Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I think you mean this Thursday, April 13th game. It's the last game of the regular season & also fan appreciation night. There is usually a few special ceremonies that night. Usually, each player on the Rangers will give away a autographed jersey off their back to 20 lucky fans. There may be some autographed sticks given away also. I never enter those kinds of things.

I won't be at that game however. Traditionally, my nephew & I will go to the first & last game of the season but it didn't work out this year. I did, however, buy tickets to 2 playoff games in the first round and 2 more in the second round (fingers-crossed). It doesn't seem like the Rangers are going to have home-ice advantage this year so I'll be going to Games 3 & 6.

It is the Rod Gilbert Memorial Game at Chelsea Piers. Rangers greats from various years will be there to meet fans 

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Good luck with the Neurologist tomorrow, Lenny.  I sure hope he has some new suggestions since you last saw him a year ago!

Thanks for the reminder, OB!  Since I'm now back in NJ, I'm back to Streaming my shows on Peacock!😉

Thanks,Maryann.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Made no sense to wait to call for help.  They lost a whole day!

I don't understand how a boat has such a big problem and no one knows until just before a charter starts. They worry about the boat looking pretty and shining the stainless but no one stays on top of the mechanical parts?

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't understand how a boat has such a big problem and no one knows until just before a charter starts. They worry about the boat looking pretty and shining the stainless but no one stays on top of the mechanical parts?

Hate to break it to you OB, but I think these shows are loosely scripted.  The big problem that you're talking about was probably planned to create drama.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jagsfan said:

I have the recorder app. I wish to heck I’d have thought of recording Bill’s voicemail. 
Thanks for reminding me. 
I reinstalled all of my apps I could think  of. 
A little while ago I needed the flashlight and realized I didn’t think of it. 
I’m sure there will be more to come!

Some people believe that the best thing to do with a new phone is to start from scratch and reload any apps that you need as you need them, rather than restore everything.  It's a way to clean out all of the old apps that you previously installed but no longer really need.  Personally, I take the reload everything approach.  That's why I'm paying for all of that phone memory.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

What does Bone Marrow Canoes taste like?

Tastes like chicken 😁

But really... it is difficult to pinpoint.  If you've had Ossobuco before, where the bones are cut transversely, the marrow texture is similar.  But the flavor profile takes on what you spread on top.  We just spooned the marrow on home made garlic crostinis like you would with a Foie Gras Paté spread.  It is mostly a texture experience, so some will totally dislike it, and some will relish it.

dp

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

It takes place in Sardinia Italy. I'm excited about that!

Si, di sicuro.

9 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe it’s Russian owned and they can’t get fuel or parts?🤔😉😂

7 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Hate to break it to you OB, but I think these shows are loosely scripted.  The big problem that you're talking about was probably planned to create drama.

I’m going with this are more likely. 😀

4 minutes ago, dpostman said:

Tastes like chicken 😁

But really... it is difficult to pinpoint.  If you've had Ossobuco before, where the bones are cut transversely, the marrow texture is similar.  But the flavor profile takes on what you spread on top.  We just spooned the marrow on home made garlic crostinis like you would with a Foie Gras Paté spread.  It is mostly a texture experience, so some will totally dislike it, and some will relish it.

dp

To me, it’s pure deliciousness.  My mom, when she cooked, used to make it as a side dish for a specific meal.  Last time I had it was at Wolfgang Pucks restaurant at the Beverly Wilshire, and your photos took me back. 😋

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

To me, it’s pure deliciousness.  My mom, when she cooked, used to make it as a side dish for a specific meal.  Last time I had it was at Wolfgang Pucks restaurant at the Beverly Wilshire, and your photos took me back. 😋

Thanks.  I still regret not getting a picture when they came out.  Just too excited I suppose.  The wine didn't help either 😉

We had them as an appetizer... just before the Rib steaks were put on the charcoal 😊

dp

• Like 2

A few photos from the concert at the Dolby Live Theatre. 

IMG_8912.thumb.jpeg.f6baa011fd9818ad2899d48451b5c63d.jpeg

IMG_8973.thumb.jpeg.afb8c21bb782097142aefb06f49bd0ac.jpeg

IMG_8972.thumb.jpeg.be5eb217309b3e642a217242acc16466.jpeg

IMG_8961.thumb.jpeg.534c6e852b4ce3df3eb6eec676f6654d.jpeg

IMG_8989.thumb.jpeg.144eed2f5e4f967eb2927ecbbe3e24ac.jpeg

Adam came out into the audience and sang the first song of the encore. It’s a 5,000 person venue and I don’t think there is a bad seat in the house. 

IMG_8999.thumb.jpeg.54d3a47e99b345608637c9dcadf7a229.jpeg

Final song was Sugar and it ended with a large blasts of wedding style confetti. If you have seen the video for this song, you already know that they crash multiple weddings in LA and surprise the wedding party and sing this song. 

IMG_9060.thumb.jpeg.4b58356623393f8e2ee5b5dcdcd97650.jpeg

IMG_8227.thumb.jpeg.8dc50fe0376e82cf5b69bf94d09b8882.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Well, considering that the engine didn't suck in water just sitting at the dock, they either intentionally broke it sitting at the dock or it broke down earlier and was towed there and they figured they'd work it into the story.

Now, do they have a miraculous fix or do they really sit at the dock for two weeks fixing it?

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, considering that the engine didn't suck in water just sitting at the dock, they either intentionally broke it sitting at the dock or it broke down earlier and was towed there and they figured they'd work it into the story.

Now, do they have a miraculous fix or do they really sit at the dock for two weeks fixing it?

Although I have not watched the show yet, I did read where Gary is absent from the episode because he has COVID. Could it be they are stalling to get him on board so they don’t have to hire a replacement?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon.

It is sunny and 50°F here.

It is Barbershop quartet day today.

I went to my traditional Barbershop this morning but there was no singing here😂.

I hope everyone is well.

Enjoy your day, Graham!  It's finally going up to 70 degrees here this afternoon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Things that went well for me yesterday. 

1.  My doctor says the TB test shows I don’t have it. 

2.  I got two new faucets installed in one of my daughter’s bathrooms, without any major problems or injury. 

3.  I was able to eat the delicious desert that I didn’t have room for on Easter. 

A6B667E0-D69F-459D-A4F3-ABE4771D10BF.thumb.jpeg.c4a1e810fe402ea57490dad0f5402aab.jpeg

4.  Tree climbing lessons went well.  

E005034B-4518-4229-95AE-4F65C4B9F73A.thumb.jpeg.bce446fe89a214bec35f607b1e6acc23.jpeg

At one point, there were a couple of my granddaughter’s friends in the tree, also climbing and hanging upside down.  This one has become a real daredevil.  

• Like 24

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Things that went well for me yesterday. 

1.  My doctor says the TB test shows I don’t have it. 

2.  I got two new faucets installed in one of my daughter’s bathrooms, without any major problems or injury. 

3.  I was able to eat the delicious desert that I didn’t have room for on Easter. 

A6B667E0-D69F-459D-A4F3-ABE4771D10BF.thumb.jpeg.c4a1e810fe402ea57490dad0f5402aab.jpeg

4.  Tree climbing lessons went well.  

E005034B-4518-4229-95AE-4F65C4B9F73A.thumb.jpeg.bce446fe89a214bec35f607b1e6acc23.jpeg

At one point, there were a couple of my granddaughter’s friends in the tree, also climbing and hanging upside down.  This one has become a real daredevil.  

I'm very happy that you don't have TB. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Although I have not watched the show yet, I did read where Gary is absent from the episode because he has COVID. Could it be they are stalling to get him on board so they don’t have to hire a replacement?

And that is another thing. Retesting to see if the Covid test turns negative has gone "out of fashion" quite some time ago. Though I don't know how long ago this season was filmed.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

A few photos from the concert at the Dolby Live Theatre. 

IMG_8912.thumb.jpeg.f6baa011fd9818ad2899d48451b5c63d.jpeg

IMG_8973.thumb.jpeg.afb8c21bb782097142aefb06f49bd0ac.jpeg

IMG_8972.thumb.jpeg.be5eb217309b3e642a217242acc16466.jpeg

IMG_8961.thumb.jpeg.534c6e852b4ce3df3eb6eec676f6654d.jpeg

IMG_8989.thumb.jpeg.144eed2f5e4f967eb2927ecbbe3e24ac.jpeg

Adam came out into the audience and sang the first song of the encore. It’s a 5,000 person venue and I don’t think there is a bad seat in the house. 

IMG_8999.thumb.jpeg.54d3a47e99b345608637c9dcadf7a229.jpeg

Final song was Sugar and it ended with a large blasts of wedding style confetti. If you have seen the video for this song, you already know that they crash multiple weddings in LA and surprise the wedding party and sing this song. 

IMG_9060.thumb.jpeg.4b58356623393f8e2ee5b5dcdcd97650.jpeg

IMG_8227.thumb.jpeg.8dc50fe0376e82cf5b69bf94d09b8882.jpeg

Great photos of what looks like a wonderful concert.  Seems every time I see a photo of Adam, he looks different.  Hair change can do that.

• Like 3

I had my follow-up visit yesterday with my neurologist to review the MRIs taken last week.  I have been diagnosed with having ALS.  It's hard for me to share the news because I like to post things that brings a smile to my friends here on CC.  I know that things will be challenging but for now things are good.  Thanks for all the prayers. 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I had my follow-up visit yesterday with my neurologist to review the MRIs taken last week.  I have been diagnosed with having ALS.  It's hard for me to share the news because I like to post things that brings a smile to my friends here on CC.  I know that things will be challenging but for now things are good.  Thanks for all the prayers. 

So sorry to hear that John.  Sending you hugs and prayers

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Lunch today was at. 

443907B3-05F8-476E-AB84-5E2A12DC4FF5.thumb.jpeg.fe57220d012054558d48a416bf3d7817.jpeg

Decisions, decisions!

51DAF557-5072-4E31-B770-A6BE944F2DD9.thumb.jpeg.3d47a4014e3d1f0c0627bb730045ed9a.jpeg

Their Cuban isn’t too bad. 

00F7A736-006B-4ECB-AD28-49DEB73A465A.thumb.jpeg.f6eb6b5e96f0f13a53ffb98aad88faf2.jpeg

That looks like a satisfying lunch!  My go to meal there is the Asian salad.

12 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

You were in my thoughts for a better diagnosis.  Adding hugs and prayers for you.  

Caring and sharing bad news as well as good news in here is what we're all about.  

Sometimes I wish that there was an additional "thinking of you" button.  

Edited by BonTexasNY
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1