesss Sue & Rick, C&B, heartfelt congrats.

After walking and walking a lot in Rome today (I started early and it was already oppressive hot at 10am, when they open the shops on Sunday), it reinforced my opinion that cruising is the best. After almost 2 days of city site seeing, standing on my feet and walking, I’m done. 
Luckily, tomorrow is boarding day, followed by a sea day. My feet will rest 😎

I’ll try to post separately a short video from Fontana da Trevi. On our last 2 visits it was under repairs and covered. It looks much nicer now.

Did you buy your earrings ? A high of 95° in Rome today ,  so hot .  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NHProud said:

Did you buy your earrings ? A high of 95° in Rome today ,  so hot .  

No….. I was very disappointed…. They’ve looked phenomenal in pics, but didn’t fit my ears….

@Coralc Albergo di Senato is frequently recommended in Italy’s port of calls forum. It’s location can’t be beaten.

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thank you.  Definitely is my happy place.   I'll upload some photos where here.

I'm sorry to hear about your pain continuing, hopefully will go away soon.   It is a shame they cannot stick to a schedule.    

Eric had Tramadol a couple years ago and everytime he took it he would throw up within an hour so that's on the do not take list for him.   Nothing worse then being in pain then violently get sick.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Bay Village Pizza? My wife's family would always call it the "Big Pizza Place". Not that the place is big but their pizza slices are huge. They swear its the best pizza place on the island.  It would be a late night place to go, grab a slice from the pick-up window & then sit on at picnic table under a little pavilion.

Yes, Bay Village Pizza is the best on the island.   Their slices are huge.   A large pizza is also very big.   I think it is 24".   We just finished pizza and Country Kettle New England chowder, another favorite🤩

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.  Definitely is my happy place.   I'll upload some photos where here.

I'm sorry to hear about your pain continuing, hopefully will go away soon.   It is a shame they cannot stick to a schedule.    

Eric had Tramadol a couple years ago and everytime he took it he would throw up within an hour so that's on the do not take list for him.   Nothing worse then being in pain then violently get sick.   

I had a very bad reaction to Tramadol and it did not get rid of the pain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, Bay Village Pizza is the best on the island.   Their slices are huge.   A large pizza is also very big.   I think it is 24".   We just finished pizza and Country Kettle New England chowder, another favorite🤩

We just ordered a extra large pizza we do this every Sunday not New York but close .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Glad to hear you had a safe trip.  Steamed crabs sounds like a great idea!

• Like 2