Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

latest update from Lisa. 

Doctor was just in…said it looks like the placement is good…going to get us a script for pain and a referral for London.

I think we will still be here for a while and then get the script before we head home. They’re already checking that for pharmacies that will be open into the evening hours. I’m hoping in an hour or so we might be on our way home.

So so sorry this happened to Owen. Sounds like no surgery will be needed so things might heal a little faster.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

7 hours and McDonalds for Father’s Day dinner while driving home. Not the day we envisioned. Lisa has already been emailing his teachers as he has 4 days left with 2 projects and 1 test. The one teacher already said do not sweat it. We also CCed the principle and his guidance councillor. Three of the classes Owen had ball teammates. 

I found out what they did. 2 sedations, 2 casts after two “realignments”, and 3 X-rays.  From what Lisa understood it was a dislocated wrist, and multiple fractures.  She heard the, pop the wrist back in and watch them do both alignments. He still has a temporary cast, until he sees the fracture clinic at our local children’s hospital. The DRs at the hospital we were at today hoped that we would hear from them tomorrow with the reference. 

For those that are queasy maybe don’t look. 

Ouch.  That looks painful.  

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

7 hours and McDonalds for Father’s Day dinner while driving home. Not the day we envisioned. Lisa has already been emailing his teachers as he has 4 days left with 2 projects and 1 test. The one teacher already said do not sweat it. We also CCed the principle and his guidance councillor. Three of the classes Owen had ball teammates. 

I found out what they did. 2 sedations, 2 casts after two “realignments”, and 3 X-rays.  From what Lisa understood it was a dislocated wrist, and multiple fractures.  She heard the, pop the wrist back in and watch them do both alignments. He still has a temporary cast, until he sees the fracture clinic at our local children’s hospital. The DRs at the hospital we were at today hoped that we would hear from them tomorrow with the reference. 

5EEA7980-6BCE-47F2-AFBB-52028AC88EC9.thumb.jpeg.30c761cb198d17c93b9894739bc4ad6f.jpeg

Thanks for the update hopefully the pain meds will help him sleep. Tell him to hang in there. He can do this. We are all rooting for him.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Well here’s an update from the ball tournament.

We were winning 1/0 top of the third. Owen made two great catches for outs in the outfield. It was his first at bat and as he was running to first, the first baseman got the throw from third.  First baseman was well off the base line and had to tag Owen for the out except he was a great distance away. Instead of tagging Owen with control he hit them with such force that Owen flew in the air. He physically bodychecked him.

So now we are at the hospital emerge. Owen has a broken wrist. Their player was ejected.

I’m waiting in the car because only one person is allowed to go in with them. They’re actually going to put him to sleep to set the wrist. He is in a lot of pain and is also pissed. 

O, carp!  Hope all is ok after all of this.  

@lenquixote66 Lenny- Was the concert you saw in 2008 one that included Denny Laine,Todd Rundgren and Christopher Cross? We saw it at Westbury Music theater in the Summer of 2008. The show was entitled “It Was Forty Years Ago Today.”.

i read about a show at Westbury this past Saturday night. Denny Laine was in it again and the title has been upgraded to “It Was Fifty Years Ago Today.”.

Take care

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4

Today was HOT ‐ near 100 F. We packed a picnic supper and went over to Lake Harriet for the Sunday evening free band concert.

First we did a walk around the lake, slow and lots of breaks in the shade. We did about 3 miles and finished just in time for the band. They were pretty good. Lots of brass.

By the way...can anyone find the yellow ducky hiding among the pretty sailboats?

20220619_191212.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

5EEA7980-6BCE-47F2-AFBB-52028AC88EC9.thumb.jpeg.30c761cb198d17c93b9894739bc4ad6f.jpeg

Hate that he has to go through this.  Let's hope it heals without needing surgery. 

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Today was HOT ‐ near 100 F. We packed a picnic supper and went over to Lake Harriet for the Sunday evening free band concert.

First we did a walk around the lake, slow and lots of breaks in the shade. We did about 3 miles and finished just in time for the band. They were pretty good. Lots of brass.

By the way...can anyone find the yellow ducky hiding among the pretty sailboats?

20220619_191212.jpg

Bad Words.#@%&...Bad Words #@%&..

I was watching the video trying to find the duck! 😱

Teach me to not scroll down first..🤣  Found it!!

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, h20skibum said:

This may be a Father’s Day, multi-post.  Today, we were in Sharon, PA for the Father’s Day car show.  But before the car show, where to go for lunch?

Sharon is home to the original Quaker Steak and Lube.  I lived in Sharon after I graduated from college, and I remember when Jigs and Moe opened the place in the mid 70’s.  A restaurant in a converted gas station, it was THE place to be, and my single buddies and I frequented it several nights a week.  It has gone down hill since it’s prime days, and there are not nearly as many cars on display in the restaurant after it was acquired by Travel Centers of America, but they still have some good food and drink. 

Grandson played the duck claw machine in the restaurant, and scored three with his first drop. 

10209D1A-6905-4ED5-85F3-B5757C12D299.thumb.jpeg.28b8e3281a6d8c0e1a7830f594b5e6a7.jpeg

Guess I am ready to hide some now. 

Drinks……When I saw one that said Caribbean Cooler, I had to try one.  And the price was not bad. 

E9219142-1352-4979-82E9-81CF54E9B3EF.thumb.jpeg.6a82ba7bf12adcb8931c0ea0de618de7.jpeg

It was pretty tasty, and as a bonus, it came with a souvenir fish. 

D23CDC01-860D-4C13-B06F-5A83F297C80D.thumb.jpeg.4bbb7abac06e634dba857aea71c3c578.jpeg

I went with a standard pulled pork sandwich.  

AA65902E-B5A8-413C-8385-D0E20A221564.thumb.jpeg.fe0c97e481fb206bc2f05faf6263be7e.jpeg

You have your choice of heat in the BBQ sauce.  Since I like things hot, I went with the Buckeye BBQ.  At 5,000 scoville heat units, I can’t imagine what the Eat Heat at 500,000 would be like.  I mean, I have eaten habaneros which are around 300,000, but it was quite a jump from 5 to 500 that they offered.  

A49B2185-1F0F-4911-9FFD-7B173DEC2543.thumb.jpeg.3a11612b2aee54d9420d3896c75d8f00.jpeg

Onward to the car show….,

I’m a wimp.  My choice from that menu would be 90.  My preference is not to sweat when I eat.  Love the car show photos.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

20220619_191212.jpg

Sounds like a lovely evening despite the heat.

8 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Too bad you don't have pictures of the x-rays.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Too bad you don't have pictures of the x-rays.

We have them.  I can post later if you are curious.

Today I have 5 hours with my mom at the hospital for her pre-op for her hip replacement in early July. 

• Like 7

@Ocean Boy here they are. 

Before

38C2787D-2FA1-4696-8D52-E1D1E83B4E43.thumb.jpeg.3e4859a90055819f9703fb826ced9cb5.jpeg

520446C3-918D-4DE5-8164-ABE73F3B0B91.thumb.jpeg.f92c83df20f1d493fc9fe7540a37c3c5.jpeg

After the second manipulation because they weren’t happy with the placement.  Lots of swelling after 5 hours.  We are supposed to hear from the fracture clinic today at our Children's Hospital. 

B2FD994E-8FCE-4678-ABF4-533FC8E54E72.thumb.jpeg.c669510b7430ecdd6e383382d5aa6726.jpeg

1AAEC9EA-D0EF-4A8A-8D37-30762DBF0AE1.thumb.jpeg.98d9607d087c0c030433d3392b44072a.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

@Ocean Boy here they are. 

Before

38C2787D-2FA1-4696-8D52-E1D1E83B4E43.thumb.jpeg.3e4859a90055819f9703fb826ced9cb5.jpeg

520446C3-918D-4DE5-8164-ABE73F3B0B91.thumb.jpeg.f92c83df20f1d493fc9fe7540a37c3c5.jpeg

After the second manipulation because they weren’t happy with the placement.  Lots of swelling after 5 hours.  We are supposed to hear from the fracture clinic today at our Children's Hospital. 

B2FD994E-8FCE-4678-ABF4-533FC8E54E72.thumb.jpeg.c669510b7430ecdd6e383382d5aa6726.jpeg

1AAEC9EA-D0EF-4A8A-8D37-30762DBF0AE1.thumb.jpeg.98d9607d087c0c030433d3392b44072a.jpeg

Thanks. From what I can see (looking at a picture of a phone screen on a phone screen) the final reduction looks good. There had to be a lot of sudden force applied to the area to produce that injury. 

It is never easy seeing your child hurt.  However, his young healthy bones and connective tissue should come out of this ok but it will be a process. My best to Owen, you, and Lisa.

• Like 13

12 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Interesting.  I'll need to give that try.  I also just remembered the Smoke Ring served in the Wonderland bar.  I'll need to find that recipe also.  

I'll take bets now...will I be using the cocktail smoker 6 months from now or will it just be sitting in a cabinet with other forgotten things that seemed very cool at the beginning? 🤔

I say it’s something you’ll pull out of that cabinet every now & then.  I bought smoker kits for both my SIL’s last Christmas. They still use them occasionally.  

• Like 2

@A&L_Ont Do you think the injury happened on the  collide when he hit the 1st basement or did the injury happen when he braced himself when he went flying and hit the ground?

That's the issue that sometimes happens when kids that young don't know how to transfer their feet across the first base bag when trying to catch an errand throw from across the diamond.

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I say it’s something you’ll pull out of that cabinet every now & then.  I bought smoker kits for both my SIL’s last Christmas. They still use them occasionally.  

Wish that was true for us. We have one of these, saw it the first week and haven't seen it since.

433158761_1?$f1200$&fmt=auto

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thanks. From what I can see (looking at a picture of a phone screen on a phone screen) the final reduction looks good. There had to be a lot of sudden force applied to the area to produce that injury. 

I’ll explain in my response to Jim how the accident happened.

From what we have read this type of force for kids is typically from car accidents or falls from great heights. Hard to believe that playing football and hockey (contact sports) has never brought about this type of injury. You know, baseball a non contact sport so it should have been ok. 😉

33 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

It is never easy seeing your child hurt.  However, his young healthy bones and connective tissue should come out of this ok but it will be a process. My best to Owen, you, and Lisa.

Thanks OB. You have always been supportive of us on this thread, as well as our home with our journey with Allie. 

I’m now on my next adventure with mom. I’m in a waiting room while they are doing her EKG. 

image.thumb.jpg.43e6ba1f42afc9a3e94c94743d6e87e7.jpg

• Like 13

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

😉

I’m now on my next adventure with mom. I’m in a waiting room while they are doing her EKG. 

image.thumb.jpg.43e6ba1f42afc9a3e94c94743d6e87e7.jpg

Sorry you have spent the last two days in hospitals. I hope Owen got some rest last night. Sounds like OB is satisfied with the X-rays and thinks Owen will make a full recovery.

• Like 6