Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, sgmn said:

So I'm having ongoing problems using the CC site on my phone . Often things I'm signed in it, it's telling me to sign in, posts don't post, I can't like. Signing in and out doesn't always help or does for a while, then it goes again . So frustrating. May have to try the main pc.

I'm having the same issues on the PC.

47 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are booked in the same corner aft balcony on Adventure next month that we had on Liberty in 2019. I was so happy when I discovered that Adventure also had had this type of cabin. The balcony is huge; you can see 90* through the back as well as the side circular window - but the price is the same as regular balcony cabins. Can't wait.

AdventAft.thumb.jpg.e51916869e2264cbec71d7152ffb8b5a.jpg

They are great cabins and do sell out fast.   You will love it😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We are booked in the same corner aft balcony on Adventure next month that we had on Liberty in 2019. I was so happy when I discovered that Adventure also had had this type of cabin. The balcony is huge; you can see 90* through the back as well as the side circular window - but the price is the same as regular balcony cabins. Can't wait.

AdventAft.thumb.jpg.e51916869e2264cbec71d7152ffb8b5a.jpg

We have a corner aft sky suite on celebrity Beyond next month , totally love the view from these cabins and view . Also extra size . Flying home this afternoon will be happy to get to a warmer climate, although we had good weather for Denver, we went to Denver some 20 years ago in September for another wedding and had a couple of inches of snow. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, George C said:

We have a corner aft sky suite on celebrity Beyond next month , totally love the view from these cabins and view . Also extra size . Flying home this afternoon will be happy to get to a warmer climate, although we had good weather for Denver, we went to Denver some 20 years ago in September for another wedding and had a couple of inches of snow. 

Safe travels!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Boss had cleaners come in this weekend to do a deep clean of the building.    Around 7 am I heard from 2 of my associates in my accounting dept. and they both tested positive and heard that 1 other girl in another dept. tested positive this weekend too.    So far we are 8 out of 20 that work in the office.   

I have no idea about the others that work in other departments yet.    2 of the guys had covid a couple of weeks ago so I guess they will be running things

We have an older woman that just finished chemo treatments last week.    She wanted to come back to work today.   She has been out for the last 3 months battling cancer.     Boss told her to stay home until things calm down in the office.    He also said we will be back to full masks at all times and if he finds anyone not wearing their mask they will be sent home with no pay.   '

Everyone please stay safe.     Seems like the fall wave is upon us.    I have heard from several people that either they have covid or their family or friends have covid.    

Even though I feel much better than Thursday night and Friday I am still battling congestion and fatigue.    

Sounds like your Boss has come to his senses and that he is trying to guard against this becoming more serious then it all ready is. Sounds like something I mentioned earlier that there would be more positives in your work space.

15 hours ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Sounds like you won’t be extending that olive beach again anytime soon.

I am going through so many tests atm.  Post cruise & allergies and daughter getting back to back colds with everyone sick at her workplace.  

I'm glad I did and would do it again.  Hope your daughter feels better.

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I mowed the lawn.  A whole 1/2 acre. Took almost an hour. And packed my bag for a 2 night stay in Atlantic City.

Oh, and made a pot of coffee.  So yeah, I was pretty busy too.😆

You did more than me.  Here I sit on my recliner delving through all my favoite CC threads.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Praying your daughter has many more good days than bad.

I hope Susan's sister recovers quickly.  That's quite a high fever.  

Bonnie,I took another Covid Booster vaccination today.The pharmacy texted me afterward to keep a record of the vaccination and it stated that the vaccine was authorized at 217 Grand St.,Manhattan.I have no idea what that means but every time I see a reference to Grand St.I remember that my father wanted to live in the Hillman houses but could not convince my mother to move there.If he was successful who knows who I may have grown up with😀

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I'm so glad your husband is better but so sad for you that. your trip was interrupted.  

Thank you so very much!   It is much appreciated!😊

16 hours ago, Lionesss said:

New work station for the man cave 

9275869A-3511-4D71-804B-38BAD055286A.thumb.jpeg.9df6dcb31531f7d661945aa23d3948a3.jpeg

Most men's dream!!!!

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I mowed the lawn.  A whole 1/2 acre. Took almost an hour. And packed my bag for a 2 night stay in Atlantic City.

Oh, and made a pot of coffee.  So yeah, I was pretty busy too.😆

Enjoy your stay in AC.  Win big!!!!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Sounds like your Boss has come to his senses and that he is trying to guard against this becoming more serious then it all ready is. Sounds like something I mentioned earlier that there would be more positives in your work space.

The business owner is doing everything he can to keep his business operating while still giving clients the services they pay for and expect.   Not every business can work from home.   

We all expected more positive cases, just hope there aren't anymore.  

And hope everyone remains mild. 

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 10

15 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Yankees live to play another day. No 9th inning magic today from the Cleveland Indi, er,  Guardians.  Very routine and boring 9th inning.

Considering that the Yankees were 1 strike away from winning last nights game, this series could've been over.  Should be a good game tomorrow. My fearless prediction: one of the teams is going home.

Also, Jets, Giants and Bills won. Good day for NY sports.

The only New York team is the Bills.Re the baseball game tonight ,Terry Franconia is supposedly one of the best Managers of all time but I do not understand why he is not starting a rested Bieber and is going with a guy who has an ERA of over 4.

• Like 2

We got home from our month long trip on Saturday.  I'm finally caught up here, and just about caught up from the trip.  Still a little bit of laundry to do and a couple more posts to make on the live review. 

Our local Bills Mafia group enjoyed watching the game yesterday at our local bar.  We are now officially a Bills Mafia Chapter, as recognized by the team

IMG_9913.thumb.jpg.161a454008bf6ea8daaa3153c427c61c.jpg

Our chapter leader also created a logo and made shirts for everyone last year. There's a banner with the logo hanging in the bar.  The group is large enough (typically 20-40 people) that we've been given our own corner with 2 big TVs. 😁

IMG_9916.thumb.jpg.a5d5a845442be5aa657987f3d6a04a9f.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

The only New York team is the Bills.Re the baseball game tonight ,Terry Franconia is supposedly one of the best Managers of all time but I do not understand why he is not starting a rested Bieber and is going with a guy who has an ERA of over 4.

Bieber will probably pitch later in the game to possibly close the game.

@FromSea2ShiningSeaThank you so much, Helen.  Jim is feeling good, just still pretty much exhausted.

Our Guardian Angel is always watching over us.  I know exactly the coin that you are talking about.  Every once in a while, they pop up in the mail.  Last year while in our Condo, I saw one and didn't know where it came from??

What an awful ordeal the man in the train station is and has been going through with his poor wife.  We all have to count our blessings.  Thank you for sharing this with us.  I'm so glad that you and Marty were able to go on your trip.  How are you feeling?🌹

We had to cancel a Transatlantic to Iceland in 2019 a week before, since I had gotten ill.  We just never know.....Once again, thank goodness for travel insurance.😉

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

I had one of the best steaks of my life yesterday at a little place in Claremont CA called The Meat Cellar.  I had the Prime Tomahawk (apx. 2 lbs)  It was truly spectacular.  I'll definitely be going back.

IMG_0012.jpeg

Were you able to eat the whole thing?????

33 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

The business owner is doing everything he can to keep his business operating while still giving clients the services they pay for and expect.   Not every business can work from home.   

I totally understand. That was the situation I was in during the 2020 - we all went in to the office and did the best we could. And we were fine. Not everyone can just lock everything down as if it's no big deal. Especially now. We are past that point.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hey Ken @Ourusualbeach...how is Vikki doing?

Wow, she has been running me so ragged getting this, getting that doing this, that I haven't even had time to post an update on here.  So far behind in this thread that I doubt I'll be able to catch up.

Just kidding.  She is actually doing amazing and will be returning back to work next week if all goes well at her Dr's appointment tomorrow.  The last time she was there he said that she could start putting weight on it and after a couple days she was walking without crutches...just the air cast.

She has actually felt guilty about taking the time off but there is a big difference between one or 2 thousand steps a day with lots of rest during the day and doing 10 to 12 thousand steps a day without a break and having to move at a quicker pace.

Busy here having our backyard redone....just waiting for a dry day now for the polymeric sand and they are done.  Photos once it's all complete.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1