Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

I thank everyone for their responses. A little background, Mo has been having issues with walking for several years now. In early may she was diagnosed with a cancer in her tongue .  Wewent to Moffit cancer center in Tampa, where a small section was removed and akk was good. Onlt issue was the procedure required a trach tube so she could breathe.  7 days later the tube was removed and she was discharged. two weeks later she went back and everything was good. But she was having difficulty walking.   Issue was the her throat was having issues swallowing. I became concerned and called our local oncology dr and thursday they had to go to our local er for an MRI and tests.  Every is good, except she can no longer walk. This morning, i woke up early and I heard her moan. EMS showed up, put her on the gurney , and started CPR. No pulse. Mo was gone.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5

21 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I thank everyone for their responses. A little background, Mo has been having issues with walking for several years now. In early may she was diagnosed with a cancer in her tongue .  Wewent to Moffit cancer center in Tampa, where a small section was removed and akk was good. Onlt issue was the procedure required a trach tube so she could breathe.  7 days later the tube was removed and she was discharged. two weeks later she went back and everything was good. But she was having difficulty walking.   Issue was the her throat was having issues swallowing. I became concerned and called our local oncology dr and thursday they had to go to our local er for an MRI and tests.  Every is good, except she can no longer walk. This morning, i woke up early and I heard her moan. EMS showed up, put her on the gurney , and started CPR. No pulse. Mo was gone.

Very sorry.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

Again so sorry for your loss, can’t imagine going thru what you went thru last couple of weeks. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mo&fran said:

karine L on X: "@NCISDIR I'm so sorry for your loss, Sir.May your Mother  rest in peace.I send you & yours my thoughts & my prayers.  https://t.co/Bgf2wfgezW" / X

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Here is what I copied and pasted from Bob's original post about his recipe.

"It was the more modern version that I did a lot of experimenting to get the juices to match what I remember from Hawaii.  I'll usually make a batch of PPOG juice (pineapple, passion fruit, orange, guava) so that it's easy to create and serve several drinks.  I then add the rest of the ingredients right before serving.

PPOG Juice:

2 oz passionfruit juice

1.5 oz guava juice

1 oz orange juice

1 oz pineapple juice

The Goya brand of passion fruit and guava are available in stores near me.  You can also order from Amazon.  Mix the PPOG juice with 0.5 oz Orgeat syrup and 1.5 oz Jamaican rum in a cocktail shaker with crushed ice and shake well..about 15 seconds.  Dump pour into a tiki glass.  Add a 0.5 oz dark rum floater on top (I just use Myer's) to give it the layered look.  Garnish with a lime wedge and fresh mint".

Enjoy!

Good idea on the bandana. THis pirate dog likes that idea.

Thank you Maryann.

6 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Thanks Greg.  The note that I have shows the same PPOG ratios but using 1 oz light rum and 1 oz Jamaican rum instead of 1.5 oz Jamaican rum.  I'm not sure if I later updated what I posted here, or maybe I posted the most recent version (above) and forgot to update my notes??  Either way should be great Deb.  The mix of light and Jamaican rum will have a slightly higher alcohol content and you'll probably taste less rum and more of the juice mix, while the 1.5 oz Jamaican rum version will have slightly more of the funky Jamaican flavor.  Take your pick.  

Thank you both!  
I’m looking forward to trying quite a few Mai Tai’s in Hawaii come September. 

• Like 2

@mo&fran  Dear Francis, please accept my sincere condolences on the loss of your dear Maureen.  We had the pleasure of meeting you last October on Adventure.  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.🙏

• Like 4

16 hours ago, StanleyandGus said:

I have a question, which I am sure with the depth of cruising experience on here some one can answer.

We have booked a cruise to the ABC islands in April of 2025. Then we found out that Radiance is going to do a Panama Canal cruise in October of 2025. We have a courtesy hold on an aft balcony, because there don’t seem to be any Grand Suites left. That expires in 3 days.

So, my son…he is single and relies on us to look after his (enormous) German Shepherd (he’s a nice dog, that’s not an issue) He is almost certainly going to be deployed overseas in 2025, for at least 6 months. The transition point is June or July, so we would lose one cruise, which is fine.

I know the deposit will be lost, but what is the best way to keep one cruise? And can we transfer any money, minus the deposit, to the other cruise?

It would be nice if my son could absolutely say when his deployment is, but he doesn’t know, and probably won’t until August.

Your question probably best to be answered by our fav Ken @Ourusualbeach

Disregard I see you already have reached to Ken.

Edited by Sunshine3601
  • Like 4

My Boss flew into town on Thursday.   I'm headed to meet him for breakfast then to the office for a couple of hours.    Hate to miss a beautiful Sunday. 

Yesterday was gorgeous!!  

But next weekend we will be headed to LBI for 2 weeks.  So plenty of time to relax.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I think 2oz of rum will help tame all the sweetness of the PPOG mixture. I did make the ultimate Mai Tai recipe from Kevin Crossman’s website. I think I liked the Ultimate just a little bit better as it wasn’t as sweet but I need to redo your recipe using the light rum and Jamaican rums.

All in the name of science, of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@Luckynana, @grapau27, @Sunshine3601

Thank you for the birthday wishes for Susan. We met our daughter and her family to have a nice dinner out.  

For our Flow Rider fans, I found a Flow Rider beer, so I had to give it a try. 

IMG_1286.thumb.jpeg.a1197050a734f858f5f800c86e90fd13.jpeg

It had a fruity taste, similar to a Blue Moon. 

The kids gobbled up the naan bombs

IMG_1287.thumb.jpeg.5d6a2a56af5c96f95f0f66dfecf37b68.jpeg

I had the Alright alright alright dish, which was a Thai crusted crispy chicken bowl with slaw, peppers, onions and noodles. It was very tasty. 

IMG_1288.thumb.jpeg.fd72aea51ff2d07c66b5fb4b51da0166.jpeg

Our daughter brought along a small chocolate cake, so that was our desert.  

IMG_1289.thumb.jpeg.117908aeed03f349541766daf501a1dd.jpeg

It was a nice little celebration. 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

We were both up early this morning to check in for our flight to San Francisco tomorrow.  

Boarding starts at 4:45 am!   We really have to get up early for that.  

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I’m looking forward to trying quite a few Mai Tai’s in Hawaii come September. 

Where will you be in Hawaii?  If Maui, definitely try one at the Hula Grill in Whalers Village, Kaanapali.  One of our favorite restaurants anywhere.  If Kauai, try one at Keoki's Paradise near Poipu Beach on the south shore or at The Hanalei Paradise in Hanalei on the north shore.  Tahiti Nui (Hanalei) and Tiki Iniki (Princeville) are both supposed to be great Tiki experiences but we didn't make it to either.  Who am I kidding?  Just go to the nearest bar and you'll probably have a good Mai Tai...you're in Hawaii!!!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

@Luckynana, @grapau27, @Sunshine3601

Thank you for the birthday wishes for Susan. We met our daughter and her family to have a nice dinner out.  

For our Flow Rider fans, I found a Flow Rider beer, so I had to give it a try. 

IMG_1286.thumb.jpeg.a1197050a734f858f5f800c86e90fd13.jpeg

It had a fruity taste, similar to a Blue Moon. 

The kids gobbled up the naan bombs

IMG_1287.thumb.jpeg.5d6a2a56af5c96f95f0f66dfecf37b68.jpeg

I had the Alright alright alright dish, which was a Thai crusted crispy chicken bowl with slaw, peppers, onions and noodles. It was very tasty. 

IMG_1288.thumb.jpeg.fd72aea51ff2d07c66b5fb4b51da0166.jpeg

Our daughter brought along a small chocolate cake, so that was our desert.  

IMG_1289.thumb.jpeg.117908aeed03f349541766daf501a1dd.jpeg

It was a nice little celebration. 

I somehow missed that it was Susan’s birthday.  I must have been distracted by the Mai Tai discussion 🙂.  Happy belated wishes for a great year for her and many more. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Where will you be in Hawaii?  If Maui, definitely try one at the Hula Grill in Whalers Village, Kaanapali.  One of our favorite restaurants anywhere.  If Kauai, try one at Keoki's Paradise near Poipu Beach on the south shore or at The Hanalei Paradise in Hanalei on the north shore.  Tahiti Nui (Hanalei) and Tiki Iniki (Princeville) are both supposed to be great Tiki experiences but we didn't make it to either.  Who am I kidding?  Just go to the nearest bar and you'll probably have a good Mai Tai...you're in Hawaii!!!

Hahaha, I’m sure there are no shortages of good Mai Tai’s in Hawaii but I appreciate your recommendations.  We’ll be on Oahu for 8 nights, then Kauai for 3 nights, staying in the Poipu Beach area.  We are renting a car on both islands so we’ll definitely be able to check these out.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Momof3gurlz said:

I somehow missed that it was Susan’s birthday.  I must have been distracted by the Mai Tai discussion 🙂.  Happy belated wishes for a great year for her and many more. 

Thank you for the birthday wishes for Susan, and have a great time in Hawaii.  Still trying to talk our family into doing that for one of our Christmas/ New Tear holidays.   An easy sell for our son, but a tougher one for our daughter, because of the long flight.  

Speaking of flights, my reading material for our trip to California tomorrow. 

IMG_1293.thumb.jpeg.11b311268fbec79298a53a219e657d93.jpeg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Thank you for the birthday wishes for Susan, and have a great time in Hawaii.  Still trying to talk our family into doing that for one of our Christmas/ New Tear holidays.   An easy sell for our son, but a tougher one for our daughter, because of the long flight.  

Speaking of flights, my reading material for our trip to California tomorrow. 

IMG_1293.thumb.jpeg.11b311268fbec79298a53a219e657d93.jpeg

I don't recall if I acknowledged Susan's special day so happy birthday to Susan!  May all of her birthday wishes come true. I've had Grisham's latest book on hold at my library for at least 3 months.  Hope it's a good one.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

My Boss flew into town on Thursday.   I'm headed to meet him for breakfast then to the office for a couple of hours.    Hate to miss a beautiful Sunday. 

Yesterday was gorgeous!!  

But next weekend we will be headed to LBI for 2 weeks.  So plenty of time to relax.

Great timing, Debbie and Eric!  It's supposed to hit 90 here by next Friday!  😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, h20skibum said:

We were both up early this morning to check in for our flight to San Francisco tomorrow.  

Boarding starts at 4:45 am!   We really have to get up early for that.  

Safe travels tomorrow, Susan and Mark!✈️

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I don't recall if I acknowledged Susan's special day so happy birthday to Susan!  May all of her birthday wishes come true. I've had Grisham's latest book on hold at my library for at least 3 months.  Hope it's a good one.

Thank you!  I don’t recall, but she will always take double wishes.

I must have lucked out with the latest book.  I put a hold on it this week, at our library.  I went in to look for a book to take along, and about 10 minutes after I left, they texted and said the newest Grisham book was ready for pickup.  

• Like 4