Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

On 6/24/2023 at 3:38 AM, Etta1213 said:

When my husband moved the children and me far from my parents, they came  to love the trips to come see us. It was a chance also to get away from harsher winter weather. We made sure to always have a home with a spare bedroom. Wonderful memories.

Glad to see you posting again on this thread. I think it is almost 2 years since your last post here 🌺

• Like 3

Now that we are back my thoughts are turning to our next cruise in May, 2024.

We have never been to CocoCay so don't know what to expect.  We like to snorkel and have a shady place to hang out.  What would be the best to reserve?  Breezy Bay beach bed, Chill Island beach bed, Cocoa Beach Club, or South Beach beach bed?

We are going to have a Jr. Suite and are also Diamond.  What does a suite give us over Diamond

We will be on Enchantment of the Seas which seems like a small ship so maybe won't need the Key this time.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HBE4 said:

I'm pretty sure the New City Diner holds the record for largest & thickest diner menu. It would take 30 minutes to look thru and by the time you got to the end, you would've forgotten what was in the beginning.  Unfortunately , the original New City Diner is no longer in business having been taken over and renamed.

I recently went to the Stateline diner - aptly named as it sits on the border of NY/NJ - with my nephew. At 16 pages, I feel like the menu is only half the size of New City Diner menu. The Greek Specialties and Mediterranean Cuisine would have taken 1-2 pages each, here they are combined onto one page. And of course, just reading about the desserts does not do it justice, they need to be seen in the 6 foot tall rotating glass case.

I too, was amazed how they were able to store all the food. Every diner must've had an underground bunker the size of an Royal ship.

I've attached a PDF of the menu. First time attaching a PDF. Hope it works.

Stateline-Diner-dinner-menu.pdf 1.82 MB · 21 downloads

It’s less than 10 minutes up 17 from me.  Love a good diner.  Will have to try it 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hot and humid 75°F here at 22.18pm.

Another hot day forecast for tomorrow.

Most of us in the UK don't have air conditioning in our houses because usually we don't get continuous hot weather.

Graham, at first I had to chuckle that you thought 75°F was considered hot.  Where we are, it was a muggy 89°F today.  But we have air conditioning and I don't think I would enjoy trying to sleep in a humid 75°F.  It reminded me of a conversation I had years ago with one of my best friends.  She was probably 110 pounds and was struggling with the fact that she had gained a little weight and her pants were too tight.  At first I wanted to scoff at her, but then I realized, it's all relative.  A skinny gal who gains weight has the same problem that someone at any weight feels when they gain a few pounds and their clothes don't fit.  That experience reminded me I needed to keep things in perspective and be more accepting of how one feels in a situation.  So here's hoping that you will soon have cooler, more comfortable weather.  Cheers!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dpostman said:

Very similar day indeed.  That Toyota/Lexus Pearl White is a magnet for iron spots 😕.  I don't know about you, but my "Wax ON/Wax OFF" muscles aren't what they used to be 😉

The arms are pretty good but I also enticed Lisa to helping. Interior is all wiped down and exterior is washed. 

"Traded in"?  Care to spill the beans?

The 2016 RX is being traded in for a 2023 RX.  Same white color and same interior options. 

I used to have a Wrangler that spent most of the summers naked. (No top, no doors).  I don't miss the jeep, but we do miss riding around on a nice day in the National and Provincial parks.  That was replaced by my current and much more reasonable Rav4 Prime.  Now that my wife has a company car for her long drives and winter driving, we are considering trading in her TLX for a Standard shift, MX-5 RF.  It's not much of a long distance or winter driving car, but as a summer fun ride...😁 Keeping our eyes open.

I had a wrangler back in 2003 and loved it. Like you, the top was always down and it was ready to go in the garage. Once Owen came along it left.  It’s funny how cars change during points in our lives. 

• Like 9

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

The Worlds Fair of 1964 was a fantastic experience.

I still have the scarf with the worlds fair logo, a card from the mercury mission capsule. And remember the  car ride through the large building. 
And who could forget seeing “ it’s a small world”. 
I remember my mom crying seeing the “Pieta” from Rome. 

So many memories. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Just getting caught up. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I was busy prepping and cleaning for a small tiki party last night with two of my long time coworkers and their spouses. Sorry I did not take any pictures because I was so busy getting food ready and making tiki cocktails but needless to say the party was a hit and everybody loved our tiki backyard. Food consisted of (sorry no pics) of appetizers, Crab Rangoon with mains being a Asian Salad, Hawaiian sweet roll ham and cheese sliders, fruit bowl and creamy cheese corn. The cocktail I made was a signature Mai-Tai which turned out fantastic even though it was potent.

IMG_1710.thumb.jpeg.6c28077c46a068c0a17cbadf11c46b2f.jpeg

Ultimate Mai Tai Recipe
½ oz Appleton Estate Rum
½ oz Smith & Cross Traditional Jamaica Rum
½ oz Plantation OFTD
½ oz Plantation 3 star
1 oz Lime Juice
½ oz Orgeat (Latitude 29)
½ oz Orange Curacao (Ferrand Dry Curacao)
¼ oz Demerara Syrup (BG Reynolds)

And for dessert my friend brought over rum soaked pineapple slices that we toasted on the grill. 

It was great evening but unfortunately my knee was really bad so walking was painful and I had a hard time getting in and out of a chair. I persevered but today I’m doing nothing. 

Thanks for reading.

In my never-ending search for the perfect Mai Tai recipe, I'll need to give this a shot.  My only problem is that I can't find Smith & Cross around here.  Time either for an online order or a trip to the Total Wine store by the big shopping area in Jacksonville.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

If you have one of those husband enabled stoves…

I think those husband enabled stoves are like Samsung refrigerator ice makers.  If you're lucky, you'll get one that works well, but you're equally likely to get one that doesn't work at all. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Now that we are back my thoughts are turning to our next cruise in May, 2024.

We have never been to CocoCay so don't know what to expect.  We like to snorkel and have a shady place to hang out.  What would be the best to reserve?  Breezy Bay beach bed, Chill Island beach bed, Cocoa Beach Club, or South Beach beach bed?

We are going to have a Jr. Suite and are also Diamond.  What does a suite give us over Diamond

We will be on Enchantment of the Seas which seems like a small ship so maybe won't need the Key this time.  

The JS will give you a little bigger cabin and double points, but that is about all.  Being Diamond will get you four free drinks per day. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

I still have the scarf with the worlds fair logo, a card from the mercury mission capsule. And remember the  car ride through the large building. 

So many memories. 

I remember the GM and GE pavilions with their look into the future which I am sure is totally out of date now.

25 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Yikes 😳

We lived in Plano TX for a short time when I was young.  I remember 2 things the most .. Hot and Flat there compared to PA.

I lived in Plano for 15 years and although hot in the summer, I loved the oftentimes mild winters.  Still do since I'm around 10 minutes away.  While still living in NY, we flew in to visit my sister who had just moved to Plano.  The flatness was so evident on the drive from the airport compared to the Ramapo Mountains that was seemingly surrounded my town in NY.  I got used to it.

@TravelGirlinDallas Bethany, I hope your work AC was fixed!

All my TX neighbors, stay cool!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, h20skibum said:

The JS will give you a little bigger cabin and double points, but that is about all.  Being Diamond will get you four free drinks per day. 

Thank you.  We liked the way they do the 4 drinks now, although most days we did not get them all.  

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

So many memories. 

This is the only souvenir I have left from the 64 WF.  

IMG_7709.thumb.jpeg.09f1c7f4a9b5628fd5127d8d7554c4ed.jpeg

Why I bought it, or why I still have it, I’ii never know. 

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

In my never-ending search for the perfect Mai Tai recipe, I'll need to give this a shot.  My only problem is that I can't find Smith & Cross around here.  Time either for an online order or a trip to the Total Wine store by the big shopping area in Jacksonville.

I was surprised when I found the Smith & Cross. Most places I went to did not have it. I’m sure you can find it online. I really like it . Some tiki purists like the funkiness of it. I tried some straight and agree. It’s funky but in a good way. I was really happy how this turned out. As much rum that’s in there it’s really smooth. It drinks very well but can sneak up you after a couple. I hope you can try and let me know what you think.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

When will you retire ? Toby retired 4 years after I did.

I'm at least 10 yrs before I retire, unless I decide to do so early.   Personally, I cannot see myself retired.  I enjoy my job.  I would probably go part-time before fully retire.

• Like 3