Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

Omigosh, I've never been particularly interested in going to Bermuda, but this picture of Tobacco Bay has me sold!!!!  What an absolutely GORGEOUS cove beach setting... and from all the rocks, you just KNOW that they have good snorkeling, too!  😲

My only caution would be that in warmer weather, it gets a lot more crowded!! Not sure of impact on snorkeling. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

@HBE4 Very weird of Katy chowing down on pizza.  I was disappointed that she didn't give her own personal goodbye.  I remember Simon Cowell's heartfelt goodbye when he left the show. Big difference.  I love Abi's choice for Katy's replacement: Lady GaGa.

Hope this doesn't sound like sexist body shamming but now that she no longer on the show & has to wear those crazy outfits, she can kick back, let herself go & enjoy some good (i.e. unhealthy) food.

If Lady GaGa was to be a judge on Idol, I would start watching again. I'm proud to call myself one of her "Little Monsters".

EDIT: I wonder why she didn't give a more heartfelt goodbye. I'm assuming it was her decision to leave. Simon gave a great, heartfelt goodbye. Maybe because he was one of the creators of the show as well, in addition to the original British version "Pop Idol"? He has soften with age, for sure

I think Paula had a nice goodbye tribute as well. Not sure about Randy Jackson, I might have stopped watching the show when he left.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4

39 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I'm so sorry for your trauma. (Adoptive mom here.)

Thanks.... it's been lot of years and a lot of therapy, but I've finally managed to get beyond my parenting.  

I hope that by sharing my story with others, I give someone else the courage to move forward with their own healing adventure.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanleyandGus said:

Probably the worst part of this is the daily headaches that happen just after midnight and persist until coffee and acetaminophen. It happened before as well, so if I ever have surgery again, I’ll mention it to the anesthesiologist.

Did you have an epidural / spinal?  

3 hours ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

I am not sorry to see her go. 

Not a fan?

Different show & person but when then announced Miley Cyrus as a coach on The Voice a few years ago, I was like "Oh Boy, this is going to be a train wreck". While I liked some of her songs, I had a less than favorable image of her public persona.  After watching a few episodes, I did a complete 180. She really knows her stuff - the technical details of music and performing - and sincerely really cared about the team she was coaching.  Kinda came across as a down to earth person you wouldn't mind sharing a beer with.

2 hours ago, George C said:

I really liked both of the final two , I would love to see the original idol winner as a host Kelly Clarkson .

Loved Kelly Clarkson on The Voice. She would make a great addition to Idol.

I stopped watching The Voice after Blake Shelton left.

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

It seems to me that so many Idol winners as well as runners up made it big.  I don't think the same can be said for those competing on The Voice.

DW used to say the same thing. I think it was true in the early years of American Idol.  Just making it into the top 10 was enough to launch careers. Think of Jennifer Hudson or Chris Daughtry, eliminated in the early rounds only to be more successful than whomever won those years.  The same can't be said for The Voice, as you noted.

But now, I'm not so sure. I think it was 2 or 3 years ago I saw  a report of a former Idol winner that had to return to performing on the streets & subways of NYC in order to survive.  I have to look it up.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 3

@Tree_skier

Sorry to see Vancouver eliminated last night, I really thought they were going to pull off a last minute comeback. 

I haven't watch much of the Western Conference other than a period here or there. But the teams are scary fast & good. To my untrained eye, I'd have to say the Oilers look like the team to beat right now.

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

Cute kittie. She is now the typical cat owner, if she wasn’t already before, with cat hairs all over the clothing. We have 3 kitties and even with all the daily brushings, the hairs get everywhere. There is no end to it, but wouldn’t change it for anything.

How long did it take for the asparagus to grow? I love asparagus.

We used to have a Bernese Mountain Dog, so a bit of kitty hair will not be an issue 😉

This is our 3rd summer after first planting the 15 asparagus crowns in a 4 X 8 raised bed.  They all seem to have taken.  We had another batch ready for picking yesterday.  I started working in the garden yesterday morning, and had a good look at the asparagus and thought, there may be a few that are almost ready for picking even if a bit short.  By the afternoon, when I was done in the garden, I swear, many of them had grown over 4 inches and picked about 15 spears that were plenty long enough.

dp

• Like 7

I have tried multiple times to enjoy asparagus.  I have had it all different ways and I still don’t like it.  My mom loved it.  She used to add it to scrambled eggs with a little oil and seasoning. I still didn’t like it.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm behind the times, but I also want to extend my condolences on the loss of your Goodest and Handsomest Boy.  

They leave such a ginormous hole in your heart when they leave. 

I know it's going to happen with my Dexter eventually (at 14yo, he's exceeded the life expectancy for a black Lab already, even more so since he had heartworm when we got him), and even though I've been trying to prepare my mind for it for over a year now, I know you can never really prepare to have a piece of your heart torn from your chest.  

((((HUGS))))

3 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

She’s a beautiful dog. When one of our cats, Keiki, died the other one was very affected by it. I hope Emma doesn’t go thru what Chloe did. Positive thoughts for your doggie.

2 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

@SteelCityCruiser10 my condolences on losing your very handsome and good boy.

We still have my son’s enormous German Shepherd, who doesn’t really understand why I suddenly won’t play with him, but he’s a good boy who doesn’t jump. My son picks him up tomorrow.

Thank all of you for the condolences. 🙏🏻  Emma seems to be getting along ok.  She had some time to see Oliver before he left us and was there when he actually passed.  As sad as it is I believe it helps that she knows what happened to him and was able to say goodbye.  I was worried she would be overly anxious when left home alone but she has been good. 

There is definitely a massive void in our lives.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

I think that’s the hardest part. It’s only after they are gone that you realize how much of your life was filled with unconditional love every single day by that animal.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, George C said:

Even though I have lived in the Dallas area a decade more than I lived in New York City, I will always consider myself a New Yorker , all I have to do is open my mouth and you will hear my New York accent. Although I do not regret my move via a job relocation to Dallas, I would not ever be able to own a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom house with a swimming pool if I still lived in the city. 

Oh, George, I can so relate!!!!!

1 hour ago, HBE4 said:

Hope this doesn't sound like sexist body shamming but now that she no longer on the show & has to wear those crazy outfits, she can kick back, let herself go & enjoy some good (i.e. unhealthy) food.

If Lady GaGa was to be a judge on Idol, I would start watching again. I'm proud to call myself one of her "Little Monsters".

EDIT: I wonder why she didn't give a more heartfelt goodbye. I'm assuming it was her decision to leave. Simon gave a great, heartfelt goodbye. Maybe because he was one of the creators of the show as well, in addition to the original British version "Pop Idol"? He has soften with age, for sure

I think Paula had a nice goodbye tribute as well. Not sure about Randy Jackson, I might have stopped watching the show when he left.

I couldn't stand Katy's drama and her many different outfits, hair styles.

I liked the original 3 judges the best; Simon, Paula, Randy, although I did like Keith Urban's mellow appeal.

Worse Idol judge ever, my opinion - Ellen Degeneres.

We can probably rule out Kelly Clarkson who left judging the Voice to concentrate on her talk show, music, etc., but yes she would make a great judge.

In my opinion, the first 5 seasons of Idol were the best, but it's all subjective.

I'm not sure many are aware of GaGa's talent.  Her "Sound of Music" segment honoring Julie Andrews and her duets with Tony Bennett showcase her major talent.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I think that’s the hardest part. It’s only after they are gone that you realize how much of your life was filled with unconditional love every single day by that animal.

Our dog in Cincinnati would hear the garage door going up and would be waiting at the door from the garage to the house, tail wagging, every time I came home.  After we lost her, it hit me every time I walked through that door.  I'll even occassionally get that feeling walking through the similar door here in Florida, even though she never lived here with us.  

• Like 12

So. 
Beautiful hot/humid day in Vienna. 

IMG_1016.thumb.jpeg.58deb733d7a80f592864f399b9517a21.jpeg

Turned air on last night. It was great to sleep. 

Now,  um.  Repair technician called and will be here to check out the situation. 

IMG_1015.thumb.jpeg.7e5255b28065878321f1715c54c1638e.jpeg

I hope it is not $$$$$$$. 

Always something. 

We can always sleep in motor home if it gets really hot. 

IMG_0622.thumb.jpeg.d00752339d662ddfe40c1085517d25f3.jpeg

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 8

I was never a big American Idol fan.  I hated the early years where they would purposely put terrible singers on for the tryouts, essentially making fun of them.  Although they stopped doing that several years ago, I never got hooked earlier.  Micheline however was a fan.  One of her favorite judges was Harry Connick Jr.  He too was very technical with his coaching, and you could really see how much he understood being a musical performer.

I often wonder if Simon Cowell was really as much of a grouch as he originally portrayed.  Maybe his recent softening is him just being more what he's really like.  His role as the nasty judge I think is partly what made the show successful, and he may have been doing it on purpose.  Other shows with 3 judges seemed to follow the same formula as Idol.  There was a "Paula" judge (you look very nice today), a "Randy" judge (the insider who knows the business), and a "Simon" judge (the curmudgeon).  Then again, Brits tend to be very straight forward and don't get their feelings hurt as easily as Americans, so maybe Simon really was like that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@brillohead Thank you for your heartfelt response.I agree that good people enter our lives, if we are fortunate.

Wishing you good days! 😊 

It is a beautiful Spring day here on Eastern LI.

Sunny and high 70’s.

According to reports, NYC will be 80s today and a few days following. Please take note @George C!

Wishing a good visit to “my”city.

Hoping all posting here have a pleasant day!

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

69 degrees here in my part of LI .The high was expected to be 74.My PT took me out for my one block walk with the opportunity to converse with a neighbor .

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I have tried multiple times to enjoy asparagus.  I have had it all different ways and I still don’t like it.  My mom loved it.  She used to add it to scrambled eggs with a little oil and seasoning. I still didn’t like it.

I never liked asparagus .

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SteelCityCruiser10 said:

Thank all of you for the condolences. 🙏🏻  Emma seems to be getting along ok.  She had some time to see Oliver before he left us and was there when he actually passed.  As sad as it is I believe it helps that she knows what happened to him and was able to say goodbye.  I was worried she would be overly anxious when left home alone but she has been good. 

The old saying, "there's no such thing as a coincidence," is a saying for a reason.

My daily e-newsletter with freebie Kindle book downloads today includes this free book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D3M6V932

71EgRd74TvL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.b312400ccbe3119d57866beea683514e.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, brillohead said:

The old saying, "there's no such thing as a coincidence," is a saying for a reason.

My daily e-newsletter with freebie Kindle book downloads today includes this free book:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0D3M6V932

71EgRd74TvL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.b312400ccbe3119d57866beea683514e.jpg

The good thing when we get two kittens next month is they have an excellent chance of out living me since I will be 75 . 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Our dog in Cincinnati would hear the garage door going up and would be waiting at the door from the garage to the house, tail wagging, every time I came home.  After we lost her, it hit me every time I walked through that door.  I'll even occassionally get that feeling walking through the similar door here in Florida, even though she never lived here with us.  

Our past dogs did that and our current pups do that too. We even have a ultra quiet garage door opener. They must hear the frequency but they are always waiting for us wagging their tails.

• Like 7

@Sea Dog Greg-I thought you would be a good person to ask about visiting Kansas City.

A friend of mine (72) and her daughter (30 something) are thinking about visiting a new museum in Kansas City.

The Rabbit Hole is a museum dedicated to children’s literature, featuring various well-known authors.My friend is a retired school librarian and her daughter is  a third grade teacher, hence the interest in the museum.Since they would be making the trip from NY, they would like to know what other things they could do/see in KC to make it an interesting visit.

My friend has some mobility issues, they are not sports fans but do like history, art and good restaurants. Thank you for any information you could share.

MJ🙋🏻‍♀️

Edited by MJSailors
  • Like 2