Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Sorry to hear about Paulines co-worker.

Thank you Lenny.

Rob was well overweight and a very heavy drinker.

He seemed a nice guy and all the office will be at his funeral service in church in 16 days time.

Graham.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I've got a wireless charger for my phone but have never used it because my battery used to stay good all day. Now my phone is over two years old and I've noticed that it does not stay charged the whole day. What do you recommend on a cruise or an airplane where you don't have access to a plug for charging. Any good portable chargers out there?

I have a battery pack. 30800 mAh. Good for about 3 charges. About the size of a large phone, twice as thick and 3 times as heavy

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

I thought they were fully functional while charging...watch videos, FaceTime, etc.  My main use case is for my nightstand.  Set the phone on the charger in landscape mode with a clock app that doesn't let the screen go to sleep (I use this one) and I no longer need a charging cable or nightstand alarm clock.  Might also put one in the office for hands free video calls with the kids.  Here's the charger that I'm contemplating: Anker 313 Wireless Charger (Stand)

MagSafe looks interesting and has a few advantages (particularly aligning the charging coil) but is also significantly more expensive than a basic Qi charger.

They kind of are, I guess, but you can't pick it up. So useless for me. 

43 minutes ago, brillohead said:

FWIW, the Member's Mark select-a-size paper towels from Sam's Club are VERY good.  

I normally shy away from off-brand paper towels -- they usually are too weak or thin and don't absorb as much or hold up to wear, so you end up using more than one, so you don't end up saving any money.  But the MM brand at Sam's are every bit as good as name-brand, IMO.  

Exception:  Viva... if I have a specific need for a dang good paper towel, I'll spend the money on Viva.  They're too expensive for everyday use, but they are really good for specific cleaning jobs, etc. 

Big fan of the blue shop towels 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Arzeena.

As a cricket fan I was going to post that but thought no one in the US would know.👍🏏

Grand dad and great g d came from cricket 🏏  families. So lots of interesting stories passed on when I was a child. I have held on to the memories. I was never interested in the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

That’s what I thought also!

it poured here but the humidity is still high🤨

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

That’s what I thought also!

it poured here but the humidity is still high🤨

It is sunny out here now.It was raining so hard just a few minutes ago.It still feels very humid but it is supposed to be cooler the rest of the week.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

One of Pauline's team died in hospital on Saturday.

Sorry to hear about Pauline's team mate.

2 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

It poured here but the humidity is still high🤨

Marietta, I believe your storm is heading our way. I mowed the lawn yesterday before the brutal heat and humidity showed up, so it can rain all it wants now.🤣😂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Grand dad and great g d came from cricket 🏏  families. So lots of interesting stories passed on when I was a child. I have held on to the memories. I was never interested in the game.

The new twenty 20 and 40 overs format has greatly improved the excitement in cricket.

The old 5 day tests are for the cricket purist's.

I have listened to test match special while driving between sales calls and on the long drives home.

Pauline doesn't like sport full stop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The new twenty 20 and 40 overs format has greatly improved the excitement in cricket.

The old 5 day tests are for the cricket purist's.

I have listened to test match special while driving between sales calls and on the long drives home.

Pauline doesn't like sport full stop.

I've watched cricket dozens of times on the ship, and am absolutely clueless. 

I do like the pictures of girls in cricket gear though😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Any good portable chargers out there?

We have a couple of these from Anker, that we take on cruises for portable charging.  Will charge an iPad once, or a phone maybe 4 times on a charge. 

8FEC3B5E-9A94-4BF6-89F5-552C3061B747.thumb.png.1982d9f986283aa044ad83b84341808c.png

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

That's funny, when I read the comment about mirrors I thought it meant that some people around here that like to call others out should go and take a good long look in one.

Good to see you back, OB. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I've watched cricket dozens of times on the ship, and am absolutely clueless. 

I do like the pictures of girls in cricket gear though😉

It helps if it is your team playing.

I know nothing about baseball or American football.

5 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Not oversharing at all.  I think everyone should use Bounty paper towels instead of napkins. 

Disclaimer...I still have a large financial stake in Bounty. 😁

And over is the only answer.

I use Bounty napkins, is that okay😁

And over is definitely the only way!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It helps if it is your team playing.

I know nothing about baseball or American football.

Odd, I understand it's very popular in the UK. 

Sellout crowds I hear

Screenshot_20220725-173104_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f08feee287ee8de4a0997e1f23090710.jpg

I'll bet I can explain baseball in less time than you can explain cricket. Football even easier.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Arzeena.

As a cricket fan I was going to post that but thought no one in the US would know.👍🏏

Other than Arzeena, you probably would have been correct.  I did a school report on cricket almost 50 years ago and understood the rules at that point.  I've long since forgotten how it's played.

• Like 2