Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

52 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Double sided tape works really well with the clawing.  Except with my Annabel who gets one of the other cats to get tangled in it so she has a straight shot at the door jambs.  Not interested in furniture just the door jambs.  We have most of them protected with plastic corners now.  LOL

Annabel is a smart kitty!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, derorim said:

Annabel is a smart kitty!

Yes she is.  Elmer brings toys for treats and meows a special meow.  Annabel started showing up when she hears his meow so that she gets a treat too.  Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

8 hours ago, helen haywood said:

When lockdown finally drove me insane with boredom on May 1, 2020 and I went to the shelter to get a cat…they only had two.  Diana, my gray and white cat, and Tenzing who was a scrawny waif curled up in a basket.  The shelter attendant said the waif got along with other cats but didn’t socialize with humans.  

Not only could I not leave the little thing all alone in the shelter…but it seemed her chances of getting adopted wouldn’t be great it they told everyone she didn’t socialize with people!!  So we took both cats.  

Tenzing was shyer than Diana but gradually came out of her shell.  Diana was an absolute love looking after Tenzing who wanted nothing more than to be with her at all times.  We were all very happy for three months…when one day Tenzing ran unconcernedly past me…and I found her dead five minutes later.  I have no idea why.  Congenital heart failure?

I went back to the shelter and got Minnie the next day…not so much to “replace” Tenzing but I’d so enjoyed watching the two cats interact.  Here are some pictures of Diana and Tenzing.

IMG_1441.jpeg

IMG_1440.jpeg

IMG_1427.jpeg

Sweet pictures and how precious that Diana was there for Tenzing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Ozark_Kid

John, a veteran police reporter on Israeli TV was diagnosed two and a half years ago, and so far, only his voice has been affected. The somewhat "stable" condition he is in is due to having treatments in Boston, flying out every 3 months.

I've reached out, and received the name of his doctor -- Merit Cudkowicz, MD.

Hope this info can help you, best wishes 🌺

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, dbancroft said:

We enjoyed our day at Cococay and at Nassau tomorrow.  Looking forward to seeing the Disney Dream and Utopia docked tomorrow in Nassau.

I'm one of the folks around here that likes Nassau. I always look forward to returning.

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

May be an image of 1 person and text

Lovely photo of your tall athletic handsome son.

If Andrew  was in Australia, he would be in High School.  Students here start High School aged approx 13.   First year of High School is Year 7.

Final year of High School is Year 12.

After graduating Year 12, next step is University.

(Alternatively, students can opt to leave High School at the end of Year 10 and start an apprenticeship for a trade)

Edited by aussielozzie18
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, aussielozzie18 said:

Lovely photo of your tall athletic handsome son.

If Andrew  was in Australia, he would be in High School.  Students here start High School aged approx 13.   First year of High School is Year 7.

Final year of High School is Year 12.

After graduating Year 12, next step is University.

(Alternatively, students can opt to leave High School at the end of Year 10 and start an apprenticeship for a trade)

Thank you! 

Andrew is 14, and he could be in high school (9th grade here) now, but we delayed his start in kindergarten since he has a summer birthday. We're very glad we did. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thank you! 

Andrew is 14, and he could be in high school (9th grade here) now, but we delayed his start in kindergarten since he has a summer birthday. We're very glad we did. 

I think delaying start was a smart move , I was pushed forward and would have done better if i graduated at 18 rather than 17. How tall is Andrew?

Good morning from Siam and Loki 

image.jpeg

• Like 19

6 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ozark_Kid

John, a veteran police reporter on Israeli TV was diagnosed two and a half years ago, and so far, only his voice has been affected. The somewhat "stable" condition he is in is due to having treatments in Boston, flying out every 3 months.

I've reached out, and received the name of his doctor -- Merit Cudkowicz, MD.

Hope this info can help you, best wishes 🌺

Living in fear, not knowing when and if you will be attacked, you took the time to research to help someone online you and we all care about.  I hope it helps.  You're amazing!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, George C said:

I think delaying start was a smart move , I was pushed forward and would have done better if i graduated at 18 rather than 17. How tall is Andrew?

Yes, it's definitely been better for him to be older in his class. He will graduate high school just a few days before his 19th birthday and will start college at 19. He is currently about 5'7" at age 14. He's not the tallest in his class, but he's growing. Brian's identical twin is 6'1", so that's how tall he would have been if he didn't have CP. I'm nearly 5'9" and my bros are 6'6" and 6'3". So he should be a nice height eventually. He will for sure outgrow me in the next year. 

May be an image of 5 people

• Like 18

2 minutes ago, George C said:

image.jpeg

11 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thank you! 

Very popular here for parents to delay sending their boys to kindergarten by a year. Better to do it at the start of their schooling than have to repeat a year down the track.

• Like 5

I have been missing here for a couple weeks, since I have been busy with my LIVE.  I hope everyone is doing well.  

We had a great time cruising with grandkids, and they quickly adapted to cruise life.  Our week at Disney was exhausting.  

Although we missed out on rain and storms on the cruise and at Disney, that wasn’t the case back home.  Nothing that about 12 hours of cleanup and brush burning didn’t take care of. 

This is the final week of Summer of Fun 4.0.  My son had a red eye flight from SFO, so I was at the airport before 7 to pick him up.  Came home and set up the canopy for Thursday’s pre-birthday party for my CA grandson.  His actual birthday is the 25th, but we will celebrate his 12th before he goes back.  Next to shop and cook for 20-30 people.  

Daryl’s crew says Cheers

IMG_2300.thumb.jpeg.5fe9b6bf36a4d3df6bd0fe0cbbdfc5da.jpeg

• Like 28

I have a Netflix show to highly recommend:Love On The Spectrum.

Either the American or Australian.Both are excellent.It is about those who are Autistic and looking for love.
I watched the American first as I have a cousin who is Autistic as is a son of one of my CC friends.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, George C said:

image.jpeg

Looking back. I wished my mom would have delayed my entrance into kindergarten. 
My birthday is December 15.  And I was the youngest one in my class. 
It didn’t matter in kindergarten. 

But grade school we had 190ish in our level.  I was amongst the bottom 5% as far as grades went.  Just did enough and got by. 
They wanted me to repeat a grade in 4, 5, grade but my mother said no. 
Before I went to High School we were tested for classes.  College prep or technical trades. 
Um I scored in the top 94 percentile. 
it earned me a visit to the guidance counselor and after a long discussion I got the lecture about growing up and not being lazy in my studies. 
I heeeded the insight, my guidance counselor was a jewel. 
I got placed in college prep. And the rest speaks for itself. 
Full scholarship to nursing school. Graduated in top 6 with honors. 
Graduated Penn State with 3.89

Passed anesthesia boards top 90 percentile. 

Yup 

Absolutely not ready to start kindergarten at 4 years old. 

But eventually grew up. 

But,  looking back. It was what it was. 

Be safe. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Thank you! 

Good move. My parents held me back in third grade because we moved in the middle of the year and the old district taught was called old math compared to the new district which taught new modern math. That and my birthday being in May made it better being an older person in my class than youngest.

Also and you can tell Andrew this he will turn 16 before most of his other classmates. I became very popular as one of the first people in my class who could drive when I turned 16. Everyone wanted to go with me. 😉

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Also and you can tell Andrew this he will turn 16 before most of his other classmates. I became very popular as one of the first people in my class who could drive when I turned 16. Everyone wanted to go with me. 😉

YES. He is already looking forward to this. He will have his license by the beginning of his sophomore year. Unfortunately for him, Texas law won't allow him to drive the party bus 😂 full of all of his friends, but at least he'll be able to get himself to school and back after all of his extra practices.

"With a provisional license, teens can't drive with more than one passenger under 21 who isn't a family member, unless it's for work, school, or a medical emergency. They also can't drive between midnight and 5 AM,"

• Like 6