Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

Had an unusually cool (& windy) day weather wise in Sydney today.  Yesterday, we had a morning kayaking tour booked in Manly but that got cancelled due to big swells (the Manly ferries were rock n rolling across the heads).

The good news is the forecast for next Sunday (Christmas Day) is looking good.  Sunny & 28C (84F).  Perfect for sitting out on the deck and enjoying a Christmas lunch with family and going for a walk along and a swim at the beach after.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

We're leaving tomorrow to spend Christmas with our daughters in Cincinnati.

Safe travels for your trip.   Christmas Day is supposed to be the coldest day for the next 10 days here. 

1273096E-2C41-4109-A295-4C061E1C3DF1.thumb.jpeg.cca0cc228d62711da6762edd25f70a80.jpeg

Our plan is to be somewhere warmer.  We leave next week for Ft. Lauderdale. Our kids and grandkids will join us there at the house we have rented. Already have our reservations for our Christmas and New Years meals booked. 

Our grandson in California wrote to Santa and asked him to come early, since he wouldn’t be home for Christmas.  It was an amusing letter. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

Now, for my conspiracy theory of the day.  Big Brother is reading CC posts.  

I know there was some talk a couple days ago about getting prints enlarged for wall art, and the site Easy Canvas Prints was mentioned.  Although I have never used that site, nor have I searched for that site, what shows up in my email this morning?

An ad for Easy Canvas Prints!  Hmmmm!

Just be thankfully you did have emails of light house cookies in your email. 

• Haha 8

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

Our grandson in California wrote to Santa and asked him to come early, since he wouldn’t be home for Christmas.  It was an amusing letter. 

That reminds me that in November I sent away for one of those letters that kids get from Santa to my daughters, daughter to be.

I hope my granddaughter arrives before the letter!

Take care

Enjoy your getaway.

Be safe

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

E21F99CE-0C0A-4E95-80F6-92224A1DCDDA.thumb.jpeg.a12fb485be92b9a37bd6e2de8543a7a0.jpeg

After dinner we walked over to Rockefeller Center to see the tree.  
E690B979-1609-400A-82F0-6F18D2244BFA.thumb.png.3447ce92552c67e9b0d630f02d4ac3c8.png

9AE39D14-785D-4E84-8BD1-EC5E30A1E347.thumb.jpeg.a4cead8194ae112ecb1314d1c5c97ab4.jpeg

72DD0ECE-E785-4EEC-B048-5DC8F0ECAD20.thumb.jpeg.e2764aaf70dc761034d31d4828c7f1db.jpeg

Today was cold & sunny so we skipped Ubers and walked everywhere. We had tickets to the Intrepid Museum. I can’t recommend this enough if you visit the city. It was interesting, informative and thoroughly entertaining.  Make sure you include the Concorde experience.  Afterwards we walked through Times Square.  It was crazy crowded.  We grabbed lunch, then headed back to hotel to get our bags and back to Grand Central to catch the train north.  Fun trip, but I didn’t take nearly as many pictures as I wanted to!

Loved your pictures!

We did the Intrepid some time back when we boarded a Norwegian ship next door. We dropped our luggage and then walked over to tour the Intrepid before boarding. I agree it was quite the experience.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great game last night, although I much prefer when they don't need last minute heroics to win.  Took me at least an hour to calm down after the game before I could go to sleep.  Good to see that the offense has some spark again.  Looks like Josh's elbow is feeling better.  Assuming they get by the Bears, the Bengals game will be huge, although all 3 remaining games are huge if they're to hold onto the #1 seed.

Bengals game is Monday night should be a great game we have house guest that weekend from Buffalo he has season tickets to bills , I sure the bars in Buffalo went crazy last night, our brother in law also has season tickets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Great game last night, although I much prefer when they don't need last minute heroics to win.  Took me at least an hour to calm down after the game before I could go to sleep.  Good to see that the offense has some spark again.  Looks like Josh's elbow is feeling better.  Assuming they get by the Bears, the Bengals game will be huge, although all 3 remaining games are huge if they're to hold onto the #1 seed.

Don't think Josh Allen will even feel his elbow on Christmas Eve in Chicago...........The high is 9 degrees with 24 mph winds with even higher gusts forecasted, Wind chill factor will be  -12 degrees for the game or lower..😲

Might be tough to pass, will just be both quarterbacks running the ball. Better hope Allen can handle the hits in the cold.

Eagles play in Chicago today. Going to be  balmy for the game today 24 degrees with 14 mph wind for feel like temperature 12 degrees. 😎

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re home from our whirlwind weekend in NYC with our friends.  We drove to New Haven CT yesterday morning and took the train into Grand Central station.  It was a miserable, cold, rainy & windy day, so we took an Uber to our hotel & dropped off bags, then another Uber down near the 9/11 memorial.  Grabbed some delicious pizza then headed to the 9/11 Museum.  It was so moving and just amazingly well done.  I do have to say I was a bit disappointed in our walk through what I think was referred to as the Historical section.  It’s a fully enclosed area near the end of the tour where they let in groups of people.  Unfortunately they let SO many people in that it was nearly impossible to get near or see any exhibits.  It was shoulder to shoulder and very claustrophobic.  I suspect this was done because it was nearing the end of the day and they wanted to allow as many people as possible to have access.  So if you plan on visiting, I recommend you get tickets for early in the day.  
We had dinner reservations at Gallagher’s Steakhouse near the theater district and it was fantastic.  167B9251-EF73-4C69-A912-E602FB170E8D.thumb.jpeg.50bd2dfc90d0860da3cdf8aecea99ba1.jpeg

Andy and I had the Porterhouse for two. Hands down, the best steak we’ve ever eaten. 
E21F99CE-0C0A-4E95-80F6-92224A1DCDDA.thumb.jpeg.a12fb485be92b9a37bd6e2de8543a7a0.jpeg

After dinner we walked over to Rockefeller Center to see the tree.  
E690B979-1609-400A-82F0-6F18D2244BFA.thumb.png.3447ce92552c67e9b0d630f02d4ac3c8.png

9AE39D14-785D-4E84-8BD1-EC5E30A1E347.thumb.jpeg.a4cead8194ae112ecb1314d1c5c97ab4.jpeg

72DD0ECE-E785-4EEC-B048-5DC8F0ECAD20.thumb.jpeg.e2764aaf70dc761034d31d4828c7f1db.jpeg

Today was cold & sunny so we skipped Ubers and walked everywhere. We had tickets to the Intrepid Museum. I can’t recommend this enough if you visit the city. It was interesting, informative and thoroughly entertaining.  Make sure you include the Concorde experience.  Afterwards we walked through Times Square.  It was crazy crowded.  We grabbed lunch, then headed back to hotel to get our bags and back to Grand Central to catch the train north.  Fun trip, but I didn’t take nearly as many pictures as I wanted to!

I was going to go to the city yesterday but decided I wasn't in the mood to drive to West Haven or deal with the Time Square crowds. I do like the vendors in Central Park around Columbus Circle this time of year.

I really like the Intrepid museum. The last time I was there was before they acquired one of the space shuttles. I need to get back there for a visit to see what has changed.

I noticed you said you go from New Haven. Are you aware that it you drive the extra 5-10 minutes to West Haven you can park in the metro North parking lot for free on weekends and Hollidays?

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Safe travels for your trip.   Christmas Day is supposed to be the coldest day for the next 10 days here. 

Our plan is to be somewhere warmer.  

Our preferred plan would have been to have the kids come to Florida.  They don't have enough time off this year to make that work.  Time to dig out whatever warm clothing we still have.  

35 minutes ago, George C said:

Bengals game is Monday night should be a great game we have house guest that weekend from Buffalo he has season tickets to bills , I sure the bars in Buffalo went crazy last night, our brother in law also has season tickets.

My brother still lives in Buffalo and has had season tickets for more than 30 years.  He said last night was one of the best/most fun games that he's been to.  

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Don't think Josh Allen will even feel his elbow on Christmas Eve in Chicago...........The high is 9 degrees with 24 mph winds with even higher gusts forecasted, Wind chill factor will be  -12 degrees for the game or lower..😲

Might be tough to pass, will just be both quarterbacks running the ball. Better hope Allen can handle the hits in the cold.

Eagles play in Chicago today. Going to be  balmy for the game today 24 degrees with 14 mph wind for feel like temperature 12 degrees. 😎

Low temps won't be a big deal.  Both teams are used to that.  I think Allen has an advantage in higher winds.  His arm is strong enough that he can throw through all but very windy conditions.  I agree though...will be a lot of running from both QBs.  Allen's huge body is much better suited to taking hits in the cold than Fields.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

That reminds me that in November I sent away for one of those letters that kids get from Santa to my daughters, daughter to be.

I hope my granddaughter arrives before the letter!

Take care

Enjoy your getaway.

Be safe

Here is something to put on your Christmas list for your granddaughter to be.   Make sure her parents set up a 529 college account for her.   Then you can add to it.

We add to our grandkids accounts for Christmas, and every other holiday you can think of, plus their birthdays.  Although ours are 10 years old for the two boys and 7 for our granddaughter, they all have significant amounts in their accounts for college already. 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, molly361 said:

Boarding the Wonder tomorrow for a 6 night cruise.  Bought the UDP .  6 night trip.  

@molly361 Ellen, DH (who composed) and I wish you a very enjoyable cruise. Here's a preview --

"Vine and sea" -- Two minutes of relaxation -
Open speakers and push HD for best quality

13 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

We’re home from our whirlwind weekend in NYC with our friends.  

Lovely pictures of Andy, you and NY, thanks for sharing

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our preferred plan would have been to have the kids come to Florida.  They don't have enough time off this year to make that work.  Time to dig out whatever warm clothing we still have.  

My brother still lives in Buffalo and has had season tickets for more than 30 years.  He said last night was one of the best/most fun games that he's been to.  

Low temps won't be a big deal.  Both teams are used to that.  I think Allen has an advantage in higher winds.  His arm is strong enough that he can throw through all but very windy conditions.  I agree though...will be a lot of running from both QBs.  Allen's huge body is much better suited to taking hits in the cold than Fields.

I just think Josh means so much for the Bill's success. I  know management for the Bill's cringe every time they see Josh run.  I bet the Bears play the game like they have nothing to lose really, they are a dangerous team when they play like that.

Eagles game today in Chicago scares me too with Cowboys up next for the Eagles. They could be looking ahead and think the Chicago game is all ready in the bag. 

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@molly361 Ellen, DH (who composed) and I wish you a very enjoyable cruise. Here's a preview --

"Vine and sea" -- Two minutes of relaxation -
Open speakers and push HD for best quality

Lovely pictures of Andy, you and NY, thanks for sharing

Very nice Dani. You have a very talented husband.

@molly361 Ellen, let me add my wishes that you have a WONDERful cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Here is something to put on your Christmas list for your granddaughter to be.   Make sure her parents set up a 529 college account for her.   Then you can add to it.

We add to our grandkids accounts for Christmas, and every other holiday you can think of, plus their birthdays.  Although ours are 10 years old for the two boys and 7 for our granddaughter, they all have significant amounts in their accounts for college already. 

We have 529 accounts for our grandkids too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I just think Josh means so much for the Bill's success. I  know management for the Bill's cringe every time they see Josh run.  I bet the Bears play the game like they have nothing to lose really, they are a dangerous team when they play like that.

Eagles game today in Chicago scares me too with Cowboys up next for the Eagles. They could be looking ahead and think the Chicago game is all ready in the bag. 

The only team from NY has not played in a Super Bowl in nearly 30 years.

GO BILLS.

• Like 1

@Momof3gurlzI was pleased to read your post about your visit to NYC. You did a lot in the time you were there. That is a lovely photo of both of you with the tree. Your post made me nostalgic about our visits there.

My hubby and I used to go into the City a few days after New Year’s while the decorations were still up, but the crowds had gone.

We had two steakhouses we enjoyed- Rothman’s which has closed and Smith and Wolensky - not sure if they reopened after a fire.

When we do get back to the City,we will try Gallagher’s. We are familiar with the name,just haven’t gone there -yet.

Wishing all who celebrate Hanukkah a very pleasant and blessed holiday.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jack has his eyes glued to the World Cup.  Argentina won.  Lots of hugging and crying, tears of joy for the winners, tears of sadness for France.  I have no idea who he's rooting for.  Crowds seem very sedate.  Must be full of French folks?

We woke up to frost covering everything outside.  Temp now is a bearable 54.  Friday will dip down to a "high" of 24.  no snow in the forecast and I hope we don't get one of our famous ice storms.

Since this is the last weekend before Christmas, no shopping for us today even though we could use a trip to the supermarket.  So many refer to them as grocery stores which remind me of our neighborhood small, family owned grocery stores.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@Momof3gurlzI was pleased to read your post about your visit to NYC. You did a lot in the time you were there. That is a lovely photo of both of you with the tree. Your post made me nostalgic about our visits there.

My hubby and I used to go into the City a few days after New Year’s while the decorations were still up, but the crowds had gone.

We had two steakhouses we enjoyed- Rothman’s which has closed and Smith and Wolensky - not sure if they reopened after a fire.

When we do get back to the City,we will try Gallagher’s. We are familiar with the name,just haven’t gone there -yet.

MJ🙋🏻

Gallagher’s was a speak easy a hundred years ago, I normally don’t get steak when visiting New York City rather have Italian, Chinese or French, but had a great steak in Delmonicos which is in Wall Street area. 

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack has his eyes glued to the World Cup.  Argentina won.  Lots of hugging and crying, tears of joy for the winners, tears of sadness for France.  I have no idea who he's rooting for.  Crowds seem very sedate.  Must be full of French folks?

We woke up to frost covering everything outside.  Temp now is a bearable 54.  Friday will dip down to a "high" of 24.  no snow in the forecast and I hope we don't get one of our famous ice storms.

Since this is the last weekend before Christmas, no shopping for us today even though we could use a trip to the supermarket.  So many refer to them as grocery stores which remind me of our neighborhood small, family owned grocery stores.

15 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

We were also glued, rooted for Argentina... It was nerve wrecking... Eldest son rooted for France. All in the family.

What a great final.  I wasn't rooting for either team and could just enjoy the match.  I hate to see it settled by penalty kicks, but that tells you how evenly matched the teams were.  

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

MJ🙋🏻

I have dined at Gallagher’s but I do not eat steak .The food was very good.

I have shrimp there.

One of the things I loved about working in Manhattan 40 plus years was the opportunity to be there this time of year .It was so beautiful.

• Like 3