Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We had dinner last night at a restaurant called David's...one of the slightly fancier places on the island (nothing is REALLY fancy other than maybe the high-end restaurant in the Ritz).  We generally prefer more casual places to eat but it's fun to dress up every now and then.  I started with a nice Old Fashioned.

IMG_0588.thumb.jpg.7d6a66fa0650d796548c8540654190ef.jpg

My entree was a "Filet Lobster Oscar Mignon" with a lobster tail instead of crab meat.  I was very tempted by the Sole Meuniere but couldn't pass up the lobster.  Sole Meuniere was my favorite dish at a restaurant that we would always frequent in Geneva when there on business.  Micheline also went with the Filet but no Oscar treatment.  Hers came with a delicious demi-glace.  When she mentioned how good it was to the waiter, he brought out some extra demi-glace and extra bernaise for us.  I chose wisely, especially with a nice Napa Cab.

IMG_0589.thumb.jpg.46bba137aefd66fdd20d85ad6d05e0ef.jpg

We were too stuffed to order any dessert, but they brought out some small macarons anyway. I managed to find some room left in my stomach...delicious.

IMG_0592.thumb.jpg.d5fe8c0ae1dce31739c92051eca24ba3.jpg

After dinner, we went to our neighbor's house where they had bourbon slushies sitting by their pool.  What a great evening.

We are big fans of Napa cabs also , which Cabernet? 

17 hours ago, singinalot said:

and then ended up sitting in the lobby bar until 1am talking to a couple we met. I love those moments of vacation where you just start up random conversations with strangers and end up connecting. We closed the bar down and the staff shut the lights out on us.

I had that same experience on Odyssey. Met some folks in the Schooner Bar one night and something just clicked. We ended up meeting nightly.

Also had the experience when I've sailed with @ReneeFLL and her husband where the the Champagne Bar on Allure would close down and the bar staff would wish us goodnight as they left.😊

• Like 15

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Congratulations Ryan!

Thank you, Marietta!🥰

15 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Happy Graduation to Ryan.  

Hope that tornado watch doesn't turn into a tornado warning!

Thank you, Bonnie!😍

Luckily, we just had quite the storm;  lightening, loud thunder, and heavy downpours.  It stopped in time for the High School Graduation being held outside, and although it looked like the skies could open again with rain, it stayed away for the remainder.  I was happy for the graduates and their families.  The high school is right behind our home and woods, so I went outside to listen to the Pomp and Circumstance.  Ryan was playing his saxophone with the high school band for the graduation.😊

14 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Congratulations to Ryan and others.  Proud Nana   😃

Thank you, Debbie🌹.  Proud Nana, for sure😉

14 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Maryann, thank you for sharing this very touching story about Marik.

I followed Marik's Moms posts for several years.  Marik was such a strong Warrior, with a sense of humor.  His older sister married  a few years since Marik's passing, and she gave birth to a healthy baby boy over a month ago, and named her son in honor of Marik...she just changed the spelling  of her baby a little.

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Marik was THE BOSS! 

He was such a great kid.  Thanks, Nancy

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

So true.

Thank you, Marietta.  I loved following Marik's adventures, both up and down, but it was sad and painful, especially at the end.  His Mom talked about everything...😢

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

What a sad but uplifting story! 
It’s so hard to see young people suffering, and so amazing to see how courageous they are, even at very young ages. 
We can learn so much from them. 

Thank you, Mimi.  Marik was one courageous kid!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

our final stop of the trip was the lighthouse…where we climbed 219 steps…both got vertigo pretty badly, and decided it’s not something we’ll ever do again!

IMG_3255.thumb.jpeg.521c037ce9921ebe89dc2ffc1f906467.jpeg

IMG_3256.thumb.jpeg.72b95e7229263469dcad888eb3b01352.jpeg

🤢🤢🤢

IMG_3265.thumb.jpeg.0dd588e05779dd12a755e30e6b77cd3f.jpeg

IMG_3259.thumb.jpeg.1e5de6602a7e06d9712f32db26014d13.jpeg

IMG_3263.thumb.jpeg.0b26d60786b79ad24a36a7ef0b6a6a23.jpeg

Beautiful pics, as usual, thank you! Have to say though the third one gave me vertigo just looking at it! Don’t think I’d have been able to make that climb.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, jagsfan said:

Y’all should have done a Ghost tour. St Augie is full of haunts!

I was thinking the same thing.  We did a Ghost Tour at night in New Orleans😉

3 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Such a great story, thanks for sharing it.  
Congratulations on the graduations, it’s been a whirlwind of events (all good) for you & Jim recently.

It’s a dreary, cool, rainy day here with thunderstorms moving in this afternoon. Soup will definitely be on the dinner menu tonight.  It’s also a good day to stay in and get some more organizing done before the move-in starts this evening.  

Thank you, Deb!  It has been busy!  

Your weather today is like ours was yesterday.  It's beautiful here today with just a chance of a spot shower. Hopefully not shower,  though, since we'll be heading out to Ava's Graduation party.

Enjoy your little ones!  How close does your daughter live near you?  Is she the one in Pa.?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

@singinalotThank you for sharing your trip to St. Augustine with us, Crystal!  I was there many, many years ago, when my daughter was living in Jacksonville.  We only spent a day there, though.  Great pictures!!!!!!

We always used to stop on our way up and down I 95. It is very charming. I want to go for Nights of Lights some day.

• Like 2

We are making our pasta sauce which is a all day thing we cook it about 8 hours and will get lots of meals so we freeze most of it will add about 4 pounds of meatballs and some Italian sausage. Will use some of it to make a baked ziti or lasagna on July 4th for my wife’s birthday and our annual pool party , will also cook more Italian sausage for the party plus chicken on my grill. We have lots to celebrate first my birthday this week then our anniversary the following week followed by my wife birthday on the 4th . Nice to have fireworks on your birthday every year. 

• Like 18

6 hours ago, singinalot said:

our final stop of the trip was the lighthouse…where we climbed 219 steps…both got vertigo pretty badly, and decided it’s not something we’ll ever do again!

IMG_3255.thumb.jpeg.521c037ce9921ebe89dc2ffc1f906467.jpeg

IMG_3256.thumb.jpeg.72b95e7229263469dcad888eb3b01352.jpeg

🤢🤢🤢

IMG_3265.thumb.jpeg.0dd588e05779dd12a755e30e6b77cd3f.jpeg

IMG_3259.thumb.jpeg.1e5de6602a7e06d9712f32db26014d13.jpeg

IMG_3263.thumb.jpeg.0b26d60786b79ad24a36a7ef0b6a6a23.jpeg

If you do go back, I recommend spending a few hours at the Alligator Farm Zoological Park across the street from the lighthouse.  It looks a little touristy but it's surprisingly good to walk through.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

I’m in a spot with good wifi, so a pic taken by me, and the rest by DH —

CC745592-2026-4889-8E3C-9F0A3F9FA488.jpeg

“white evening”

34576d1f-f259-4811-a38e-92d7ba5464f7.jpeg

9ce93aab-98f4-41e5-9ecb-e207a8648d5e.jpeg

49cec763-612e-42c7-a567-501492ba7428.jpeg

IMG_7638.jpeg

rain drops on a black glass plate

Lovely pictures and a beautiful location. Enjoy your time.

• Thanks 1