Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I hope not too.  He was the fun dad and did all the activities with them.  I think she doesn’t know how to loosen up a bit with them.  She was the take charge, follow the rules parent.  

I don't know, but can Mom say "Your'e going with us. We need you with us! Period. Please honey?"

I believe sometimes people want to directly hear it and not be asked if they want to do something. Kind of not wanting to be burdened with decision making but Mom or dad making a decision for them for a change (?) so that they do not feel guilty of having some fun.  If you were near me I would hug you so hard Marietta! I feel for you.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

We are just flying in the day before and staying at Miami Hilton Downtown. Not sure what we will do in the evening. Any restaurants you recommend?

We always stay at the doubletree a block away and there a bridge so you don’t need to cross he street several restaurants in lobby shared by Marriott some had live music , we normally just eat in primos it itilian and has pizza also fairly good .

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do you know what other forms need to be filled out to go into Canada? Thanks.

The ArriveCAN asks for our Passport or other form of ID, as well as our Vaccination info to be downloaded.  I haven't tried the app yet, but will do so, since my Chromebook was giving me trouble downloading my info.  If you go on the CC Boards and go to  NE/Canada there is a thread on ArriveCAN.

10 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

The ArriveCAN asks for our Passport or other form of ID, as well as our Vaccination info to be downloaded.  I haven't tried the app yet, but will do so, since my Chromebook was giving me trouble downloading my info.  If you go on the CC Boards and go to  NE/Canada there is a thread on ArriveCAN.

No testing needed to enter Canada?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

If you were getting in early I was going to recommend riding on the Metromover.   It was free and takes you all around Miami.   We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Brickell.    Catty-corner was a place called Coyo Taco that has great fish tacos.  Not sure I would travel that far for it.

Not far from you is Bayside Marketplace.  We enjoyed going there.  When we were there they had live music going on.  We were there during the day.  Might be worth researching if you are looking for something to do.

My most memorable time was getting to stay a couple extra days.  😆 

My husband and I went to Bayside on our first date in 1987.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, George C said:

We always stay at the doubletree a block away and there a bridge so you don’t need to cross he street several restaurants in lobby shared by Marriott some had live music , we normally just eat in primos it itilian and has pizza also fairly good .

I like that hotel. The convenience of the mall between DT and Marriott is great. Illy coffee shop and I love Tony Chan's there too. Publix in walking distance. We have walked to Bayshore from the DT. It was quite a walk but good to digest the Cuban dinner we had.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think it's an age thing.  Now if I get more than one thing on my mind it's easy to drift. 😆 It's like when I open the drawer next to the fridge, stand there for a second wondering what I wanted then open the fridge and get a coke.  😆 

I sometimes write a text to someone, and realize the next day or so that I never did hit send😜

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Not the same situation as Marietta’s daughter, but when we were first married I’d ask DH if he wanted to go on a particular trip…. He generally enjoys staying home…so I missed out on some trips I wish we had done.  Finally I realized that however much he’d grump about traveling…once we were there he had a good time.  Once I realized this…he never got a vote again…I just tell him when and where we are going.  So much easier!

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I don't know, but can Mom say "Your'e going with us. We need you with us! Period. Please honey?"

I believe sometimes people want to directly hear it and not be asked if they want to do something. Kind of not wanting to be burdened with decision making but Mom or dad making a decision for them for a change (?) so that they do not feel guilty of having some fun.  If you were near me I would hug you so hard Marietta! I feel for you.

I think you hit on a very good point. I can remember as a kid not being in a great mood and declining some activity with friends. They simply didn't give me a choice and would just say you're coming or we won't have a very good time. In the end I was almost always glad I caved and went.

• Like 11

44 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I think it's an age thing.  Now if I get more than one thing on my mind it's easy to drift. 😆 It's like when I open the drawer next to the fridge, stand there for a second wondering what I wanted then open the fridge and get a coke.  😆 

7 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I sometimes write a text to someone, and realize the next day or so that I never did hit send😜

+ 3 .... My cooking skills extend to peeling a [purple]sweet potato and placing it in the microwave... but forgetting to tap "start"...

BTW, white or purple sweet potatoes have a "chestnut" taste. So glad we discovered them during the Covid lockdown, when we tried to shop at open farmers' market.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

2 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We finally pulled the trigger for January, ended up booking Harmony on Jan 7th for the 8 night Southern.  We’re very excited for Aruba & Curaçao as they’re both new to us.  I know someone here is also on that cruise but can’t remember who?  

It will be great to meet y’all.

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

That would be us along with a couple of our friends.  I believe @ReneeFLL is also aboard, and I am not sure if @Ocean Boy is looking at it.

Looking forward to meeting more people from Dani’s thread.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

+ 3 .... My cooking skills extend to peeling a [purple]sweet potato and placing it in the microwave... but forgetting to tap "start"...

BTW, white or purple sweet potatoes have a "chestnut" taste. So glad we discovered them during the Covid lockdown, when we tried to shop at open farmers' market.

Does the purple sweet potato have the same texture as the regular sweet potato?  I've never seen the purple.

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Nothing else other than possibly a customs form that they would give you on the ship

Thanks, for some reason I thought there were more forms or things to apply for in regards to covid testing.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Jan 7 is a bit too close to after all the Christmas and New Years stuff and time out of the office. I don't think this week will work for me.

Odyssey Feb 11th 8 night Southern Caribbean??? We/I will also be doing Harmony Jan 21 2023 8 night Eastern Caribbean but I’m not sure if Mike will be able to do that one also.

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thanks.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:42 AM, Lionesss said:

Pictures of my 4 sets of China :

First my moms. 1953 

19FD02D9-4755-46D6-927E-40CF05810165.thumb.jpeg.a719a211a138fb0bf1accc2519e78c9a.jpeg

Then Uncle Jacks from Germany. 1950s

8FA99A81-5CE9-4CBD-B140-33A805F4AFD9.thumb.jpeg.8876600559ef55d8767b6bbfa94e4e65.jpeg

Then my MIL. 1963:

BFABED99-021A-4BAA-B15C-1504D4050F23.thumb.jpeg.51113b6a1b7dd6acda7a6087a603fe13.jpeg

Finally mine 1991:

A0D8D0AA-B9F7-4BC3-850A-1235FB9927F7.thumb.jpeg.99530a86fdaebca2b37f893dfe556191.jpeg

All safely displayed. 

And we have a wash washy weekend twice a year to clean all the sets. Even though some of each gets used throughout the year. 

I love all of these, especially the top pattern with the roses. China dishes and tea parties make me so happy. And this post reminded me of the “melting” teapot art I saw on Ovation.

0F42F8D0-88CE-4A41-B04E-17488984D0D7.thumb.jpeg.efdac95075609614962e75a299c1ad2d.jpeg

485BC07F-DE0E-4B36-968D-A26D0076D9C0.thumb.jpeg.921e9d34d94548cbbcad258357b52ab5.jpeg

When we got married, the china was my favorite thing we received. We’ve used it a lot over the years. I love it so much. Here’s my pattern: 

309CE1B6-306D-4359-B628-56BCAE9242ED.thumb.jpeg.436854398c493143cab817475bd69879.jpeg

B13684F9-E31E-48CC-988D-4199FAA4418A.thumb.jpeg.0b2b180c6d84226a237b08a9ee4270ef.jpeg

Here’s my grandmother’s pattern. She lived to age 98. I have a couple of place-settings of each of our grandmother’s china.

64BE14C0-3617-420E-B6C9-7463F82C537D.thumb.jpeg.6c1c7eaf56824ac29380abdec4b26a34.jpeg

Here’s Brian’s grandmother’s pattern. She lived to be 100!

A4FB76D8-4738-4EE3-8688-EB77FC267E1A.thumb.jpeg.7df7118ea048164afee225358c33a183.jpeg

• Like 13