Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

hi everyone, this is me.  Doing a TR from the dark side on the Aus/NZ forum.  It’s not RCI so I won’t link it  but it’s there if you want to check it out (not live).C8E11C74-B530-443B-9EEA-C8A65D922BD5.thumb.jpeg.27c5929a2ba01bf9d1859ca7d8f3c377.jpeg

EECA9B1A-079E-4E2C-BB51-BA54141CB6A4.thumb.jpeg.ef61a8170167ece713104d0a174b783d.jpeg

65E4B24E-8B5D-454E-9BEF-D58F7B0BB5CC.thumb.jpeg.14189c4891f615b41747d52e009becee.jpeg

I found your review, and am following along.  We last sailed Coral Princess in 2014 to the Panama Canal.  I thought I recognized that cabin decor. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

What was your favorite beach?

I know I wasn't asked but will chime in.

We love both Eagle and Mambo beach.   The set up for Mambo is more resort like with lots of loungers, beach bars, etc. where Eagle you can just go off on your own and not be surrounded by a lot of people.

Answer depends on what you are in the mood for, IMO.

• Like 3

Lizzy is 12 weeks old today. 
Our best buddy. 

When she recharges her batteries she walks all over us till she finds the comfy spot and collapses. It could be on your lap or longways with her head on your shoulder. 

Play time consists of 

Zoomies

Hiding behind curtains

Looking out front windows

As well as playing with window chimes. 

Favorite toys

Wine corks

pipe cleaners. 

Bad habits 

Attack mode when ignored   South paw to be exact. 
Getting comfy on tables. 

When she restles no claws or biting. Just grabbing on like an octopus. 

Very friendly. Her “ Meows” are so soft and sweet. 

Lover girl. You can hear her motor running in the next room.  (((((PURR))))!

Picture of one of her perches. 

B5B9A7D2-3AC6-418A-AA3B-91874BDE052C.thumb.jpeg.08375dea0255e3722244670bcd058fbd.jpeg

• Like 21

6 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

Our best buddy. 

When she recharges her batteries she walks all over us till she finds the comfy spot and collapses. It could be on your lap or longways with her head on your shoulder. 

Play time consists of 

Zoomies

Hiding behind curtains

Favorite toys

Wine corks

pipe cleaners. 

Bad habits 

Getting comfy on tables. 

B5B9A7D2-3AC6-418A-AA3B-91874BDE052C.thumb.jpeg.08375dea0255e3722244670bcd058fbd.jpeg

Sounds like such a good kitty.  Lots of love for years to come.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, at least that should keep you out of CC jail today.

LOL

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I found your review, and am following along.  We last sailed Coral Princess in 2014 to the Panama Canal.  I thought I recognized that cabin decor. 

We sailed on the Island Princess on the Panama Canal. The blue floor mat on the balcony was always a Princess “thing”.

We sailed on them exclusively until we sailed on Oasis of the Seas, and it was pretty much RC from there. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lionesss said:

Our best buddy. 

Play time consists of 

Zoomies

Hiding behind curtains

Favorite toys

Wine corks

pipe cleaners. 

Bad habits 

Getting comfy on tables. 

They look so cute one minute and then something triggers in their heads and in an instant they turn into raging maniacs.☺️

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

We sailed on them exclusively until we sailed on Oasis of the Seas, and it was pretty much RC from there. 

We had the problem of spreading the wealth around.  Carnival, NCL, Princess, Celebrity, and Royal.  

We are now pretty exclusive to Royal or Celebrity, depending on the deal.  

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

LOL

We sailed on the Island Princess on the Panama Canal. The blue floor mat on the balcony was always a Princess “thing”.

We love celebrity suite perks and rccl entertainment, the one other line we will book is MSc yacht club. Doubt we will cruise any of the others which we did in the past.

• Like 1

Beautiful Fall day here is Southwest Virginia

High today of 55 degrees,  but  later tonight our first freeze/frost warning. tonight. Will be covering my Banana Peppers so they last a little longer.

20221008_101912.thumb.jpg.9af72c88aff772e501716b86b69e55cf.jpg

20221008_101920.thumb.jpg.02cc11a0864982ccdf543db7b489f61f.jpg

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 10

12 hours ago, brillohead said:

I've been to Eagle Beach a few times... it's just a beach day for me, no snorkeling.  It is a beautiful beach.... stretches both directions as far as the eye can see. The waves are a bit stronger here, depending on the weather.

I've thought about taking the bus, but a cab is only $15, and I usually have at least one other person to split the cost with, so it's more convenient (and easier on my bad knees) to just take a taxi instead of walking into town for the bus. 

Mambo Beach is nice.  There are rocks all across the outer edge so the waves are really mild to non-existent.  There are several beach clubs along the length of the beach -- rent a chair, get food/drink, etc.  There are a lot of rocks/coral as you're entering the water, so you might want to bring water shoes, but once you're in past your knees, it's sandy.  There is decent snorkeling along the rocks, and you can go all the way to the left and go outside the rocks if you want more reef action for snorkeling.  And there are all kinds of stores and restaurants on two different levels.

To get to the taxi stand, you have to turn right at the end of the pier, past all the buses for Royal excursions, and walk through/past the area where they're selling tours and continue on until you see a small roof/tent/shelter on the left.  I think it says "TAXI" on it, or there's a sign right next to it that says "TAXI".  They wait until they have a handful of people who want to go to Mambo Beach, and then it's $8pp each direction. 

Where they drop you off at the beach is where you get a taxi to come back, too -- same deal, they wait until they have at least 4-5 people before they make the trip.  One time there were three of us, and they offered to take us right then for $25 instead of $8pp... it was worth it to me to pay the extra dollar and not have to wait around at that point.

Here's a little map of the Curacao port.  Every time I've been there, there has been a Carnival ship at the pier in front of the Tour Sales, so I'm assuming Allure will dock where Explorer did.  

Curaçao-Google-Maps.png

Thanks for the details on that.  I need to research Mambo.  There will be 5 of us on this cruise. 

• Like 1

It has been hard to keep up here.  So busy the last two weeks and several good Live Reviews to keep up with.  Not slowing down this week.  Besides getting ready to leave I need to get the garden prepped to plant garlic before we leave.  I was in the garden hours yesterday.   So much my leg was cramping that evening. Good thing Kenzie was visiting.   She ran over and started rubbing on it..... Gpa OK, Gpa OK?  😆 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
  • Like 12

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Beautiful Fall day here is Southwest Virginia

High today of 55 degrees,  but  later tonight our first freeze/frost warning. tonight. Will be covering my Banana Peppers so they last a little longer.

20221008_101912.thumb.jpg.9af72c88aff772e501716b86b69e55cf.jpg

20221008_101920.thumb.jpg.02cc11a0864982ccdf543db7b489f61f.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing another well pitched Mets baseball game this evening😀

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

I am looking forward to seeing another well pitched Mets baseball game this evening😀

Buck has a handle on it, He knows Best. Not !

I have a question why is Tampa Bay starting a pitcher today at Noon that has only played 2 games all season. Is their coach saving their starters for next season because right now they are down 1-0 to Cleveland?

4 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My ex-Brooklyn BIL became an instant Mets fan when his beloved Dodgers abandoned Brooklyn for California.  His son followed and named his dog Shea to honor Shea Stadium.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Last week we caught a pic of Finnley with her eyes open.

image.thumb.png.947b288951473fae1c1b859b2b04c929.png

And of course another pic of Kenzie wanting to take care of her.

image.thumb.png.e68511cc1e00b7b109ff61ae70beb0a4.png

Kenzie likes to make sure all is well.  Such an Angel. 

image.thumb.png.b83a6b98e2c8866bd0f2e77544bf8d75.png

OMG how cute are those kids???!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We are currently watching youth soccer ️ games.  Between games Kenzie decided to get in some practice. 

Your weather looks so much nicer than ours.

Just got home from our grandson’s football game.  Another win, 22-6, and they remain undefeated.  It was a cool 41° with light rain at game time. 

Now we are ready to leave to watch our granddaughter cheer at her away game.   At least the sun is out now. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

My ex-Brooklyn BIL became an instant Mets fan when his beloved Dodgers abandoned Brooklyn for California.  His son followed and named his dog Shea to honor Shea Stadium.

I never gave up my love for the Dodgers and still root for them except when they play the Mets. Many people who are older than your BIL and I never forgave the Dodgers for leaving .It was a special time for kids who had a baseball team so close to where they lived.I am referring to your BIL and I and not the older fans.

• Like 2