Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

37 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

I love SB but so true..... You want a Venti, yes please, what size duhhhhh really????, how much milk, no no like how many inches in the glass,  how much lemonade, what? lemondade in my cappucino? what name shall I put on the glass, uhh is it spelt E-r-d-e-e-m-a? NO NO not that, Here is the spelling, no points will be decucted, ok ok just call me anything. grrrrrrrr, ok, then what is your social, what is your blood group.

I am a wreck by the time I step out.

I still go, because I like the capuccino. I  just order via their app.

Now is my friend OB going to say Starbucks is the Sorrentos of Coffee? Will we open up a new can of worms?😁 Ten pages of discussions to come?😁LOL

Toby has never had the right spelling of her name on a Starbucks cup.How difficult should it be to spell that name.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Much better view than the drenching downpours we are having.

I would LOVE to have a drenching downpour right now!  We haven't seen rain for at least 3 weeks now. It has been a very dry summer.  The daily forecast is not showing rain forecasted until 10/3 with a 40% chance.  

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I hope you enjoyed the Yankees game last night.

I did. Judge had a couple of thrilling hits but nothing that left the park. Still, the crowd atmosphere was electric.

My brother has a partial season plan (20 games) & he almost always invites me. Free ticket for me but I buy most of the food & beverages so he's making out on this deal.  With Metro-North having a train station at the new stadium, it makes getting in and out a breeze...and cheaper than the $45 they charge to park. 

Our next and last game in this Sunday. Finger-crossed I  get to see a piece of history in person.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I would LOVE to have a drenching downpour right now!  We haven't seen rain for at least 3 weeks now. It has been a very dry summer.  The daily forecast is not showing rain forecasted until 10/3 with a 40% chance.  

We had one earlier this afternoon .I thought it would be a good day to call a friend who is never home on sunny days.He was home but had been out and got soaked.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Now is my friend OB going to say Starbucks is the Sorrentos of Coffee? Will we open up a new can of worms?😁 Ten pages of discussions to come?😁LOL

I have never been in a Starbucks. I am way to frugal (cheap) to spend that amount of money on a cup of coffee. I can get it for a dollar at McDonald's and I agree with @HBE4 that it is good. Even better is I can get it at the hospital for free and I think that is a very good price.🙂

• Like 10

Just now, HBE4 said:

I did. Judge had a couple of thrilling hits but nothing that left the park. Still, the crowd atmosphere was electric.

My brother has a partial season plan (20 games) & he almost always invites me. Free ticket for me but I buy most of the food & beverages so he's making out on this deal.  With Metro-North having a train station at the new stadium, it makes getting in and out a breeze...and cheaper than the $45 they charge to park. 

Out next and last game in this Sunday. Finger-crossed I  get to see a piece of history in person.

Although I am a Mets fan I have two links to the Yankees .My friend Frank Tepedino played for the team in the 60’s and Randy Levine,President of the team.Randy and I worked together in the early 90’s .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have never been in a Starbucks. I am way to frugal (cheap) to spend that amount of money on a cup of coffee. I can get it for a dollar at McDonald's and I agree with @HBE4 that it is good. Even better is I can get it at the hospital for free and I think that is a very good price.🙂

My wife was a hospital RN for nearly 30 years and never had a good cup of coffee.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

My beautiful brown grass is turning green and growing again.😑

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

I love SB but so true..... You want a Venti, yes please, what size duhhhhh really????, how much milk, no no like how many inches in the glass,  how much lemonade, what? lemondade in my cappucino? what name shall I put on the glass, uhh is it spelt E-r-d-e-e-m-a? NO NO not that, Here is the spelling, no points will be decucted, ok ok just call me anything. grrrrrrrr, ok, then what is your social, what is your blood group.

I am a wreck by the time I step out.

I still go, because I like the capuccino. I  just order via their app.

I'm still perplexed by the idea that a Grande is NOT the largest cup size.   And a tongue-twister order like a half-decaf skinny light cappuccino just makes my brain hurt. 😃

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Toby has never had the right spelling of her name on a Starbucks cup.How difficult should it be to spell that name.

Tobi

Tobee

Towbe

Towbee

ToeBee,

etc..

I can only imagine some of the more creative spellings. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Owen had football practice all week, with his first game tomorrow late afternoon.  Tomorrow night he has a rep hockey tryout game. He made the first round of cuts. 

0BF44270-1201-4F42-A788-FEA8D23846BD.thumb.jpeg.6e752d33135922819a6b911d1c9aa8c9.jpeg

Lucy last night. 

BD5F2887-5246-4358-B0B9-6E493456970B.thumb.jpeg.a0cb47cbf0dbbb21f651fbcb6120785f.jpeg

Here are some of the items purchased from Costco today. I guess all could be used at football and hockey games, but the foot and hand warmers are my main pic. 

59F3ADFE-C266-4C4C-9B09-12C4EB6B348D.thumb.jpeg.8dfdc25f8cd2a5e162e539f1a1f05148.jpeg

Doing some prep work for a week Monday. 😁

1FEEAC02-8DDC-415F-978D-B3002250749C.thumb.jpeg.f9b0383f076755cb709342f0386511cf.jpeg

• Like 21

43 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We like Starbucks .There are no WaWa’s here.

No Wawa around me either but I do enjoy stopping at them.  Sandwiches are good, maybe slightly above average as far a convenience store sandwiches go. But I really enjoy ordering them from the kiosk. Between types of bread, size of bread, to toast or not to toast the bread, toppings, etc, there was an endless amount of ways to customize a sandwich. I think I enjoyed the ordering process more than the actual sandwhich.

Speaking of sandwiches, is Quizno's still in business? I haven't seen one in ages. Used to like them as well.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I'm still perplexed by the idea that a Grande is NOT the largest cup size.   And a tongue-twister order like a half-decaf skinny light cappuccino just makes my brain hurt. 😃

My standard Starbucks order is a Grande Breve Sugar Free Vanilla Latte with 3 shots of Espresso. 😉 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

23 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My beautiful brown grass is turning green and growing again.😑

Mowed my lawn for the first time in almost 6 weeks yesterday. After this morning slow & steady drenching rain, I'll probably need to do it again this weekend. Good thing the gas didn't go stale.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

A few pictures before the heavier plastic walls go open.

This view is from the Hallway where 2 bedrooms are located at.

20220922_131348.jpg

View from Fireplace toward the Kitchen. Could never see that far before because there was a huge wall there, see wires coming up through the floor where the wall was. 

20220922_131359.jpg

This view is from coming in from the garage into the kitchen.

20220922_131418.jpg

This view from the front door.

20220922_132204.jpg

This view from the old pantry that was in the corner, could never see this before.......the new fridge location will now have this view.

20220922_132218.jpg

This view from fireplace to the kitchen area.

20220922_132758.jpg

This view from hallway when coming from the 2 bedrooms on this end of the house.

20220922_132851.jpg

This is going to be the "Money Shot" though, when coming in the  front door , you can now see both the  Fireplace, Sunroom and the  Outside Deck . Before could never see the outside deck from the front door.

20220922_133544.jpg

Already looks so much better being opened up.    This will look great when done.    What is their expected timeline to have the project complete?   Sorry if you said and I missed it.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Spoken like a true New Englander.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Now this is a proper birthday breakfast for our Pennsylvania grandson today before school. 

F186A149-A752-43EC-A192-1CDE95B3AF09.thumb.jpeg.4940b63eccb35e06aed10f955f3a6939.jpeg

We are taking him out to dinner after school to celebrate.  His choice, so we don’t know where we will end up yet. The big party will be on the weekend. 

Happy 10th Birthday to your handsome grandson!!!!🎂

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Much better view than the drenching downpours we are having.

It's been pouring here since 11:00 am here.  We really did need it!

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My father was one of 15.I only knew one sister and one brother .

My mother was one of 15 and the same there I only knew a sister and a brother.My mother and my father each lost siblings who died in concentration camps.I am an only child.I had red hair and my parents had brown hair as did their siblings who I knew.

I'm so sorry to hear this, Lenny😢

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

You know you go to Starbucks too much, when they greet you by name and hand you your drinks when you walk in the door.  Going there 3 or 4 times a week is a habit I would like to break.

Just like those Carmel lattes too much.

I've never developed a taste for coffee. Listening to you guys makes me happy I didn't.

My FIL used to visit , and he started a pot every morning, and it did smell good. Not enough to try it.

I did develop a taste for liquor. 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

No Wawa around me either but I do enjoy stopping at them.  Sandwiches are good, maybe slightly above average as far a convenience store sandwiches go. But I really enjoy ordering them from the kiosk. Between types of bread, size of bread, to toast or not to toast the bread, toppings, etc, there was an endless amount of ways to customize a sandwich. I think I enjoyed the ordering process more than the actual sandwhich.

Speaking of sandwiches, is Quizno's still in business? I haven't seen one in ages. Used to like them as well.

My grandsons love the sandwiches at WaWa.  I very rarely order coffee out.  My 2 cups at home in the morning are all I really need or want;  EXCEPT for this time of the year....I love the WaWa Pumpkin spice coffee.  Yum!!

24 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Already looks so much better being opened up.    This will look great when done.    What is their expected timeline to have the project complete?   Sorry if you said and I missed it.

@Jimbo...you aren't kidding, Debbie.  Jim's house is going to look pretty awesome!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1