Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

I got some sad news a few minutes ago. 
Ny dear 98 year old friend Ginny got back yesterday from Pennsylvania where she was staying with her daughter. 
Her daughter was recovering from surgery and Ginny flew up to take care of her. 
She was there more than a month, and enjoyed the grands and great grands. 
Photos were posted on Facebook of Ginny in a backyard water balloon fight. 
Last night, home in her own bed, she got up to go to the bathroom and forgot she left her suitcase between her bed and the bathroom. 
Yep! She tripped over it and broke where the ball fits into her hip socket. 
The orthopedic group and other doctors are trying to decide what to do. 
At her age, surgery is especially risky, but Ginny has been trotting up and down stairs, dancing any time there’s music, 

and enjoying life in general. 
Her only signs of age are macular degeneration and having a harder time reading the dice. 
We are not ready to lose Ginny. 
And  really not ready to have her lose her zest for life. 
Please send up a prayer that she won’t lose her quality of life and can heal from this. 
Mimi

Ginny sounds like an amazing woman.     Sending positive thoughts and prayers her way.  🙏

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Ny dear 98 year old friend Ginny got back yesterday from Pennsylvania where she was staying with her daughter. 
Last night, home in her own bed, she got up to go to the bathroom and forgot she left her suitcase between her bed and the bathroom. 
At her age, surgery is especially risky, but Ginny has been trotting up and down stairs, dancing any time there’s music, 

Her only signs of age are macular degeneration and having a harder time reading the dice. 
Please send up a prayer that she won’t lose her quality of life and can heal from this. 
Mimi

Our prayers 🙏 are on their way to Ginny.

She sounds lovely and it is so sad she has had this nasty accident.

She sounds years younger than her age and deserves to have her mobility back.

Graham.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

I don't know how we got in the whole first name topic. But I do know that posting on Internet forums is an "imperfect" form of communication. "Imperfect" because while we feel like we truly know each other as "friends who have not yet met" after years of back-n-forth, do we really know each other?

For example, I posted not too long ago that my dry sarcastic sense of humor - while I'm sure it's hilarious in person 😉 - does not come across well in writing.  I learned this many years ago on other forums when I accidentally offended several people.  So I've tried to tone myself down. Add to this, there are a few people here that are good friends in real life who may joke back-n-forth and it's easy to let our guard down and join in.

In my humble opinion, I believe that some of the "personality conflicts" here are a result of miscommunication or misinterpretation of certain posts.   Best to take a deep breath, step away for a bit if needed, and then come back and move on.

I think some cute pet pictures are in order. But I don't have a pet. At least, not yet. 🙂

Bell knows everyone 

20220717_210830.thumb.jpg.e1c8c7fac82d2c26f54022c8c6653dd8.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 14
  • Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Looks like York designer outlet to me.

It was York Designer outlet.

It is about 90 miles from home and we usually call about every 4-6 weeks.

Lovely to hear from you.

I hope you are keeping well.

Graham.

• Like 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

It was York Designer outlet.

It is about 90 miles from home and we usually call about every 4-6 weeks.

Lovely to hear from you.

I hope you are keeping well.

Graham.

We are fine thank you.

Presently at Scotch Corner for the evening on way to Glasgow and Edinburgh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Mimi

Hoping the best for Ginny.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Mimi

God Bless your dear friend Ginny, and her awesome zest for life!  Prayers for her good health.🙏

She sound amazing!!!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My EKG was normal so additional tests were not done.I have an appointment with my Cardiologist for early Monday morning.The diagnosis was basically just the symptoms.Sunday is my birthday and my family is having a party with 79 people who will be celebrating my 79th. birthday .

My daughter and husband who live in upstate NY are coming here Saturday morning to spend the day,sleep over and take my wife and I to the party.

I hope you have a fantastic celebration of your 79th Birthday Lenny! Cheers to you on Sunday!!

• Like 3

@jagsfan I’m so sorry to hear about your friend’s fall.  Ever since reading about Ivana Trump’s fall I have been thinking even more than usual about trying to ensure we don’t fall.  I had a friend who lived alone, in her 80’s, who wore flip flops and caught one on the stairs…with both hands full so she couldn’t break her fall.  We live in a two story house and I am always careful to have a free hand to hold the stair rail when going up or down.  So now I’ll add to remember to not put anything to trip over in my way at night.

”Luckily” since getting Diana and Minnie I’m used to walking with one eye on the floor.  They absolutely do NOT get out of your way…evidently that’s my responsibility.

• Like 7

We have an abundant amount of cucumbers from our garden this year.   I am looking for suggestions on what to make with them.      I have given a lot away to neighbors and this weekend may set up a Help yourself - Free produce at end of driveway. 

So far I have made cucumber salads, cucumber water, just made a pitcher of cumber mint mojitos (Boy are they Good!) and I found this recipe I want to try this weekend.     https://www.marthastewart.com/1118951/chilled-melon-cucumber-and-mint-soup

Any suggestions?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We have an abundant amount of cucumbers from our garden this year.   I am looking for suggestions on what to make with them.      I have given a lot away to neighbors and this weekend may set up a Help yourself - Free produce at end of driveway. 

So far I have made cucumber salads, cucumber water, just made a pitcher of cumber mint mojitos (Boy are they Good!) and I found this recipe I want to try this weekend.     https://www.marthastewart.com/1118951/chilled-melon-cucumber-and-mint-soup

Any suggestions?

We have cucumber flavored vodka in our liquor cabinet.

• Like 2

On our way to Oxford Ohio to pick up the DD. And SIL. To go to buffet concert. 

Finally after passing 3 crashes. 8 blue light specials (speed traps).leaving Ohio to  Drive

into Kentucky to get to Cincinnati Ohio (Riverbend music center). 7 th row seats.  

Awesome seats.  Happy husband. 

BBAFA678-3E52-4C3F-8B39-FDCC8D188DE5.thumb.jpeg.1258bdec90df699181fa076204aafc98.jpeg

Just taking in the scenery. 

Our car is parked 5,678 steps away. Aka 1.89 miles. 

later. 

• Like 20

10 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Any suggestions?

Use them as cups for chicken salad

Cut into 3/4" slices, the use a melon baller to hollow them out. Very refreshing 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

On our way to Oxford Ohio to pick up the DD. And SIL. To go to buffet concert. 

Finally after passing 3 crashes. 8 blue light specials (speed traps).leaving Ohio to  Drive

into Kentucky to get to Cincinnati Ohio (Riverbend music center). 7 th row seats.  

Awesome seats.  Happy husband. 

BBAFA678-3E52-4C3F-8B39-FDCC8D188DE5.thumb.jpeg.1258bdec90df699181fa076204aafc98.jpeg

Just taking in the scenery. 

Our car is parked 5,678 steps away. Aka 1.89 miles. 

later. 

They are excellent seats!    Have a Blast!

15 minutes ago, George C said:

We have cucumber flavored vodka in our liquor cabinet.

I have had cucumber vodka - forgot about that.   I cannot remember where I had it so it must have been gone😁     Thank you!

Now that I discovered I like the cucumber mint mojito I may have to try infusing cucumber into simple syrup 

• Like 2