Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I think DD should buy a lottery ticket - 12 flights across 6 airlines, multiple countries and their baggage never got lost at all.

3 outdoor concerts, 3 outdoor music festivals and one indoor hockey game across the UK, USA and Canada in 8 weeks and neither of them got Covid.

DD landed safely home this afternoon at Sydney airport.

9D265153-F383-4283-AF99-5C27BBDA60FC.thumb.jpeg.2f2954e70a4e4dffb7d2275c366ce325.jpeg

At the same time DS checked in at Honolulu airport for his flight to Anchorage via Seattle. He is flying Delta not Southwest.

you must be pleased to have DD home after such a long time away.  But what an amazing adventure for her.  Is she at uni now or taking a break from work to travel?

• Like 2

spotted on the main board a really good price on Serenade OTS next Sept 2023, starting in Tampa, visiting the ABC islands and Coco Cay and finishing in Boston, 12 nights

Fantastic prices, balcony £712pp and large balcony £784pp overlooking the wake

Very tempted.  

Edited by sgmn
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Here's a few pics last night of the babies loving on the baby.

image.thumb.png.3aabdb6c72697cb541f2351eb2e5a710.png

image.thumb.png.5ee8c0ea82aa307c7dee7489d4dc84bf.png

At first I think Lottie was getting jealous. 

But Kenzie told her, no problem Lottie,  we can share..  

image.thumb.png.d935e2ed25215c996118c66102225abb.png

Really? 

image.thumb.png.b1efd2938a9ba482b0a5944b5d361c8a.png

Let the fun begin...

image.thumb.png.2ed7a336a0646b94fb018adc6ffb85c2.png

image.thumb.png.8f7fc75316365746fcca20e7e868888d.png

Slow down Lottie!

image.thumb.png.c2cb064e7cbf467b019ad08f25b17c86.png

Wow

image.thumb.png.9f28a07c580f0d5169288ee6b27c190e.png

image.png

They are all so precious🥰  Lottie does seem a bit unsure where Kenzie seems to be protective by nature.    Finnley looks like a beautiful baby doll with a happy smile.    💝

Someday Kenzie will be teaching Finnley how to drive😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

spotted on the main board a really good price on Serenade OTS next Sept 2023, starting in Tampa, visiting the ABC islands and Coco Cay and finishing in Boston, 12 nights

Very tempted.  

That is a fantastic price.  We love Serenade.  Will have to look into this sailing.  😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

Very tempted.  

That sailing was mentioned on the roll call for our now-cancelled Serenade Arctic Crossing. (It was a very active roll call and folks are still posting even though that cruise was cancelled over a month ago.)  The dates of the repositioning are nearly the same as the TA.  The itinerary includes the ABC islands, Grand Cayman and Cococay.  We booked a JS at a very sweet price two days ago; however, that category is now priced $900 more than what we paid.  Woo hoo!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

you must be pleased to have DD home after such a long time away.  But what an amazing adventure for her.  Is she at uni now or taking a break from work to travel?

Back to Uni.  Her next overseas trip will be England next June as travelling companion has a wedding to attend at Windsor Castle.  I didn’t realise public wedding receptions were held there but given its size it makes sense.  DD also plans to visit Hawaii again on the way over and I will join her for that portion of the trip.  Interestingly, the only flights she experienced turbulence on were to and from Hawaii. She flew Jetstar.  She likes them for domestic flights around Australia but wasn’t impressed at all by the international flight experience with them so won’t book them again for any overseas flights.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I have been researching looks like specialneedsatsea company is a good option.   Anyone know anything good or bad about them?

Early in 2020 I rented a scooter from specialneedsatsea for a cruise on Celebrity Equinox.  I had a stress fracture and was wearing a boot and was worried about too much walking.  They were fantastic to work with!!  They check to make sure that the scooter you rent will fit in the cabin you have.  (We did not have an accessible cabin.)  The scooter is delivered to your cabin…and you just leave it in the cabin at the end of the cruise.  I would suggest taking a plastic doorstop in case he’s ever alone going in or out of the cabin.  And accept my condolences on finding out what complete jerks a lot of your fellow cruisers will be.  It was absolutely amazing that I could be in the elevator bay, clearly in a scooter, people would arrive after me…and the minute an elevator appeared…they would rush on leaving no room for me. 

• Like 4

Yesterday was our first day of suffering with

” cruise withdrawal “. Why to they go at warp speed?  Then when you get home you have all that nonsense stuff to do like do the wash and clean?  
So delaying the inevitable I decided why not go to a car cruise and with it eat out.  Well it must have had to be because guess whose car was selected as one of the top four last night?

Drum roll………..

ME. 

9D920B89-1717-4BA7-B541-5C6CDD15A146.thumb.jpeg.eae924c9a9ca50ffaa3488d63bd3a4bf.jpeg

3875056B-7A0E-424E-82AD-D52F67E411C7.thumb.jpeg.a6c8e1c17c941cf0696cfca1776c3edc.jpeg

• Like 10

2 hours ago, sgmn said:

Very tempted.  

What is unusual is that Royal doesn't normally have a ship in Tampa for the summer. But, we have family in that area , and it has been growing a lot in the last few years, and especially now with a big migration into a lot of Florida. Tampa is on the west coast of the state, while we are on the east coast, less than an hour north of Ft Lauderdale. 

Edited by mo&fran
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, dbancroft said:

Anyone who has cruised lately can you tell me what a port air tax credit is? On the Oasis cruise we just finished all 7 of us received $45.95 back onto our cruise account. That was a nice surprise of $321.65 none of us had time to inquire at guest services the line was always long. We made all of our scheduled ports on scheduled time.

That may have something to do with port taxes charged at the time of your booking . Some people on the other Royal ships have also mentioned it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Hooray, Bonnie!  You are going to have a blast!  How is your ankle holding up"  I just talked to my Aunt this morning;  she will be having her ankle operated on on the 23rd.  She has had a plate in it for years and is bone on bone, among other things.

Firemen spend a lot of time on their knees also.  The surgeon couldn't believe how messed up Jim's knees were when he operated.  Lots of bits and pieces....

Good to hear that Eric is healing nicely!!!

I'm watching that Season now, while they're in Croatia!

Maryann, thanks for asking.  Rehab is slow going but at least I was able to ditch the wheelchair and replaced by a walker.  I have a follow up visit today with my surgeon (not him personally, someone in his practice) and I might be able to ditch my boot soon.  So heavy and cumbersome but helps protect my ankle.  I tried walking without the boot, with the walker, and it was painful. 

Unfortunately, I need a refill for my happy pills.  They're needed for when I have therapy.  Baby steps....

Hope your aunt has a successful surgery.

Debbie, I'm also glad that Eric is healing nicely.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

I think DD should buy a lottery ticket - 12 flights across 6 airlines, multiple countries and their baggage never got lost at all.

3 outdoor concerts, 3 outdoor music festivals and one indoor hockey game across the UK, USA and Canada in 8 weeks and neither of them got Covid.

DD landed safely home this afternoon at Sydney airport.

Wow that is incredible. I wish all air travel could be like that. So glad they made it home safely.

35 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Unfortunately, I need a refill for my happy pills.  They're needed for when I have therapy.  Baby steps....

You have to do what you have to do. My surgeon said to not feel bad if I needed a refill on my pain meds. You are getting there. Take your time. I'm wishing you all the best.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We made it to our daughter’s house in PA last night to pickup the two oldest grandsons for the road trip to Disney.  Thank goodness we brought Andy’s truck! These two are loaded up with snacks, games, blankets, pillows, etc.  We’re playing the License Plate game and I made up a travel scavenger hunt for them.  Also have a couple of books to listen to on Audible.  
I may not post much over the next week but I am reading along. 
@Sunshine3601 glad to hear Eric’s back is healing well. 
@Ozark_Kidprecious photos of those grand babies! 

• Like 10

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love chicken schnitzel.   What type of schnitzel does your DH make?

Chicken schnitzel is the only way to go 😁 Pork is not "kosher", therefore, only specialized shops carry it 😉 Veal is very expensive....

15 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Would your DIL be okay with if you taught the boys how to swim?   I think the boys would really appreciate learning from you.

If I'll dare to suggest it, she'll give me "the LOOK".... got'ta thread carefully with DILs....☹️

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Oh I also wanted to mention, I’ve been reading along on a live report over on the Celebrity boards.  Jim_Iain’s live report on the Summit.  The first leg is Bayonne to Greenland, Iceland and it’s making me want to look into this itinerary, the photos are amazing.  

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We made it to our daughter’s house in PA last night to pickup the two oldest grandsons for the road trip to Disney.  Thank goodness we brought Andy’s truck! These two are loaded up with snacks, games, blankets, pillows, etc.  We’re playing the License Plate game and I made up a travel scavenger hunt for them.  Also have a couple of books to listen to on Audible.  
I may not post much over the next week but I am reading along. 
@Sunshine3601 glad to hear Eric’s back is healing well. 
@Ozark_Kidprecious photos of those grand babies! 

Have a safe and enjoyable trip

16 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I think in the long run I will be happy that I did it and it will allow me to have a better quality of life. I'm just not there yet.

I think the big question is, "Are your pain and activity levels better or worse now than they were before the surgery?"

If you can do more with less pain than you used to be able to do, that's an overall win, even if you're not up to 100% of what you could do in your younger years. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Here's a few pics last night of the babies loving on the baby.

image.thumb.png.3aabdb6c72697cb541f2351eb2e5a710.png

image.thumb.png.5ee8c0ea82aa307c7dee7489d4dc84bf.png

At first I think Lottie was getting jealous. 

But Kenzie told her, no problem Lottie,  we can share..  

image.thumb.png.d935e2ed25215c996118c66102225abb.png

Really? 

image.thumb.png.b1efd2938a9ba482b0a5944b5d361c8a.png

Let the fun begin...

image.thumb.png.2ed7a336a0646b94fb018adc6ffb85c2.png

image.thumb.png.8f7fc75316365746fcca20e7e868888d.png

Slow down Lottie!

image.thumb.png.c2cb064e7cbf467b019ad08f25b17c86.png

Wow

image.thumb.png.9f28a07c580f0d5169288ee6b27c190e.png

image.png

I'm not diabetic, but I think I need to go borrow my roommate's vial of insulin after that huge dose of ABSOLUTE SWEETNESS!!!!

How in the heck did you get such adorable grandbabies???  Wow, so much cuteness!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

They are all so precious🥰  Lottie does seem a bit unsure where Kenzie seems to be protective by nature.    Finnley looks like a beautiful baby doll with a happy smile.    💝

Someday Kenzie will be teaching Finnley how to drive😁

Yea, it was a little different when Lottie got her turn to hold Finnley.

Her ya go Lottie.

image.thumb.png.26294e30f6191440f93531632badadb9.png

Now what?

image.thumb.png.2010b3becfd86bfa81d405da93e2fd50.png

I think she might be a little nervous 😓 

image.thumb.png.c2fe05246d9f927c197b468f59387693.png

Lottie told Kenzie,  I can't wait when she is old enough to just sit with us!

image.thumb.png.2b83a68b7ac5e206b352c10b5553acc6.png

I'll hold her again.....

image.thumb.png.fb0441886133ac24ae4156a19ba4319b.png

I understand.... It's Corrie's birthday party, let her hold her.

image.thumb.png.3ba6127475dd75b65468070e93d5bae9.png

image.thumb.png.4db77628fb3330ab87b8475d1cc2b06b.png

• Like 23
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I'm not diabetic, but I think I need to go borrow my roommate's vial of insulin after that huge dose of ABSOLUTE SWEETNESS!!!!

How in the heck did you get such adorable grandbabies???  Wow, so much cuteness!

+1

• Like 2