Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

15 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Maybe some day but not this inaugural class. Len Dawson Football Hall of Famer who was one of the first professional football players to do broadcast television as our sports anchor who died last year will obviously be a first ballot. One of our longtime anchors who anchored with Lenny in the 1960’s will also be first ballot. People have said I’ll be added but since I’m on the nominating committee I don’t think it will happen for awhile.I’m good with that. It was an honor to be considered for the committee.

Maybe you will be in for a huge surprise, the other committee members do it without you knowing. 🙂

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Maybe you will be in for a huge surprise, the other committee members do it without you knowing. 🙂

Thank you that was very kind of you to say that. Hopefully some day.

• Like 4

This was the sunrise from yesterday.  It was pretty hidden.  That’s Diamond Head in the distance there.  Looks like today’s sunrise would be better but we are getting ready to go hike the Diamond Head.

667BAF82-212C-45CB-9290-F469FF136ABF.thumb.jpeg.44fccf5fc6eccd6a8fda4a1eeafc2de0.jpeg

My first sighting of a rainbow

81150B7F-9DA5-47A9-82D6-45ABA1BA4194.thumb.jpeg.766748bfb82422008bc87bd24a4e9cec.jpeg

Ramen and Spam from Costco to made our own ramen.  Not the fresh ramen that @dani negreanuDani’s DH makes but it’s still good. 

27227CC5-7615-4A8E-B4EA-818A84AF4004.thumb.jpeg.9dfc243b9c318997f15885d8a9a9c2dc.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

This was the sunrise from yesterday.  It was pretty hidden.  That’s Diamond Head in the distance there.  Looks like today’s sunrise would be better but we are getting ready to go hike the Diamond Head.

667BAF82-212C-45CB-9290-F469FF136ABF.thumb.jpeg.44fccf5fc6eccd6a8fda4a1eeafc2de0.jpeg

My first sighting of a rainbow

81150B7F-9DA5-47A9-82D6-45ABA1BA4194.thumb.jpeg.766748bfb82422008bc87bd24a4e9cec.jpeg

Ramen and Spam from Costco to made our own ramen.  Not the fresh ramen that @dani negreanuDani’s DH makes but it’s still good. 

27227CC5-7615-4A8E-B4EA-818A84AF4004.thumb.jpeg.9dfc243b9c318997f15885d8a9a9c2dc.jpeg

It all looks wonderful Helen, including the Ramen!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

It is his first year.  His football coach who coaches the rugby team and other players suggested he try out. Owen's position is fly-half and will most likely do the kicks for conversion.  

I just read your comment to him and he was impressed that you were involved for as long as you were.  He commented that it says a lot about the sport.

I played for five years in high school and then went on to play senior mens after that.  In my late 30's the body started breaking down and I stopped playing.  I reffed for a few years but was still very connected to my local club. When I turned 40 I got talked into joining the "Classics" 40+ side at the club. Still physical but a little less intensity. I also coached high school for the last 6 years before we moved. Both boys sides as well as girls sides.  I think I loved coaching more than playing.  Rugby is a unique sport. I don't know of any other that creates such a unique sense of community.  Ferocious competitors doing real bodily harm to one another will immediately share a clubhouse and drink beer together minutes after the referee blow the full time whistle. Any and all animosity is left on the pitch. I once had an English friend explain it to me this way.  "Football (soccer) is a gentleman's game played by hooligans, Rugby is a hooligan sport played by gentlemen."  I liked that analogy. 😉 

I have stumbled across small clubs in city's all across the US while working in various places and upon showing up pitch side on game day embraced like long lost family member.  It's really hard to put into words how unique the camaraderie and brotherhood is.

As for Owen being slotted in at Fly Half... he must be a tremendous athlete and athletically intelligent.  Fly half is a pivotal position and to put him there as a first year player is surprising.  For those not familiar with Rugby, Fly-half would be to Rugby what Quarterback is football.  

I played a lot of years at Fullback.  Some in the centres and then near the end, when my speed started to fail me, at flanker.

I really I hope he enjoys the experience.  It is a sport that can last you a lifetime.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 16

6 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

My son has been playing rugby since his freshman year in high school and is still playing at 32. He played one year in the MLR for a team that was in its provisional year before joining the league. I wish he would start playing for the old boys but he isn’t ready to step back just yet. He currently is playing prop but played hooker in high school and college. 

Good for him.  Unfortunately for you he wouldn't qualify for "old boys" until 40 usually.  Maybe its different at his club.  At least that was my experience.  You couldn't have got me to play 5 minutes in the front row like you son.  LOL. What goes on up there is beyond my comprehension.

MLR has been an incredible boost to US rugby.  The quality of play has really improved over the last few years.  We're still a very long way from UK or Kiwi or Ozzy standards but it keeps getting better.

Quite a few top pros from overseas have come and used it as "retirement league" similar to what happened in the MLS in the 90's.  I don't imagine it'll ever get to the same level internationally as MLS has but you can always hope.

My old home town, Vancouver, is taking a run at getting an expansion franchise.  I know a couple of the guys involved in the planning.  I'm hoping for the best for them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I use the second one...Lightroom Photo & Video Editor.  Note that I have a monthly Adobe subscription that gives me Lightroom and Photoshop on my computer.  Although LR is a free app, there may be some features that require a subscription, in case you run into that.  Also, Adobe's version of a RAW format is called DNG.  When you go into the camera part of LR Mobile, you'll see either DNG or JPG at the top.  If you touch that, you can switch between the 2 formats.  I always leave it on DNG.  If I want to take a quick JPG picture without doing any editing, I use the built in iPhone camera app.

You may see several apps that are presets for Lightroom.  A preset is a predefined group of settings (exposure, contrast, color, etc.) that give a picture a certain "look".  Rather than making all of those settings adjustments manually on multiple photos, you apply the preset to multiple photos at once (kind of like a macro).  You can create presets yourself, or you can buy them from people who are professional photographers and can edit better than we can (at least in theory).

Thank you again.  I’d really like to improve my very limited photography (iPhone) skills before our Italy/Med cruise trip in September. A few months ago I enrolled in an online course that was suggested by a regular poster over in the Celebrity boards who takes beautiful pictures. I do think the course helped me with framing pictures and using different settings but my photos just don’t appear as vivid and sharp as I’d like.  The good thing is I can sign in at any time to review any course modules and I’m looking forward to playing around with LightRoom. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Good for him.  Unfortunately for you he wouldn't qualify for "old boys" until 40 usually.  Maybe its different at his club.  At least that was my experience.  You couldn't have got me to play 5 minutes in the front row like you son.  LOL. What goes on up there is beyond my comprehension.

MLR has been an incredible boost to US rugby.  The quality of play has really improved over the last few years.  We're still a very long way from UK or Kiwi or Ozzy standards but it keeps getting better.

Quite a few top pros from overseas have come and used it as "retirement league" similar to what happened in the MLS in the 90's.  I don't imagine it'll ever get to the same level internationally as MLS has but you can always hope.

My old home town, Vancouver, is taking a run at getting an expansion franchise.  I know a couple of the guys involved in the planning.  I'm hoping for the best for them.

The MLR team he was with had a lot of guys from his club team and some international guys that they sponsored.  The coach from his club team was the original coach but once they found some financial backing, they brought in a much better coach and a lot of international players, including new props.  My son could have stayed on to be with a practice squad that just got beat up on a regular basis but he chose to stick with his real job as an engineer since the money they were offering was not worth the continual beatings.  The international talent they brought in got decent contracts and the team now has a lot of sponsors and the whole organization has come a long way.  He is happy that he got to do what he did but it was the right choice to step back.  He has also coached in a youth program and also as a front row coach at the high school level.

• Like 2

I had an interesting day today.I had Ambulatory surgery .We found parking right by the entrance to the facility.That was great.We went inside and everything went well.

We left only to find that a car was illegally parked and blocking our car.Toby left me in the car,went inside to speak to security.Two people came outside ,wrote down the license plate number ,went inside and made an announcement that the car had to be moved or it would be towed.The owner was in surgery.We decided to wait for her to be finished rather than the car being towed.An hour later the woman came to the car.She went inside and was on her cell phone.

Toby went to her car and asked if she would move her car .Fifteen minutes later she moved the   car and exited the parking lot in the wrong direction on a one way street.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sharon was in the attic today and found a wood duck that I wood burned back in the late 80s.  The wood burn marks have faded some.  I had forgotten all about it.

image.thumb.png.683c250f88d9e2039ff273e3343a2b8a.png

“If she weighs the same as a duck, then she’s made of wood…and therefore…a witch!!”  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Beautiful day at the beach today. Temps in the upper 70s with a breeze, and not a cloud in the sky. We’re between spring break and summer vacation so almost no crowds. Perfect. 

I like your beach better.  The one down here in NSB was pretty crowded today for a weekday

On 4/19/2023 at 12:49 PM, BonTexasNY said:

I can't imagine a time when I would be comfortable enough to say y'all.  I'm just not there yet. 😏

But at least you know how to spell it.  This Texan we met at a craft show today doesn't.  🙂 

20230421_143634.jpg

Edited by derorim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 10