Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Luckynana said:

53 years ago today, Jim and I exchanged our Wedding Vows.

52 years ago today, our 1st daughter surprised us by arriving on our 1st Anniversary.  According To my Dr, she wasn’t due until 4 weeks later.

IMG_1084.thumb.jpeg.a162d3e7d283b8a066a48b8a848a3e61.jpeg

Gorgeous photo.  Happy Anniversary to you both & Happy Birthday to your daughter.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Real busy with work, going through a significant change that I can talk about later.  Last three weeks have been hectic to say the least and I think the next month or so will be the similar.  I've been able to catch up the last few days. 

Wishing you and family all the best.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Luckynana said:

52 years ago today, our 1st daughter surprised us by arriving on our 1st Anniversary.  According To my Dr, she wasn’t due until 4 weeks later.

Happy Anniversary to you both and Happy Birthday to your daughter.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful photo!   Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your Daughter🥰🎉🥂

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Beautiful photo!   Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to your Daughter🥰🎉🥂

From me too🎉

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sad day here, ten years ago today my mom was killed crossing the street near our house.  This little one came along almost two months later and helped us deal with a difficult timeIMG_9830.thumb.jpeg.c691b7edbd88128f012e22b0bebb5025.jpeg

Thinking of you on this somber anniversary.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Maryann, you two looked fantastic.  I don’t think I ever went into the Hofbrau, just drove by!

OB, Charlie loves Hogans Heroes.  When I had my first baby,who hardly slept, Charlie would put it on and the baby would wake up so I have no love for that show!!! It was already in reruns fifty years ago!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Gorgeous photo.  Happy Anniversary to you both & Happy Birthday to your daughter.

+ 1 Maryann, eldest daughter & Jim 💐  @Luckynana

1 hour ago, aussielozzie18 said:

@Coralc  sincerely hope you get some relief from the pain asap.

@Coralc Pat  + 1

47 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Wishing you and family all the best.

+ 1 Andrew  @A&L_Ont

17 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Thinking of you on this somber anniversary.

+ 1 Marietta 😢  @DaniDanielle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

?!?!  Did Owen not join you for dinner?

LOL, it was my leftovers. Just enjoying it now. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Sad day here, ten years ago today my mom was killed crossing the street near our house.  This little one came along almost two months later and helped us deal with a difficult timeIMG_9830.thumb.jpeg.c691b7edbd88128f012e22b0bebb5025.jpeg

I remember the story about your mom. Very sad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Maryann, you two looked fantastic.  I don’t think I ever went into the Hofbrau, just drove by!

OB, Charlie loves Hogans Heroes.  When I had my first baby,who hardly slept, Charlie would put it on and the baby would wake up so I have no love for that show!!! It was already in reruns fifty years ago!

Well, we agree on enough things that I won't hold this against you.😊 However, the show was awesome!

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Luckynana said:

this is a new phone.. I’m not sure if this picture loaded pIMG_1084.thumb.jpeg.a162d3e7d283b8a066a48b8a848a3e61.jpegroperly 

Beautiful photo Maryann.

Happy 53rd anniversary to you and Jim.

Happy 52nd birthday to your dear daughter.

Screenshot_20240718_183912.jpg

Screenshot_20240718_184046.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Luckynana said:

The Bandleader for the band who played at our Wedding was in the band in the Wedding Scene of the Godfather.  Also, the owner of the Hofbrau on Staten Island, a restaurant and bar (and my hangout for several years) had a walk-on in the movie.  Much of the crew from the Godfather ate at the Hofbrau.

The Godfather's house in the movie is a home that my husband did some painting and  work on the roof for the owners.   Lots of connections....😉

My short term memory is nearly gone so I cannot recall if I already posted this and there are too many posts to go through for me.If  I am repeating ,I am sorry .A few weeks ago I read the Autobiography of a Stage Actor .He grew up in Brooklyn.He mentioned a childhood friend who he last spoke to in 1958 .I knew someone with the same first and last name who had the same nickname.I found the authors e-mail ,contacted him and told him that the guy I knew became a Medical Doctor who might still be practicing .

The author responded to my e-mail with his home phone number in California.I called him and he wanted to know if we could have a Zoom conversation .During the course of the zoom we found out that we knew several of the same people.

• Like 8

22 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

Jack and I were never extras in a movie BUT, approximately 50 years ago, Jack's picture was on the front page of the NY Daily News, very close up.  No, he didn't kill anyone.  NY was experiencing a winter blizzard and the camera caught Jack walking thru the snow in mid-Manhattan.  I remember buying multiple copies of the paper but have no idea what happened to them.  A co-worker at the advertising agency I worked at, was able to get me a glossy 8 by 10 picture.  Jack's claim to fame is lost!

In 1992 a news magazine that circulates all over the US had a story in an issue about me and a job accomplishment.There was a picture of me in the story.For some reason I never kept the magazine but I did keep the story and made copies over the years for friends and family.In 1999 a NYC news magazine did a story about Internet message boards.I was a regular OB a Brooklyn nostalgia board and I. and another regular were chosen to be in the story.This time I kept the magazine.

• Like 8

Arrived at the Lake House this afternoon for the weekend.  Some of my friends will be joining me tomorrow for a “girls weekend “.  

I plan on doing a little celebrating.  In the last two weeks I’ve had a skin biopsy and on Tuesday had a biopsy done on my thyroid.  

I’m thrilled and very thankful to say, both came back negative. 

If anyone is going to be near Northern Michigan this weekend.  Come and help celebrate.  (I have extra cots and sleeping bags). 😁

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2