Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

They just had footage of her getting to the stadium.

Yes just saw her  on CBS Sports. Then I  Think I saw her with Blake Lively. BTW she was looking much better then Taylor.😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I don't know the answer and since I'll be gone I don't really care but do the Estate sale people dispose of whatever doesn't sell?  Just curious

We downsized when we moved from our large house in Georgia to our smaller house in Florida.  The estate sale company we used said they can either throw away that which is left over after the sale…or not, your call.  We moved the furniture we were keeping on December 15, 2022 and only went back to our old house once in late December to meet with the estate sale people.  The sale was in January 2023; we never went back.  I have pictures of how the house was left totally empty and clean.  No dings in walls (and we had large pieces of furniture on two floors…) no scratches on floors.

I was extremely happy to have it all taken care of for us!!!  It certainly does not get you top dollar…which luckily was not important.  I look at it as they paid ME and left me an empty house to sell.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Actually from what my Wife read the S24 is about the same size but just a little thicker then what we have now, the S10.

Phone turns on with the button on the right, but you can't swipe the screen to get off that opening page with the time and and date.

Even when I use that same button on the right to Power down or restart, the screen comes on but when I press Power off or restart nothing happens.

Phone still charges, but after charging, the power never goes down , stays on 100 percent.

We do not have Xfinity to know their trade in policy but can say when we traded in our phones no questions asked about condition.   Eric's phone was basically dead - wouldn't let him turn off - just stuck on the main screen with no access to anything.   They didn't care.   

I would simply go to the store and ask for the upgrade without going into detail about the problems with her phone and see what they say.    

Based on what she is using the phone for I see no reason to spend the extra for the + or Ultra.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

We do not have Xfinity to know their trade in policy but can say when we traded in our phones no questions asked about condition.   Eric's phone was basically dead - wouldn't let him turn off - just stuck on the main screen with no access to anything.   They didn't care.   

I would simply go to the store and ask for the upgrade without going into detail about the problems with her phone and see what they say.    

Based on what she is using the phone for I see no reason to spend the extra for the + or Ultra.   

That is probably what we will do Tomorrow Night or Tuesday Night and see what kind of deal we can get. (Head to an Xfinity Store)

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/shop?category=device&brand=samsung&page=1&cmp=ILC:ACQ:SAP:NON:GEN:XFM:COM:NA:Ave:11610264779

• Like 1

So, who was the genius who decided to schedule a hockey game with an 8pm start tonight.

I will answer that, their coach. We left home before the anthem was sung. Hopefully we will be home in time to see the final quarter. We did get to listen in the car on the drive. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

So, who was the genius who decided to schedule a hockey game with an 8pm start tonight.

I will answer that, their coach. We left home before the anthem was sung. Hopefully we will be home in time to see the final quarter. We did get to listen in the car on the drive. 

That's Crazy !!!  that just isn't right !!! That coach needs a do over !!

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimbo said:

Best commercial so far, Dunkin Donuts !!!

I was pleasantly surprised with the Wicked trailer.

I just wish they'd just do the full thing this year with an intermission like the show rather than the studio money grab of breaking it into 2 movies. At least they're ending the first movie in the same place Act 1 ends.

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

All of mine got put away last week. I hate how the house seems so empty and lifeless now. My storage area is mainly my 3rd car garage. Seven trees get stored here.

I'm with you about how the house seems so empty & lifeless. Same here. I normally keep Christmas up until mid-to-end of January so this is really only 2 week longer.  Just finished taking everything down & boxed up, ready to go into the attic tomorrow. 

I'm recording all things Super Bowl so now, at 8:00 pm ET. I'll start watching beginning with the pre-game show.  I'm not much of a football fan & I have no feelings good or bad towards either team so I'll be fast forwarding a lot, basically watching commercials & the halftime show. If the game is close, I'll watch the last half. That way if there is any life-changing controversial calls/plays, I can join in on the Monday morning debates.😄😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We did this with my father's house.  My brother, sister, and I first went through to see what we wanted to keep.  The service that we hired took care of the rest.  It's a good way to quickly handle the situation.

2 hours ago, helen haywood said:

We downsized when we moved from our large house in Georgia to our smaller house in Florida.  The estate sale company we used said they can either throw away that which is left over after the sale…or not, your call.  We moved the furniture we were keeping on December 15, 2022 and only went back to our old house once in late December to meet with the estate sale people.  The sale was in January 2023; we never went back.  I have pictures of how the house was left totally empty and clean.  No dings in walls (and we had large pieces of furniture on two floors…) no scratches on floors.

I was extremely happy to have it all taken care of for us!!!  It certainly does not get you top dollar…which luckily was not important.  I look at it as they paid ME and left me an empty house to sell.

That's what me & my siblings did after our parents died & we put the old homestead up for sale.  After the usual sibling squabbles of course. There are 4 of us but once 3 of us were on the same page - which took a few years, btw - we were able to move forward. Like you said, don't get top dollar (which is what the lone holdout was looking for) but the speed, ease and peace of mind was most important at that time. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, h20skibum said:

One of our trees is still up and lit.  

After Christmas, it turns into a Valentines tree with hearts. 

IMG_0657.thumb.png.948ff57d911db304f667a636f1931109.png

Next up, shamrocks, Easter eggs, and keep going. 

If you think about it, there is a holiday every month worthy of tree decorations.  Except August, no holidays on August.  Poor August.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Frank Sinatra   start, don't get it. We are in Vegas aren't we?

1 hour ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Between that and the "It's So Hard To Say Goodbye" Youtube ad I was like "HUH?"

Ever heard of the Rat Pack? Sinatra was a regular entertainer in Vegas. One of his greatest albums was “Sinatra live at the Sands.” 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Ever heard of the Rat Pack? Sinatra was a regular entertainer in Vegas. One of his greatest albums was “Sinatra live at the Sands.” 

He was born in Hoboken, NJ, he will always be a NJ/New Yorker to most people.