Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

6 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The wind and rain is crazy this morning. Fortunately, it isn't snow. Hopefully, the power doesn’t go out.

30 mph this morning with heavy rain .Then out of nowhere the sun appeared as did my therapist.She took me out for a walk.As soon as we got back to my house it began to storm again.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We made it through the night.  I was worried about the basement but all good so far🤞. Still raining but warm.  Now we are dealing with the blood pressure issue again.  Charlie felt weak and had stomach issues.  He took his pressure and it was so low.  It goes high then low, no rhyme or reason.  I guess I should be happy with a dry basement🥴

Thursday night I was very dizzy and nearly fell down the stairs .My blood pressure was very low .An hour later it spiked up very high.I took my blood pressure meds an hour early and I was better.This morning I was very dizzy but my pressure was normal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

This blood pressure thing is crazy.   His has been running high for awhile and this came out of nowhere.  Columbia prescribed a medication that he is to take only when his pressure goes above 150 over whatever. Feel better.

7 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

This blood pressure thing is crazy.   His has been running high for awhile and this came out of nowhere.  Columbia prescribed a medication that he is to take only when his pressure goes above 150 over whatever. Feel better.

The highest mine has been was 200/110.That resulted in a trip to the ER of the only hospital in our town.I have gone to the ER so many times that the staff knows me by name.
This morning Nurse Toby gave me Gatorade to drink for the dizziness.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, HBE4 said:

After spending an extremely nostalgic weekend with old college friends - the same group of friends that I reconnected with & spent a long weekend at a lake side cabin in the Adirondacks this past summer - I'm of the mind set that new memories and experiences are far more important than "more things". I also help one of my old college buddies clean out his childhood home after his aging parents moved & downsized. Lots of "things" ended up on the curbside with a "Free" sign on them or in the dumpster.

I'd go with the cruise. And maybe not "just another Caribbean cruise"  but something with a unique itinerary. Or upgrade to highest class suite on the ship. Or a European cruise with a European side trip added in. Or Australia.

Yes, the lights are awesome but after a week, how much time are you going to spend outside looking at them?  Other than a handful of holidays, how much use are they going to get Jan - Sept?

Just my humble opinion.

Security lights all year round. plus ALL the holidays of the year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Here in north Florida the temperature today is in the low 60s.  Breezy so it feels a bit cooler.  But the sun is shining which adds back warmth.  Regardless, just back from the store and there are people in puffer coats, UGG (so aptly named) boots and knit caps!!!

62 degrees just outside of Boston right now too. This storm is really tropical. If it was a classic winter storm, we would be buried in snow. No white Christmas up here this year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Whaaat? I'm just a sitting here. I wasn't playing with the Christmas tree while you were busy ignoring me. 

20231215_1021582.thumb.jpg.56e0f3409353b00a6164d0fdeacfda8d.jpg

I love it his picture. Cats are so funny. I’m amazed that our cat Kylar doesn’t mess with our trees at all. He does like to nap under them on the comfy tree skirts.

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

We made it through the night.  I was worried about the basement but all good so far🤞. Still raining but warm.  Now we are dealing with the blood pressure issue again.  Charlie felt weak and had stomach issues.  He took his pressure and it was so low.  It goes high then low, no rhyme or reason.  I guess I should be happy with a dry basement🥴

I feel bad for Charlie. BP issues are not fun. Linda’s mom had issues like that and we found out it was due to low potassium. You might have the doctor check that.

Glad your basement is dry. That’s always a concern for us in a low lying area.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Good. Have your power back yet?

No, still out. Over four hours now, so will have to decide what needs to be thrown away in the refrigerator. Could be worse, at least it’s not cold out. I went out to Dunkin and got coffee. Stopped at a local deli that makes homemade soup. Lots of roads closed due to downed trees and poles. A pole snapped in half two streets over with lots of lines down is likely the issue. Just need winds to calm so Eversource can safely go up in the bucket trucks that are waiting. I think their safety threshold is 35 mph. 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Security lights all year round. plus ALL the holidays of the year.

No doubt, that's a good point.  Good security is priceless.

@Sea Dog has a tough decision to make & really there is no "wrong" decision here as all viewpoints are valid.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I love it his picture. Cats are so funny. I’m amazed that our cat Kylar doesn’t mess with our trees at all. He does like to nap under them on the comfy tree skirts.

I feel bad for Charlie. BP issues are not fun. Linda’s mom had issues like that and we found out it was due to low potassium. You might have the doctor check that.

Glad your basement is dry. That’s always a concern for us in a low lying area.

Our cat joebob used to like sitting under the tree 

image.jpeg

• Like 19

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

30 mph this morning with heavy rain .Then out of nowhere the sun appeared as did my therapist.She took me out for a walk.As soon as we got back to my house it began to storm again.

Same here. One more round of rain & wind coming thru. Lights flickering but still on.

47 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

15 minutes ago, George C said:

Our cat joebob used to like sitting under the tree 

image.jpeg

Leonard will also nap under the tree, especially at night.  I seemed to have misplaced the tree skirt for this tree (I have 2 set-up) so maybe he was expressing his displeasure that the tree was "not finished" by knocking an ornament off the tree

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Or bad kitty. 😉

He was for the first couple days. Kept trying to take the garland off the tree & eat it.  He hasn't done it in awhile and I'd like to think the stern "NO!" I gave him is the reason. But more likely it was the upset stomach & barfing it up that caused him to lose interest.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 5
  • Haha 8

Our forecast for tonight. Hockey game at 9:30 tonight at the tip of the arrow. We live near the base of the arrow. Normally we’d be home by midnight. Heavy winds and snow are the call. Fingers crossed that the game is cancelled. 

Tomorrow I have to have my mom to the hospital at 7:30 for her hip surgery consultation. It’s going to be a long night and day for me.

IMG_3293.thumb.jpeg.acf713c4f93c342092efc48da17c9a0d.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 14

27 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Our forecast for tonight. Hockey game at 9:30 tonight at the tip of the arrow. We live near the base of the arrow. Normally we’d be home by midnight. Heavy winds and snow are the call. Fingers crossed that the game is cancelled. 

Tomorrow I have to have my mom to the hospital at 7:30 for her hip surgery consultation. It’s going to be a long night and day for me.

IMG_3293.thumb.jpeg.acf713c4f93c342092efc48da17c9a0d.jpeg

Good luck with the consultation .Hopefully the game will be cancelled.

• Like 1

Thank you to everyone who weighed in on our decision to put permanent lighting on the house. We have to decided to postpone this purchase as we could do it basically anytime. Right now we want to focus on our health with Linda’s upcoming Shoulder surgery, my hernia surgery and then surgeries for Linda’s foot and possibly back. We also will keep the money we would have spent for our cancelled Beyond cruise to either pay off early our artificial pet turf in the backyard or put it towards a more expensive cruise to Hawaii or Transpacific or Europe. It’s easy for me to get caught up in everything Christmas. I know me and I know waiting to think on something and not be impulsive is better. Thanks everyone for caring and your thoughts.

• Like 20