Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

4 hours ago, George C said:

I definitely need to buy Apple it’s the only major streaming service I am missing. 

I have been very pleased with it. The original movies are very, very good. They have some really interesting sci-fi stuff that I love. We just started watching the show Dark Matter last night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@grapau27 Graham, beautiful photos from your lovely cruise. No wonder you make a point of booking the speciality restaurants beforehand.  All your meals looked superb. Both you and Pauline are looking well and stylish as always.

Thank you so much for your lovely words.

Your photos are always stunning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surprise, surprise, surprise as Gomer Pyle used to say.  The Dr. said the little stone had passed just like I thought and then he said pointing to the image "this one is too big to pass". Sigh.  So now I find out what he wants to do about it on July 15th.  I just hope it will be a quick fix cause I have a lot of things coming up this fall.

Edited by Keksie
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Water aerobics class starts in 1 hour. No more excuses. All the wardrobe boxes emptied, just the 2 dish packs with odds and ends each seems to need thinking about what to do with, like I last pulled out 2 little weights. Where should they go kind of stuff.

I got my purple noodle up at a tourist shop on the beach for 4.99. Dollar stores has boxes and boxes of them for $1.25 but not purple. 

My realtor came by yesterday and we went to red lobster for endless chowder salad and biscuits. 

My cousin sent me a link for another unit in here 702 that sold. All big tile, no carpet, kitchen has stainless appliances and cabinets changed out. Sold for less than mine so the market is still soft. I have mixed feelings on all carpet. Sure easier to clean no carpet, this carpet shows everything but it's a nice plush carpet that feels good to walk on. I've had a lot of hotel rooms with the no carpet look. I like to walk around in socks, take off my shoes. No carpet i go thru socks like crazy getting holes in them. But prices here continue to be soft, though i love living on the top floor, that unit 1 floor lower. Time to relax a bit. The rest will take time to put together, hang pictures, etc. I'm ambivalent on changing out the carpet. It sure feels nice on my feet. Very plush. Aerobics!  No more excuses. 

• Like 9

On 6/21/2024 at 3:35 PM, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Remember that big storm in our area at the end of May? All of the downed trees & branches are still piled up by the streets waiting to be picked up by the city. They say they have now completed 50% of the pickup, but it really doesn't seem like it. 

In the meantime, normal bulk trash pickup has been suspended indefinitely while they focus on storm debris. That means the usual junk people would leave by the curb is not getting picked up for an even longer time. The city has stressed that they will not pick up the branches if there is any bulk trash mixed in. 

So someone in our neighborhood, not wanting their own house to be junked up by their trash, dumped a loveseat and a wooden pallet in our storm debris pile this morning. It's too big to fit in our cars to take to the dump. Brian moved them away from the branches so at least the city won't skip it, but now our yard looks like a trash pile due to rude neighbors. There's nowhere else for us to put it. 

I got out the afternoon before rhe storm. My buyer was a all cash AS IS buyer but demanded I pay some damages. He says a tree from next door came down and crushed a galvanized fence, my bil looked and thought the shed next door got picked up by the winds. And dumped on the fence. I havent even seen the damage, but I finally agreed to $700. He was threatening to not close. Idk the legalities of a as is sale ... and whatever crushed it was cleaned up and removed before either buyer or bil saw it.

My bil said everyone on his street had tree damage and he too has no trees. I finally gave in and paid for some damages from the storm. I guess consider myself lucky. I had no bed to sleep on after the movers packed me up, so I left about 4 pm. Managed to make vicksburg 5+ hours away. Even if it was 4 pm, it turns out to be a good thing I drove out of town. A younger me would have slept on the floor and left in the morning. It sure must have been a humdinger of a storm. I guess sometime that night or by morning it hit. Sorry your neighbor dumped his bulk trash on you. Not right. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

We just finished watching a really good series on Apple TV+. I don't know if many of you have it but the series, "Defending Jacob." I don't want to give too much of the story away but the basic premise is "after a shocking crime rocks a small town, an assistant district attorney finds himself torn between his sworn duty to uphold the law and his unconditional love for his son".

It is a great who done it that will leave you with questions to the very end. Very well done and acted. I highly recommend this one if you have it.

Book is also very good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Keksie said:

Surprise, surprise, surprise as Gomer Pyle used to say.  The Dr. said the little stone had passed just like I thought and then he said pointing to the image "this one is too big to pass". Sigh.  So now I find out what he wants to do about it on July 15th.  I just hope it will be a quick fix cause I have a lot of things coming up this fall.

I will be interested in hearing his plan. Hopefully they can zap that one too.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I have been very pleased with it. The original movies are very, very good. They have some really interesting sci-fi stuff that I love. We just started watching the show Dark Matter last night.

I want to watch Ted Lasso had seen first few episodes when there was a free preview.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, George C said:

I want to watch Ted Lasso had seen first few episodes when there was a free preview.

Ted Lasso is incredible. You would love it.

23 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Has anyone been on the Adventure of the Seas recently? Thoughts please? Has this ship been refurbished or amplified? Thoughts on cabins 7388 and 7688?

Researching some cruises on Adventure. Similar ships we have been on are Explorer, Freedom, Liberty, Indi.

We were on her last October. Love that ship. She still looks good despite the interior looking a like dated but I don’t mind. She was updated in 2018 but not amplified. Not sure for her schedule now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Has anyone been on the Adventure of the Seas recently? Thoughts please? Has this ship been refurbished or amplified? Thoughts on cabins 7388 and 7688?

Researching some cruises on Adventure. Similar ships we have been on are Explorer, Freedom, Liberty, Indi.

We stayed in 7388 on Adventure on a cruise over Thanksgiving 2022. LOVED it. It was one of my favorite cruises even though it was a shorter one. That cabin in particular was so nice with the extra-large balcony (we also had its counterpart on Liberty in 2019). The ship is a little dated, but it was well-maintained at that time. 

image.thumb.jpeg.4739b42d3e53b6036c17a512bb780c0e.jpeg

IMG_2134.thumb.jpeg.82788024013ccc1da3a24a61ade2ca8d.jpeg

IMG_2097.thumb.jpeg.c23685007e28269582f51c6b24047919.jpeg

IMG_2073.thumb.jpeg.16e34dd2b245d1e8c17e7e8ff7ea0aac.jpeg

IMG_2082.thumb.jpeg.6d7991b4d9b0dd043dee94206b218d32.jpeg

IMG_2126.thumb.jpeg.9ac336dd1dc2726e3a2159ce15ba7a87.jpeg

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Ted Lasso is incredible. You would love it.

We were on her last October. Love that ship. She still looks good despite the interior looking a like dated but I don’t mind. She was updated in 2018 but not amplified. Not sure for her schedule now. 

I was on Adventure with @Sea Dog last October and then again this past March with @Momof3gurlz and had excellent cruises both times and we love Captain Jarrett!  I was just on Explorer this past June and I have to say that the size of those ships are very nice!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We stayed in 7388 on Adventure on a cruise over Thanksgiving 2022. LOVED it. It was one of my favorite cruises even though it was a shorter one. That cabin in particular was so nice with the extra-large balcony (we also had its counterpart on Liberty in 2019). The ship is a little dated, but it was well-maintained at that time. 

image.thumb.jpeg.4739b42d3e53b6036c17a512bb780c0e.jpeg

IMG_2134.thumb.jpeg.82788024013ccc1da3a24a61ade2ca8d.jpeg

IMG_2097.thumb.jpeg.c23685007e28269582f51c6b24047919.jpeg

IMG_2073.thumb.jpeg.16e34dd2b245d1e8c17e7e8ff7ea0aac.jpeg

IMG_2082.thumb.jpeg.6d7991b4d9b0dd043dee94206b218d32.jpeg

IMG_2126.thumb.jpeg.9ac336dd1dc2726e3a2159ce15ba7a87.jpeg

SOLD!!!!!! Thank you!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

SOLD!!!!!! Thank you!

I'll be on Adventure on Aug 2nd for 8 nights.  But it seems like you've already made up your mind. 🙂

EDIT: Liberty is always been a favorite of mine so I expect Adventure to be the same, just slight smaller without a dedicated Sorrentos.

Edited by HBE4
  • Like 4