Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We made it to the second hotel.  Didn't notice any Helene damage until we got to this town, Tiffon ga. We saw roof damage and trees down.   The hotel we were at has electricity but no tv or internet.  We were delayed for 2 hours about 30 miles out from here.  There was a wreck on the highway before crossing the river.  Other than that we are still going! Tomorrow is a shorter drive to Orlando. 

Our friends that are cruising for the 1st time made it to Orlando today.   Our regular cruise friends plan to fly into Orlando tomorrow. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

We made it to the second hotel.  Didn't notice any Helene damage until we got to this town, Tiffon ga. We saw roof damage and trees down.   The hotel we were at has electricity but no tv or internet.  We were delayed for 2 hours about 30 miles out from here.  There was a wreck on the highway before crossing the river.  Other than that we are still going! Tomorrow is a shorter drive to Orlando. 

Our friends that are cruising for the 1st time made it to Orlando today.   Our regular cruise friends plan to fly into Orlando tomorrow. 

Stay safe John!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Update on my “cold”. 

Ended up with full blown sinus infection 

One minute mild headache. Next minute 10/10. 
Proceeds to every time I cough or try to drink severe facial pain. 
Then. 
The area above the sinuses on my face if you even attempted to push on them, Well let’s just say you got what you deserved. 

Slept all day Wednesday and Thursday. 

Today. Started prescribed antibiotics and headache gone and pain markedly decreased. 9 more days of antibiotics. 

Would never wish this one on anyone. 

Stay healthy. 

Edited by Lionesss
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Update on my “cold”. 

Then. 
The area above the sinuses on my face if you even attempted to push on them, Well let’s just say you got what you deserved. 

Today. Started prescribed antibiotics and headache gone and pain markedly decreased. 9 more days of antibiotics. 

Stay healthy. 

Sue, been there, done that.  Unfortunately more than once.  I feel your pain.  Antibiotics, liquids and rest are your best friends.

• Like 3

Good morning from another sunny day in Adelaide.  Forecast was rain from midday so decided to visit a historic house - Carrick Hill.  Easy bus ride from Adelaide CBD.

The house sits on 100 acres and backs onto bush.  The gardens are free to explore and picnic on but the house itself you pay to enter.  Arrived too early for the guided tour - so fortified myself with a superb morning tea of scones & cream from the restaurant/cafe nearby after exploring the gardens then returned to the house for an excellent small group guided tour.

Would love to visit next month when the masses of roses are in bloom.  As I suspected the guide confirmed they get a lot of kangaroos visiting the grounds.

Highlight of the interior was all the original paintings and all the beautiful (William) Morris & Co tapestries.5286185C-442E-44DE-8242-B4070D92E7C3.thumb.jpeg.519319d4aa4f0f78bc985de64e5ba268.jpeg

423F303D-9B8F-405A-A996-3F87F2ACDB60.thumb.jpeg.0f3bf0087d18ba8f5e30abaac6db33b1.jpeg

703ADCF4-4894-433B-9E2C-9E0E3ADE7D69.thumb.jpeg.c96105f37e7658402dbeee34561f2eaf.jpeg

15BD51AC-683D-4A1C-BE1A-03B3A372E44C.thumb.jpeg.acb0cb3cfbdc76f2ce0bf27dc7c80b5c.jpeg

080C96B7-7ECC-455C-806E-5668C640D480.thumb.jpeg.a0ee91948b5c3e05345630e3ba260346.jpeg

119BDEF5-751B-48BD-80E3-F1E07E0A8DE8.thumb.jpeg.34b964dbcaa231697692aaeac4861618.jpeg

Blue Mountains/3 sisters

0241A42B-452E-4A52-99A7-3EA091680C5B.thumb.jpeg.a2ba023ea4064cebd0efc03b3991a2bf.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Almost there...Woo Hoo!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, taznremmy said:

Today was Vancouver, B.C.  Could not have asked for a nicer day.

IMG_9764.thumb.jpeg.a717159da40980f05465273f0dfd6ce9.jpeg

IMG_9767.thumb.jpeg.99fbee90eae420f1eff87417d2d0a11a.jpeg

IMG_9768.thumb.jpeg.18a97708e79a4f4ab8382242663b2878.jpeg

Lions Gate Bridge:

IMG_9770.thumb.jpeg.c7d7013109e705df719da4e41af0d2f3.jpeg

Lighthouse for @Ocean Boy:

IMG_9772.thumb.jpeg.6f3540392b49333f75cd618440cfecd9.jpeg

Where did you stay. I just started to look for this time next year. A hotel near the airport is safe as I'm worried my tracfone wouldnt work to call uber unless I add a international card. Airport hotels have shuttles but i guess I'd still have to call.  Seemed like all of Ken's people added the leg from Vancouver to calif and calif to ft Lauderdale..so yesterday i did too, as the hurricane came in lol. 

• Like 2

I read a post yesterday mid day and someone said it took them 2 hours to get from Merritt island to the port in the traffic jam of people trying to get off and people arriving. Google maps says 16  minute drive. So good thing I didnt drive to the port it seems. Traffic was just stopped with both debark and embark people all there at once jammed up not moving. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lionesss said:

Update on my “cold”. 

Then. 

Stay healthy. 

I need a hug (gently) button.  Sinus infections are awful.  I hope the antibiotics work their magic quickly for you.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Sue I'm afraid I missed something. What did you do so fun that you deserve sinus infections? You must have been out having a ball?

I think I ran myself too thin. Not sleeping.

super women syndrome. 

Baking,  Babysitting and cruising. Too much busy. No down time. 

36 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I need a hug (gently) button.  Sinus infections are awful.  I hope the antibiotics work their magic quickly for you.

❤️

• Like 6

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Where did you stay. I just started to look for this time next year. A hotel near the airport is safe as I'm worried my tracfone wouldnt work to call uber unless I add a international card. Airport hotels have shuttles but i guess I'd still have to call.  Seemed like all of Ken's people added the leg from Vancouver to calif and calif to ft Lauderdale..so yesterday i did too, as the hurricane came in lol. 

Are you cruising out of Vancouver?  If so, the easiest place to stay is the Pan Pacific Vancouver.  The hotel is right above the port.  When you check out of the hotel the morning of your cruise, you literally walk down some stairs to check into the cruise.  The hotel also has luggage service so that your luggage goes from your room directly to the ship.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Are you cruising out of Vancouver?  If so, the easiest place to stay is the Pan Pacific Vancouver.  The hotel is right above the port.  When you check out of the hotel the morning of your cruise, you literally walk down some stairs to check into the cruise.  The hotel also has luggage service so that your luggage goes from your room directly to the ship.  

Yes I've read all the cc threads on hotels, was just curious where the above poster stayed. Pan Pacific seems a little pricey for getting in after a long flight. Hotels . com shows a price, it's too soon for other sites to show a price. .. another month. I just booked it 2 days ago while waiting for the hurricane. Seems like everyone else with my TA is boarding in Vancouver. I dread the long plane ride but decided I can do this. It's the boarding pt to take radiance thru the Panama canal thru to ft Lauderdale. The one this year ends in tampa, but I'm ending ft Lauderdale sept and oct 2025. 

Prices start $399 plus tax says for city views, then below lists city and harbor views. Just added the leg Vancouver to calif. Uggh I dread the flight. Seems like a Thursday night would be less. I just started to look. When I return from texas in nov I'll decide, right now ill looking. 

20240928_101557.jpg

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Waiting for my movers for 3.5 weeks I was in hotels all that time thru priceline and hotels . com is why now thru both are offering me perks.

That's why pan Pacific and others I get at least 10% off and the $20 cad drink credit and vip whatever that is... there are actually hotels offering me way over $100 off ... of course rheh cost even more than pan pacific .. anyway ..that's why the vip and the drink thing is showing for pan Pacific. Specific perks because the movers were so slow moving my stuff now I get hotel perks. I didnt just use one site though..too bad or I might have even more perks. Priceline wants me back too with special prices. 

This afternoon was the AFL (Australian Football League) Grand Final.  Sydney Swans vs Brisbane Lions.

Here is Max barracking for the Sydney Swans.662F3A0B-535E-4928-AD69-E4BC0893778F.thumb.jpeg.7cf9c355d3a6e4542b84a0f9f1bfa8be.jpeg

So, the options were to join all the AFL fans at one of the many pubs in Adelaide watching the big game on the tv OR do a 2.3km self guided Art Trail in lovely North Adelaide.

Caught the free bus to North Adelaide and with a map in hand, set off to locate the 

16 replica artworks to be discovered on the outdoor walls of the many historic homes in the area.  

Funny thing was that the 2nd and 3rd artworks were meant to be on the wall of a particular pub.  Found one, couldn’t find the other despite 3 times I walked back & forth past the outdoor big tv screen where sadly the Sydney Swans were losing badly.  Turns out the big tv screen had been set up directly in front of the said artwork 🤦‍♀️

Anyways, it was a very pleasant long walk in the rain to find them all.5C721809-9415-4B1D-B407-4D506D7061FE.thumb.jpeg.f36b0b98b021bc19005bf3ea9f20dd44.jpeg

5E31E5D7-D995-420A-80F4-F5525EAABB81.thumb.jpeg.99e92695f0b991105377c953ca2e8da5.jpeg

4EE532CC-C1D6-4017-A00D-54793DA21EC8.thumb.jpeg.0bf5471b646e0ad443baedfd5eb358d7.jpeg

8666B275-0901-4966-9357-4946AA88B058.thumb.jpeg.e69a82bc24e76bac0c4296665bbf2c67.jpeg

9F8EC148-374B-42F5-9493-A8B361677B4A.thumb.jpeg.3e7d9c4263ec2571ebfb74917a9569bb.jpeg

6E0F5253-3A1D-4D3A-A8C3-087D1AE58C17.thumb.jpeg.5177479afbeb3303fa43b8a256963c50.jpeg

5F1EF2DE-8F0C-4E42-89C6-73E6354D064E.thumb.jpeg.ba3562b06cd88ae554a7f99adf763369.jpeg

• Like 19

We watched Dr. Odyssey last night and didn’t hate it. There were quite a few inaccuracies, such as the size of the crew cabins and the med center, the black-tie captain’s table, but the one that made me laugh the most was the captain’s obsession with making the ship perfect for the guests. That attitude went out the window a long time ago, but we all keep cruising and demand is higher than ever. 

LOL at Rachel Dratch starring as the lady whose husband got the iodine poisoning and broken clavicle. I remember her from SNL.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

We watched Dr. Odyssey last night and didn’t hate it.

Same here. While it is far from reality on a cruise ship (example the doc’s cabin) I take it for what it is a fictional tv show. I’ll give it a season to see if it improves. The guy that created it is the same guy behind the show 911 whose latest episode is about a swarm of killer bees and abeenado. My expectations are already low.

• Like 6
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Welcome to Orlando! In our local area, the weather is good ....but around Orlando, every street has a micro climate! It could be pouring on one "piece of land" and bright and sunny on a neighbor's piece of land!!!😁
Have a safe journey.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Even in our downsized home, it can be raining in the backyard and not in the front…

Our indoor/outdoor cat would have loved that! He used to make us open every door to prove it was actually raining outside everywhere! 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 9